Some of you may wonder why I blog so much during this ordeal. Quite frankly, I eat, breathe and sleep Gracie and this blog helps me feel connected to her when I am home at night or even when I am by her side in the hospital. This is my journal of every detail of her life to remember always. I was a journal writer when I was young and into my young adulthood. I think it helps me deal with challenging times in my life.
Dr. K was here this morning and decided to go in again and wash out Gracie's chest because of the bleeding. He also turned down the flow on the ECMO machine to see if her little heart would take over and do some of the work.
It didn't.
Her little heart is just not going to recover. We are out of second chances. They have done all they can do. Her body is wearing out.
If it were up to me, I would keep Gracie on ECMO for a month just to see her sweet face, touch her delicate hand or rub her cute little toes. But we have to let our sweet girl go, for her sake. Luckily, it is not a decision we had to make. She made it for us. She is not in pain but her body is suffering.
She is still having a tremendous amount of bleeding. Her body has had enough. Our hearts are aching.
We came home tonight and had a little family council. What a difficult thing to tell your children that this time, for sure, Gracie is not coming home. To see the tears on my children's cheeks is almost too much to bear. I knew a long time ago that if Gracie passed away that it would be difficult for Tom and I, but I DREADED dealing with three grieving children. Two mornings ago Max asked me first thing when he woke up, "Mom, how long does MOURNING last?" I told him that it can last a long, long, time. After our meeting tonight Max made Gracie a sign that said "We Love You Gracie" with a big red heart to take with us to the hospital tomorrow. I think she will like it.
So tomorrow is a very dreaded day. The day most parents hope they will never have. The one where they say goodbye to their little one for this lifetime. In the morning, we are going to take the kids up to say goodbye then they will be taken home while Tom and I stay up there for however long we feel we need to.
We have come full circle. The reason I say that is because one week ago we got the call that we thought would change our lives for the better, forever.
It wasn't to be.
Now, we have the chance to donate some of Gracie's organs. Wow, what an experience.
Because of this, we won't get to be with her after her passing like we would want to. Our donor family didn't get to do that either. I envisioned being able to hold her for as long as I wanted to after her passing but you can't do that when you are an organ donor. They will let us be there when she passes but will have to take her immediately to the operating room. I feel like it's the least we can do. We are so grateful for the family that gave our daughter a new chance at life. We hope that Gracie can do that for someone else too.
Thank you for the tremendous outpouring of love and support to our family. We feel the peace that your prayers are bringing into our lives.
WE LOVE YOU GRACIE GIRL!! You have changed our lives for the better and we will strive to live our lives in a way that we can see you again in heaven. You have been a pure blessing, an absolute treasured gift.
Dr. K was here this morning and decided to go in again and wash out Gracie's chest because of the bleeding. He also turned down the flow on the ECMO machine to see if her little heart would take over and do some of the work.
It didn't.
Her little heart is just not going to recover. We are out of second chances. They have done all they can do. Her body is wearing out.
If it were up to me, I would keep Gracie on ECMO for a month just to see her sweet face, touch her delicate hand or rub her cute little toes. But we have to let our sweet girl go, for her sake. Luckily, it is not a decision we had to make. She made it for us. She is not in pain but her body is suffering.
She is still having a tremendous amount of bleeding. Her body has had enough. Our hearts are aching.
We came home tonight and had a little family council. What a difficult thing to tell your children that this time, for sure, Gracie is not coming home. To see the tears on my children's cheeks is almost too much to bear. I knew a long time ago that if Gracie passed away that it would be difficult for Tom and I, but I DREADED dealing with three grieving children. Two mornings ago Max asked me first thing when he woke up, "Mom, how long does MOURNING last?" I told him that it can last a long, long, time. After our meeting tonight Max made Gracie a sign that said "We Love You Gracie" with a big red heart to take with us to the hospital tomorrow. I think she will like it.
So tomorrow is a very dreaded day. The day most parents hope they will never have. The one where they say goodbye to their little one for this lifetime. In the morning, we are going to take the kids up to say goodbye then they will be taken home while Tom and I stay up there for however long we feel we need to.
We have come full circle. The reason I say that is because one week ago we got the call that we thought would change our lives for the better, forever.
It wasn't to be.
Now, we have the chance to donate some of Gracie's organs. Wow, what an experience.
Because of this, we won't get to be with her after her passing like we would want to. Our donor family didn't get to do that either. I envisioned being able to hold her for as long as I wanted to after her passing but you can't do that when you are an organ donor. They will let us be there when she passes but will have to take her immediately to the operating room. I feel like it's the least we can do. We are so grateful for the family that gave our daughter a new chance at life. We hope that Gracie can do that for someone else too.
Thank you for the tremendous outpouring of love and support to our family. We feel the peace that your prayers are bringing into our lives.
WE LOVE YOU GRACIE GIRL!! You have changed our lives for the better and we will strive to live our lives in a way that we can see you again in heaven. You have been a pure blessing, an absolute treasured gift.
508 comments:
1 – 200 of 508 Newer› Newest»Oh, I am aching with your family. I hve been in your shoes. I know what it's like. I am praying for comfort for your family as endure this great amount of pain. Please take care!
What amazing gift Gracie's life has been to so many and what a beautiful way to continue it. May the Lord bless your sweet family. Gracie.....YOUR family is FOREVER!
With Hope, Faith and Love,
Kaidence's Family
I am so sorry. Gracie and your entire family is being thought of!
**hugs**
I am in complete awe at your strength & faith... and so so sorry. I am so grateful you have decided to share your sweet, beautiful Gracie's story & to have followed her amazing life since her birth. I feel such a love for your gorgeous girl & am so sorry for this decision you've had to make. I will be praying for your family & am so grateful you have the knowledge that you will be with her for eternity.
~Love & prayers from Idaho
I am so sorry. Your Gracie girl has touched so many lives and is greatly loved! She will never be forgotten. Her sweet face, her rough journey, her strong spirit will be remembered. Your family will continue to be in our prayers.
xoxo
My heart aches for you & your family! I am so sorry. Gracie has touched so many hearts! My prayers are with you all!
I don't even remember how I came across your blog but your sweet Gracie (and family) has touched my life. I will say a prayer for your family and Gracie tonight. You will have the prayers and thoughts of so many tomorrow.
Words cannot even describe the sadness that has come over me after reading this. I am sooooo sorry. I want to thank you for sharing Gracie's life with all of us. I have learned so much, I really have. My heart aches for you and your sweet children, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am so thankful that we have "forver families" That is truly the best gift ever. You will be in my heart forever, you have made an impact on me that I will never forget. May the comforter be near you always.
I have never met your family but have been moved more than words can say by your love, strength, courage, (and so much more that words can't provide). I have followed your family's journey since before sweet Gracie Girl was born and I hurt physically and emotionally for your whole family tonight as I get into bed.
Gracie Gledhill has touched so many lives. God has a plan for her and your family. I pray harder than I have prayed before for your strength and courage to fight this battle along side your precious little girl.
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
God Bless, Randi and Jon Roatcap
My heart simply aches for your family, tonight. Just know that there is one more family out there praying for you guys tonight and sending you all the love possible this evening. You are all amazing examples of faith and courage. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I go to bed with tears in my eyes. You're in my prayers.
She can and does feel the love and faith you have and really what more valuable lesson is there than that to teach our children. She is blessed to have learned all she needed to in a short amount of time. You are in my prayers.
although our hearts ache for you, our family is praying and thinking of you continually. we will pray for peace, and comfort, and that everything will feel to be as it should.
you are an amazing family, with a beautiful, amazingly courageous and strong little girl. she is an angel, and always will be.
all our love
the andersens
We have been keeping up with Gracie for about a week now. She has truely touched our lives. We have a special place in our hearts for all the heart babies because we too have been down this road with our little Kaiya. It is wonderful to know that you will get to spend the eternities with one so choice. "I know that God loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." 1 Nephi 11:17 We have often stuggled with the why, but know that God loves us.
We will be praying for you and your family to have peace and comfort.
Words cannot express the sadness that I feel for your family...What an impact your sweet baby made on so many lives, she will remain in our hearts forever and we'll always count her as one of Maddie's first "heart sisters". Your strength, wisdom and generosity throughout this trial is one we all admire and could live up to. The decision to have her organs donated is the ultimate way of giving back...may you have a peace-filled day tomorrow, surrounded by the love and care of so many. We love you Gracie Girl and Gledhill family...
All our love & prayers,
Bryan, Katie, Jace, Caden & Maddie Allred
Michele,
I have to tell you that you can never blog enough! We all look forward to your posts, for your lovely writing and in hopes of a sudden miracle. However, miracles are sometimes not what we expect them to be.
I want to personally thank you for giving Gracie a beautiful 11 months on earth and for fighting for her so compassionately until she let you know it was time. I will never forget her story and how it saddened, yet uplifted so many with the true meaning of life.
Please tell Max, Taylor and Callie how we admire them for being the best big brothers and sisters in the whole world!
God surely graced little Gracie with the most loving parents and siblings he could find. Thank you for sharing your little Angel with us and soon with Heaven.
Oh this is heart-breaking. I am/will be praying for you guys constantly tomorrow. I simply cannot imagine the agony you are feeling. May you find peace in the fact that she will no longer be in pain and will witness perfection.
All my love to your family during this time.
My tears continue to flow! All I know to say is I'm SORRY! My prayers are for your family tomorrow. Treaure the time you'll have. Please know how much you're loved and I hope you'll feel that strength.
I am so sorry. I've been pulling for you guys so much.
Steve
I am so heartbroken right now. I pray that tomorrow will be a day of peace for you and your family.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
You, Tom, and the kids are so brave. It will make the kids (and you) stronger in the end but what a terrible thing to have to tell them. My heart is aching and it makes me so sad that we never got to meet Gracie in this life. But thank you for sharing her life with us through the blog. What a wonderful thing to do, to donate her organs and give the gift of life to other babies/kids. I know Gracie is so proud of you guys and will miss you guys so much. She has another work to do - one day we'll know. Hang on tight, we love you. Bye Gracie Girl! See you later....
I can't even imagine what you are going through tonight. Your family is so strong and Gracie Girl will always live within you. I have been so touched by your blog and have learned so much about compassion, patience and the fragility of life. I have thought of you each and every day and can't believe my eyes tonight reading your post. I will pray for you and your family as I go to sleep tonight. I hope you can get through tomorrow knowing that you have tried all you can, that Gracie was lucky to have you. Thank you for sharing your journey with everyone...even those of us who are complete strangers. Stay strong, hug those cute kids of yours and take some time to relax after all of this. Gracie girl-I have never met you but will never forget your journey and the impact it has made on me. Sweet dreams Gracie girl.
I'm so very, very sorry. I have tears steaming down my face and I'm praying for you.
I don't know what to say. I don't have the right words.
I'm so sorry....I have been praying for your family and though I don't know you.My heart aches for you! I will continue to pray for you to be comforted at this time.
I am at a loss for words for your entire family. We were in a very similar situation just last fall when we had to stop our daughter's support. I know that there are no words to make you feel better. Just understand that life goes on. Even when you don't want tomorrow to come, it does. This is the most difficult challenge in the world and I'm sorry that you will be in the company of others who have suffered this loss. Know that God loves you and understands your pain. I have come to this realization after months of greiving. Gracie will live on. Your love for her will never change. Cherish the time you have. I'm so sorry. Please know that we will be praying for your family tonight. May the Lord bless you with peace in this time of heartache. Always try to remember that lives are not lost, they are moved on. Is hard as that is, I know that my angel Brooklyn is watching over me. She is walking with Jesus and anxiously awaiting our return. Again, this might not help much now, but maybe a few months down the road it can. I only hope that when you're ready, you will be able to feel at peace. Please know we care and that we're praying for you all!
To Max,
Thank you for loving Gracie with all your heart.
Thank you for making a wonderful sign to brighten her room and for being the best big brother any little girl could ever ask for.
You are my hero!
i'm a friend of jessie and tally price. when jessie blogged about gracie when she was born, i began keeping tabs are your little miracle and have gained so much from your faith and testimony. you are such a strong family and we have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so. may the lord be with you as you grieve. what a miracle little gracie is, and what a beautiful and valiant life she has and will continue to lead.
ashley
Thank you for sharing your Gracie with me. She and your family has touched my heart forever. I will continue to pray or your comfort especially the kiddos for a very long time. My 7 y.o. said at least we know her mamma wil get to hug her again and never have to say good-bye. Until then I am glad to know Jesus will be holding both you and her.
I am deeply and tremendously sorry for the pain you are facing, all of you. My prayers will continue and thank you, thank you for bringing such a precious gift, a reminder of how we should live every day, letting go of the trivial things and holding fast to the important ones... your whole family is a blessing to all that were blessed to cross her path and yours.
You are an amazing family and I, in this short time of reading your blogs, have grown very fond of you... I would go so far as to say... you are loved by strangers... and friends a like.
May God bless you and hold you close in the days to come... I will continue my prayers for your family endlessly... Sincerely, Livy
I am just another person you don't know, but your sweet little girl blessed my life. What a fighter! I admire your strength and your faith at this difficult time, and I will continue to pray that your family will have peace. What a blessing to know that there is life after this, and you will see your sweet baby again. May the Lord bless you and your family.
Britney Perkins
Thank you for allowing all of us to share in your lives..."YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE" just played as I type...Gracie has been "sunshine" to alot of us this past year...Our prayers are with you and your family...may the memories outway the "mourning"....however both are necessary and sweet. Love from Mesa
You don't know me, but I work with Paul Cardall's wife and found your blog through his. I have only been following for a week or so. But I have been touched forever. You are such strong examples and your testimony is so strong and lifting for all of us to learn from. Thank you. My prayers and fast have been for you and your husband and children to feel peace and know that she is perfect now. May God bless you.
I am so sorry. I've never posted because I found your blog through a friend but have been following it since the beginning. I just think you ought to know how many hearts your little angel touched. I too was hoping this day would never come and admire you all so much for your strength and faith through it all. I've shed a lot of tears reading this post and had a lot of emotions watching your family go through this. Most of all it has given me greater perspective on the Lord's plan for us and the preciousness of my life and the lives of my little ones. I used to work in organ and tissue donation and cannot commend you enough for choosing to donate Gracie's organs. Her life and passing will be great lessons and blessings to many people. I hope your last moments are filled by the presence of the Savior and that you and her will find peace and rest.
The Greatest blessing to know we'll see our loved ones again :) your in our prayers!
<3
The Anderson Family
I came upon your blog by accident and have been following every moment of your family's brave and sad story. What has touched me is your amazing faith and strength in the middle of such heartbreak. Please know how many strangers lives your little one has touched in her short time with you. I wish you all love and support in the days ahead. Her little life was never in vain. So many have learnt so much from her. As a mom of four , my heart goes out to you. Be strong and I wish you peace. This comes all the way from South Africa.
I have come here from Marie's blog ,to tell you you are in my prayers ,I pray the lord will give you strenth ,I admire your desicion to donate Gracie's organs ,God Bless you all ..love Jan xx
I have been following Gracie's story and praying for her since before she was born. I am heartbroken for your loss and will pray for peace and comfort.
We have a family in our church who just recently found out their baby has HLHS. He is due in a few months. They are the Bond family. I know you understand what they are facing.
Thank you for sharing Gracie with us. She has been a blessing.
Kimberly
I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are feeling and how heart broken your family must be. The only thing we can do is pray for comfort and for peace, and that your precious Gracie Girl will bring some light to another little persons life.
God Bless and keep your all.
Sending special prayers and love from South Africa.
You do not know me but I found your blog through a few other people. I have been following along the last week or so. We are praying for you. Your sweet little girls story with continue. My neice passed away in May. Hold on to Jesus and each other. Together you will get through.
With much love and prayers,
~Julie Houston
www.lindsaykeswick.blogspot.com
Yesterday as I was fasting, the thought came to me that in a way I was grateful to be a mother of a baby with CHD. Sounds a little crazy, but I know that it has brought our family closer to Heavenly Father. I have been given the opportunity to meet many new people even if only through a blog, and have had the opportunity to share my testimony that I know that families can be together forever. Heavenly Father loves you and your family. He loves each of us. I am grateful for a Savior who attoned for our sins so that we could return once again back to our Father in Heaven. Though Gracies Heart has been broken she has always been perfect. My heart aches for you at this time. Tears streaming down my face as I write this. What a wonderful and unselfish gift you are going to give by giving Gracie's organs to others. Thank you for sharing her story with our family for we have been touched by her story. May the Savior rap his arms around you this day and the up coming days and weeks. Sending love from one heart family to another.
I check on your blog many times a day, and have been dreading this post!
Gracie is so very loved. I pray for you and your family in this very difficult time.
Kerren
South Africa
I found your blog less than a week ago, but have since checked back several times a day and spent many moments thinking of sweet Gracie and your family. What a precious, precious baby. Your story has truly touched me. The strength and courage you have shown through this journey is incredible. May you feel peace and the love of our Heavenly Father at this difficult time.
Love from Germany
i'm sorry.
we are thinking of you.
we heart gracie.
Precious Gledhill Family~
My heart is grieving with you...Gracie is a very special little girl to everyone who has the priviledge of "knowing" her! I spent a few moments looking back at pictures of Gracie's journey on this blog...the beautiful, special times that you've shared with her are priceless memories. They, with your faith, will sustain you and keep your eyes on Heaven eternally. Your perspective has changed and the things of this earth are, well, just things of this earth...but a piece of you and one of the most treasured will always be safe and protected, waiting for you to join her in eternal Paradise!
As badly as I have hurt and as much pain as I have longing for my daughter, the hardest is watching your other child(ren) grieve. Continue to be honest with them...they are so strong and you will carry each other through the coming days and months.
I am so proud of your decision to bless other children and families with Gracie's body. I wish we had the opportunity. You will be repaid tenfold in your selflessness and gift of hope.
I guess I know another little girl who's getting fancied up to meet one of her precious heart sisters! My heart is broken for you but know this is not the end!
Praying a blessed, sacred day for your family...
I love you~ Rebecca
PS- Just as I was about to hit send, a beautiful blue bird landed on the tree in front of me. These rare birds are gifts and have only shown on special days! It continues to flutter around freely and I am sure it is a symbol of His promise to your family today.
Another family who has been and will continue to pray for yours in the coming days and months. May the peace that passes all understanding be yours today and throughout the days ahead. We are so grateful for your strength and courage Gracie Girl...we love you!
The Diaz Family ~ Karmen, Rodrigo, Joaquin and Ezekiel.
Thoughts and prayers are with you family during this difficult time.
Elaine from MT
your strength will help carry you through this. we are thinking of and praying for you today. we have so loved reading your about your sweet gracie.
god bless.
angie in charlotte, nc
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I am truly without words. Just know that I care.
My heart breaks for you. I actually got a little angry while fasting yesterday. Why didn't her new heart take? Why can't they just give her another one? Couldn't they just try one more time? I guess it's not meant to be. I'm glad you feel at peace with letting her go. I can't imagine how this all must feel. I'm so very sorry for the pain it must bring to let her go. I hope today brings overwhelming love from our Heavenly Father as you say goodbye to your beautiful Gracie. I'm so sad today, and just pray you will do OK over the coming years without her until you see her again. She is truly an Angel, and I'm so glad you were given the last 11 months to know and love her. What a wonderful family she has. I will be praying so hard for you today. Good Luck sweet Gracie Girl. You fought so hard to stay. May you know how many lives you changed on this earth!!! May you watch over your family forever! Thank you again Glehhill family for sharing your Gracie these last 11 months with us.
Oh, how Gracie has blessed my life and changed me for the better also. I am so very sad to hear this news and my heart aches for you and your family.
Prayers and love,
April
As I sit here in tears I am speechless. Just so very sad. It breaks my heart, I cannot even begin to imagine how you and your husband feel. I'm sorry you are going through this, I will continue my prayers for sweet sweet Gracie and your family. Stay strong! God Bless you!
Crystal
(heart mommy)
Tom and Michele,
I am so saddened by the post I have just read. My heart aches for you as well as for Max, Taylor and Callie. There must be many spirits close to sweet Gracie today and I am sure there will be so many angels welcoming her home once she has finished her mission on this earth.
Yesterday while I was getting ready for church I was thinking about Gracie and two thoughts came into my mind, "I am like a star shining brightly, shining for the whole world to see," and " We are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us." Two phrases that we sing and say all through our lives but they had a more significant meaning yesterday when I said them to myself. Gracie has been a star from Heaven in so many lives and she will always shine for your family as well as so many other people. You will always be able to be a little closer to Heaven thanks to GG. I also know that she is a Daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves her and who knows her and her spirit. Thanks for sharing this experience with others and allowing us to feel the love of our Heavenly Father and the love that your family has for one another. Gracie is so loved by many. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers will be with you today and in the future.
I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of your entire family today. I pray that God gives you comfort, peace, and strength as you turn Gracie back over to her Lord. You are and your entire family are amazing. I don't know any of you but I feel so close to you by reading the blog. We love you Sweet Gracie.
I can't remember how or when I came across your blog, but I have checked in on Gracie everyday I think over at least the last 6 months. I smiled when I saw those cute pictures of her at home in her crib, with her siblings so excited to see her. I cried when I saw the photos of all the machines it took to keep her little sweet body going. Earth life was hard for her, but imagine the Heavenly life that awaits her. Sleep in Heavenly peace sweet Gracie! I pray for peace and comfort for you and your dear family.
I can't remember how or when I came across your blog, but I have checked in on Gracie everyday I think over at least the last 6 months. I smiled when I saw those cute pictures of her at home in her crib, with her siblings so excited to see her. I cried when I saw the photos of all the machines it took to keep her little sweet body going. Earth life was hard for her, but imagine the Heavenly life that awaits her. Sleep in Heavenly peace sweet Gracie! I pray for peace and comfort for you and your dear family.
After reading your last post, there is a reverence about today. I will continue to carry a pray in my heart for each of you. May you find peace and comfort this most challenging day. Thank you for sharing Gracie. Her story makes me want to stand a little taller, try a little harder, be a little better. I will always love her and your family even though we've never met.
Gracie and your family are in our thoughts and prayers today!
Michele Csapo and Family
I've been following your blog for about a week now.....and I can tell you, you are one very special family. Nobody should have to go through what yours does... it's just not fair. And I know life isn't, but know your family is in my thoughts and prayers. We heart Gracie.
As I sit here crying, I am grateful to know that families can be together forever. i am so sorry for what your family faces today. Thankyou for your journaling. You are an example and strength to us all. May our Savior comfort all of you this day.
With sincere love, Summer Strickland
Blessings! Connected to your blog through Annabelle's blog.
My prayers are with you today as carry yet another cross in life.
Our Lord will always be there to help you carry it. He is our stronghold. Please know what a precious gift your little Gracie girl has been to those of us who followed her life. God Bless you all. The Tompkins Family
What an amazing little girl you have been given. She has touched so many lives in her short time. And she will continue to bless as she returns to her father in heaven.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing such a sacred time in your life with so many. My testimony has been strengthened.
May you feel peace and love as this experience continues.
Much love
Sending our thoughts and prayers to you this difficult day. We fasted for you yesterday that your family would be comforted.
We pray today that your family will be truly blessed by the atonement. The gift of eternal life and the gift that Christ understands and will offer you peace.
Much love
Tom & Michelle,
We are so sorry that you are having to go through this enormous trail. I can't even begin to understand how you are feeling or what you are going through right now. You are in our prayers, sweet Gracie is in our prayers, and Max, Talor, and Callie are in our prayers!! We will pray that you will feel peace. What an ANGEL Graice is!! She has touched SO many lifes!!!! You have been beautiful examples of faith and hope to us, thank you!! Love you guys!!
As I sit here tears Thank you so much for sharing Gracie's journey with us. She has touched so many lives. It is amazing to me how much Gracie has affected my life and I have never even met her or your family. I am amazed by your strength, courage and faith. I am so so sorry. But I am so grateful for Eternal Families. May you have the peace and comfort that you need in the days to come. We will continue to pray for your sweet family.
The Richard's Family
I'm so, so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby girl. Thank you for your faith expressed in your words about your experiences. It helps others more than you will ever know. What a special family you are, and will remain because of your blessed little Gracie. It will feel like a long time before you can see her again, but what a special little guardian angel you will have for the rest of your mortal journey. And what a testament of your strength to be donating her organs to others. You are so strong, although you may no feel like it right now. I pray that you feel the peace of the Comforter for a long time to come. Although I do not know you, your family will remain in my thoughts today.
Andrea Wilson
What a selfless blessing. I am so sorry. We are just so, so sorry. Words do not begin to express the anguish in our hearts.
Gracie-girl, say hi to our sweet angel babies. They too were valiant spirits like you. You have fought long and hard, and well-done sweet one.
Michelle and Tom~ She will be amazingly close to you through the next few days. Recognize her sweet spirit around, especially before her little body is laid to rest. I still remember the feeling of Ryker's spirit coming into the room after his passing. It was not the little baby or boy that Ryker left the world as, but I could just sense the extraordinary young man he truly was. And I still can recognize when they are close to us now. The feeling is amazing and you will always want to be able to feel it around. They speak to your spirit, and they check in on you to make sure yo are okay. She will be the best guardian angel your family could ask for. And when you pass from this existence, how sweet will the reunion be. It hurts. There will be days where all you will want to do is spend the day mourning her. And that's okay. As long as you remember that tomorrow is another day, and your life sadly will continue on. But she will bless your life immensely. We love you guys, and wish we could do something to ease the pain.
Heart hugs,
Emily and Mike
I am so sorry to hear about what you have gone through, and what you are about to experience. We have been keeping up with your blog for a while now, but never knew what to say. We lost our beautiful daughter, Katie, to HLHS back in November. She was a little under 6 months old.
There are no suitable words of advice. There is nothing we can say to take away the pain. Just know that what you are doing is best for your courageous little girl. If you ever need to talk or vent, or just want to make contact with someone who understands, you can find us at www.katiemanning.wordpress.com
Many prayers and thoughts coming to you from Connecticut today!
-alan & vickie
We heart Gracie.
I just wanted to add my thoughts to those of many others. Gracie has made me a better person. She has made me a better mom and made me appreciate many things that I have taken for granted. It has been a joy to get to "know" your family. Thank you so much for sharing her life with so many. I will never forget her, or the faith of a wonderful family. I know that many people fasted for you yesterday, my family included. I hope you feel the comfort that our Heavenly Father can give. Much love, The Algers
My heart is breaking for you and your family right know! I am so sorry for what you are going through with your darling angel daughter. My prayers all day yesterday was that you and your family would be able to feel some measure of comfort and peace. I truly hope that is that case. You are still in my prayers! I know that Heavenly Father has been by your little Gracie's side every step of the way. He has been holding her close to his heart when you and Tom can't. Take comfort in that even though you wont be able to hold your little one after she goes, that Heavenly Father will be. She will be happy and with out any pain and loved and cherished! Good luck today on the hardest of all days! Good luck on then next several days as you grieve for your angel daughter! You will still be in my prayers! May a legion of angels watch over you and your family during this difficult time!
Caralee Baker and Family!
My heart just aches. I am so so sorry! We faced this dreadful day almost a year ago with Wyatt. I remember praying for your family as Gracie was going to be born and you didn't know what would happen for her. I didn't want anyone else to have to go through what I was going through at the time. I'm so sorry you are having to face this now. I will continue to pray for you and hope blessings and comfort are being poured out upon you, your husband and especially your kids. Oh, it's hard. Again, I'm just so sorry! She is forever yours!
Love,
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy
I pray your family will be comforted at this time of your life. Gracie was such a beautiful baby, and I didn't even know her. My heart breaks for your family, for your other children, but I respect you so much for choosing to give parts of her to other families that are waiting - how unselfish of you. I have firm belief in Families being Forever and I hope that gives you some feeling of peace as you let her go to be with her Heavenly Father - who will protect her and love her while she waits for you. God Bless.
Praying for you. I am so so sorry.
Gledhill family-
Your love for Grace has caused me to kiss, hug, and appreciate my own baby so much more. She has touched my life.
I am sorry for your loss.
Michelle
Grace Gourley's aunt
This is SUCH sad news. I am so sorry for what you are about to loose. So sorry. I pray God will give you all the strength you need, for one another, for your other children, for life! I know He is very near and dreading this just like you are. I am sure Gracie knows how much you tried to give her life. I pray that on the moment you let her go, that God comes in, in enormous ways, that you know in that instant He is there, catching you both.
Sending all our love to the Gledhill family... You are in our prayers-- The Halls
Thank you for sharing your incredible example with us through this whole journey. She IS a miracle. It is amazing to see how she has touched and changed so many lives within her lifetime. I am grateful to have been able to have a sneek peak along the way. I am grateful for the lessons of sacrifice, service, humility, love and obedience your family has shared with mine. May you have increased strength and comfort. You have a whole army praying for you here. I can only imagine the army bouying you up in heaven.
Thank you,
Gina
You have our deepest sympathies in your time of grief.
I started reading your blog when Diane showed it to me right after Gracie was born. I have been amazed at your strength during this whole ordeal. The only thing that I can say to you now is..don't feel like you have to be strong right now. Allow yourselves to grieve and to fall apart if you need to. You deserve to feel every emotion that you feel. Let the rest of the people around you be strong for you until you are ready. It's obvious that there are many people who love you and have grown to love your family. You have a huge army around you to help hold you up-until you are ready to stand on your own again. I would dare to say that most of us following your blog will be sad to see it end. I hope you allow us to continue to be a part of your blogging world in some way or another.
Love,
Kristen Clegg
What a blessing this little girl has been. Not only to those who knew her personally but even those who didn't. We can all learn strength and perserverance from her. Knowing you and your family personally we have seen the hand of the Lord in your lives this past year. We pray for your comfort and your childrens at this difficult time.
What a blessing to also give life to someone else. My dad was the reciepient of a kidney. Which gave him 10 more years of life. I am grateful still for the individual that gave to our family. You will be blessed. We love you.
Sending much love, prayers and strength from a perfect stranger, in hopes that you can feel bouyed up and carried through on the backs of many as you navigate through this difficult and tender time. We have all been changed by Gracie and thank you for sharing her with all of us through this blog.
With deepest sympathy and a firm faith in eternal families,
Katie
I am so so sorry that you have to be going through this. It just breaks my heart imagining anyone having to lose a child. I've never met Gracie but I've followed your blog since day one and have been rooting for her all the way. I know that hearing about Gracie's story has made me not take my own daughter's health for granted and I've been making sure I give her extra hugs & kisses every day. I've so been hoping that Gracie would pull through by some miracle. I'm glad you've made the decision to donate some of her organs, you'll always know that Gracie helped someone else live!
My thoughts and prayers are with your family today. I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but thank you for sharing your tender experience with strangers. It makes me want to hold my baby and love her more.
I found your blog about a year ago through another Heart baby blog and have followed Gracie's story since then. I am so sorry for the hard things you have been through and feel a special reverence for this most difficult day in your lives. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers today and in the days to come. Thank you for sharing her with all of us.
I'm so sorry. Your little Grace is an amazing fighter. She will continue to be with your family as your guardian angel.
Bless your family for being kind enough to help others. What a priceless gift. Truly priceless.
My prayers are with you and your family. I pray the Spirit will be with you and your family.
I don't know what to say, you don't even know me as is with so many of us here on your comments. I've had my day at PCMC. My tears are flowing freely for you and your family and your little Gracie. The music on your blog by Paul C. doesn't help things either. I've followed Gracie for a while now, but never commented. I too lost my sweet little angel Mia to a horrible disease. She died at 15 months of age. My heart hurts for the days and weeks ahead of you. My two children still grieve for their little sister. I'm also sorry for your other kids. What an experience you have been through. You are so amazingly unselfish as you donate Gracie's organs. May the Lord be with you as you go from one trial to another. My love and prayers today as you say goodbye. Love, Nicole Holland - Angel Mia's mom ^i^
Dear Gledhil family,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet little girl. I just want you to know that I have had you in my prayers ever since I had started reading about Gracie. I will pray for God to be with all of you during the difficult days ahead and I know that Angel Gracie will be looking down on you from heaven safe in the arms of Jesus. Sending you love and support from White Rock, SC.
Laura Conrad (Angel Annabelle's Aunt Laura)
My heart aches for your family. I am crying right now. If anyone were to walk by my desk right now they might think I was crazy. If they only knew. Gracie has touched my life and the lives of my family in her short 11 months. Any you all, your amazing family has been such an awesome testimony builder to me. I know that you will, but kiss that sweet girl for us. She is one LOVED baby girl and I can only imagine what a celebration they will be having to welcome her "home". I hope this is not the end of our blogging friendship. You guys are part of my life that I will never forget. I cannot thank you enough for sharing this amazing story with me and with the world.
My thoughts an prayers are with you still. I love you Gracie!!
Dear Gledhill family,
I have followed your story from the beginning of Sweet Gracie's journey. I am so grateful to have known her, through your blog. We fasted for her and your family yesterday. I am so sad that things did not turn out as you had hoped. I pray that as this day comes and leaves, that you and your children will have peace. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will be holding you up and holding Gracie. I do not know you, but I feel a closeness to you as a spirit daughter of God. My prayers will continue to be with you and your family as you go through this time. God Speed Gracie!
Aunt Michele and Tom: I am very sad that Gracie is going to die, it is very very sad. I'm so so so sorry, so much. I love Gracie so much. Don't worry everything will be fine. She'll be in Heaven with Jesus and Heavenly Father.
Love,
Brooklyn
(age 5)
Baby Gracie. Sweet little girl. You've taught me a tremendous amount of lessons since you came into this world. I see your face and I see a girl who fights so hard for what she wants, takes challenging roads but beats the odds inspite of the difficulty. Your Heavenly Father is so proud of your journey here on earth and He is joyful to receive home, one of his stalwart children. I can't wait to meet you when the time comes and see what an amazing person you truly are and thank you for this mortal experience you've provided for me and my son, Talmage. He loves you very much and dearly wanted you to stay here on earth but now too, is happy that you will be with the ONE person who LOVES you most!
My heart is breaking for your family. I cried all the way through this post. I am terribly saddened by the news of you having to say good-bye to Gracie girl. Your strength and faith in God during this difficult time is inspiring. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Also, thank you for your kindness in being a donor family. You will be helping out so many people who are in situations similar to yours. God bless you for making that difficult decision.
We are so sorry to hear that today will be such a difficult day for your family. We have treasured your experiences and the spirit that has come into our home through Gracie's life and this precious journal of your experiences. Her time here on earth feels so short, but she has touched SO many lives and made them better. I don't doubt that her time here allowed her to fulfill her special mission and learn to overcome great challenges. We love you all and pray you have the strength and comfort you need to get through this most difficult of days. Goodbye Gracie Girl. Thanks for being our angel on earth!
I will pray for you today..and the knowledge that Gracie will live on through organ donation, must be so comforting. You are giving the greatest gift one can give someone else....the gift of life. We don't know why we have been sent here, only God knows that for sure, but Gracie has completed her journey to this earthly home and now can go back to her Heavenly home.
LOL
About a year ago I ran upon this beautiful babies blog who shared the same birthday with my husband. Even though I do not know you I have checked in on Gracie nearly everyday for the last year. Thanks for sharing such an angel with us. Through this most difficult time in your life don't you realize how blessed we are with the knowledge of Eternal Families, although my heart aches so badly for you and your family you also feel like rejoicing because you know little Gracie is going to be made hole again and that next time you see her you will see your little Gracie girl pain free. Thank you once again for sharing with us, I hope that you will continue updating us on how your darling little family is doing. We are all thinking of you and praying for you at this time. Courtney
I can not imagine what you are going through right now but isn't it wonderful that our Savior KNOWS YOU, knows what heart ache you are feeling and that He loves you and will be there to comfort you and your family! Gracie will be home and whole with her loving Heavenly Father and someday you can live with your beautiful Gracie girl again! Our prayers are with you!
Sweet Gledhill Family
I am thinking of you and your beautiful children this very difficult day. I am also thinking of how HAPPY, HEALHTY, and ANGELIC Gracie will be!! I am aching for you and am absolutely in awe over how many people your sweet Gracie girl has touched. May you have the comforting peace of the spirit during this most difficult time.
Lots of LOVE!!
We are so sorry! We have come to love your precious Gracie! We will continue to keep your family in our prayers!
Chris and Cami Lindquist
I pray for comfort for your family through this trying time. Yesterday we remembered your family during our fast and our little girls even fasted for Little Gracie. Thank you for sharing her life with us.
We are deeply saddened for you and your family. Gracie will forever be in our hearts! We pray that you will feel comfort and peace in the days to come.
With much LOVE!
The Pettit's
(Teagan's Aunt and Uncle)
I came across your blog through a friend and have been following the journey of you and your sweet baby girl for many months. Your family has touched my family. Thank you! Our prayers are with you.
-The Bennett's
Yesterday as I was getting ready for church the song "In This Very Room" came on the radio. I had this surreal feeling of seeing your family gathered around Gracie's bedside as I listened to the words. I can't quote them exactly right,but I'm sure you know the song.
In this very room there's quite enough hope for one like me.
In this very room there's quite enough love for all of us.
For Jesus, Lord Jesus, is in this very room.
That is true and has been true all along, but it most especially resounds for me today. We all love your sweet girl so much. It is so sad to see her go, but what a wonderful reunion awaits her in heaven. I can almost hear our Father telling her, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." She has done everything she needed to do here and has changed so many lives. What a strong and perfect little girl.
Prayers of peace and comfort for your family. Especially your sweet children. We love you all.
I am so so sorry. This is not the news I ever expected to hear. I just always thought that "Miracle Gracie" would make it through just about anything, since she has so far. My heart aches for you, Tom and the kids. I cannot imagine what the next part of this journey will be like for you. Please know that I will be here for you in any way. I love you guys. And sweet Gracie too. I will be forever grateful for knowing her and feeling of her sweet spirit here on earth. What an angel. What a blessing.
I have never met you or your family but you have touched my life. You have strengthened my spirit and faith. My heart literally aches for you and your family this day. I am grateful for your blog and your journal writing, through your words you have listed the ups and downs, highs and lows of your wonderful life with Gracie. But you have also let people see into your thoughts, fears and faith. I will be praying for you today and in the hard days to come.
We heart Gracie.
Danielle and Carlos
It's hard to write when you are crying. My heart is just pounding after reading this. I am in complete awe of the love and spirit that came from your words. Gracie is the greatest teacher I have ever had without ever speaking a word. I have witnessed the most perfect love I've ever seen in my life. Gracie will NEVER be forgotten!!! And Michele...because you were wise enough to write down this beautiful story, Gracie will continue to change lives for so much longer. I am praying hard for you and Tom and your sweet children today. What a blessing Gracie Girl has been in my life and in the lives of my family! Thank you Gracie!!!
Love and Prayers
Natalie
We are so sorry that your family has to go through this. Our family is praying that you al have peace and comfort and the Lord's hand holding yours as you say good-bye to your sweet Gracie Girl.
We are mourning with you today. We have been watching Gracie's blog since she was born. What an amazing girl! Phil asks me almost every day how she is doing. You guys have been amazing. Thank you for sharing your story with us. We will continue to pray for your sweet family.
My heart aches for you. I am truly sorry for your loss and in awe at the example to are setting. I have a testimony of organ donation. You will be in our prayers this day and in the days to come.
My heart absolutely aches for each of you, but I know that the Lord is with each of you at this very difficult time. Following Gracie's story, her strength, your strength and courage, has taught me so much about love, life and faith. This blog has been amazing, and your strength in words and sharing has been inspirational. WE HEART GRACIE!!!! God bless each of you. We will keep you all in our continued prayers.
The Aune Family
I found your blog through Mimi. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation. I know probably doesn't bring much comfort now but to know that little Gracie will continue to live after this life and that you will be able to raise her... such a blessing. She is a beautiful little girl... born just a few days after my first. She will be loved and held closely by those who have gone on before her. And perhaps she will meet and befriend the little baby whose heart attempted to save her own life. Much love to you all!
We are so deeply saddened by your loss. We are members of Intermountain Healing Hearts and have followed your story. Thank you for sharing it with us, and for allowing us to take part in Gracie's amazing life!
You are an amazing family that has been through unbelievably hard times. Your testimonies and faith have taught each of us. We pray for our Heavenly Fathers Spirit to be with each of you through your time of grieving. Gracie is, as always, surrounded by sweet angels who are caring for her. May you find peace in that and may God bless you!
Gary, Camille, Sam and Alex (DILV, ASD, VSD, LTGA) Hood
Oh I'm so sorry. Bye sweet baby girl. So glad your parents will get to see you again and raise later. I heart baby Gracie. My prayers are with you, her family.
Words cannot express what we are feeling as we have read these words. May God bless you as you and your family go through this very difficult time.
There is no way to express how sorry I am for your family and for Gracie. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I pray that you experience a peace that can only come from God in the days to come. Harry
My heart aches so much for you. I am just sobbing. I am just a stranger who has read your blog from the beginning and has prayed a lot for your family over the past 11 months. I hoped this day would never come. Know that Heavenly Father is with you and will watch over Gracie until the day you can hold her again. Thank you for your inspiration and for sharing your story. You are continually in my prayers.
Oh my, I am in tears. I don't even have words to say, but I will continue to pray for your family as you let go of your sweet Gracie. What a blessing she has been in not only your lives, but the lives of so many others. May you continue to feel peace and the love of our Savior as he takes Gracie home.
I am another one that you don't know. I have been following Gracie for the past few weeks. I have fallen in love with her. I hope to be a better mother after learning about her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
I am at a loss for words but will forever be touched by Gracie. I will never forget her, or you, her family, for that matter. Thoughts, prayers, all our love is being sent your way.
My heart is broken. All I can say is I am so sorry you have to feel the pain of loosing a child. My parents too had to experience loosing a 14 month baby years ago. Others out there sadly know what you are going through and you are not alone. I'm sorry your children have to heal from the loss of a sibling. I don't think anything could be harder. Thank you Gracie, Tom, and Michele for sharing your amazing journey with us. Gracie has touched the lives of everyone who has heard her story forever. I think we all fell in love with her in our own way. We will never forget this beautiful girl who we never met. She will always be remembered.
Love,
Courtney Alvord
I came across your blog from two friends. You and your family have shown such love, faith, and strength through this trying time. These heart babies are so strong, such fighters for what they have to go through.
I am truly saddened today by the passing of your Gracie girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Thank you for sharing Gracie with us.
I don't remember how I came across your blog, but I feel blessed to have been able to read about your strength, courage, love, patience and faith. I have had you and will continue to have your family in my prayers. What a wonderful example you are to so many who might struggle with the loss of a loved one with your testimony of Eternal Families. Heavenly Father shurley has blessed Gracie with wonderful loving parents. My prayers are with you.
What an amazing little girl you have. A true hero, You guys are so strong and isnt it great to know you can see her again and you are an eternal family. What an amazing gift Gracie Girl was in this short time here on earth. You should be very proud parents to have such a sweet, special pure little girl. We are praying for you and have grown to love Gracie through the blog. Thank you for sharing her story, it has made me re-evaluate and realize just how precious life is.Thank you Gracie, for changing my life and helping me be a better mother.
Brielle
St. George Ut
I am sending a prayer to heaven on your behalf right now...I have been so unbelievably inspired by Gracie's strength and courage, by your strength and courage...Thank you for sharing your story with us, from beginning to, well, another beginning....what a blessing to have forever families, a knowledge that is taking on new meaning for you now. It's amazing to feel such love for people that I have never met. I hope you will be comforted and given peace and strength this day.
I feel like I cannot deal with this.
I love Gracie too much.
My heart is broken. I'm so sorry.
I have been following Gracie's story from the beginning and have admired your strength and faith in the Lord. There are no words, just know that you and your family are in our prayers. We Heart Gracie!
Timothy has been praying for his friend Gracie (Gwaycee, as he calls her). We admire your courage, strength, and generosity in this time of trial. Our hearts and prayers are with all of you. With love, Jeff and Kathy Shumway and family.
My husband and I are both praying and crying for your family right now. The moment a heart baby, or Down Syndrome baby or any other baby with health problems are born, the first question revolves around how long you will have them with you on this earth...we often wonder that as well, every day. So blessed to have such a valiant little girl for 11 months, so sorry the 11 months weren't longer. Thank goodness for Eternal Families, that's what we hold onto at times like these...our prayers are with your eternal family at this time.
(IHH)
There are no words, but please know I am so sorry. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the miraculous gift it is in our lives. I am so thankful that your sweet little family can be eternal. It doesn't take away the pain, but it does bring some comfort. We are praying for your family.
Praying for you today and in the weeks to come.
We heart Gracie!
We are thinking about you at this hard time. Thank you for sharing her with us!
Liz and Thom Hall
I have been reading Gracie's story from the beginning and she has touched my heart in many ways! I'm so sorry for your loss! Gracie is one beautiful strong little girl!
I'm sad to turn on my computer and see this today. We feel for you. I hope that knowing how much Gracie's life has touched so many people will be of some sort of comfort to you right now. Thank you so much for sharing this. I feel like I want to be a better mother because of your example. I will miss seeing photos of Gracie. There is just something about those eyes of hers that pull me in. She is a little touch of heaven on earth!
With tears in my eyes I send you love and prayers. I can't imagine the journey that you have had to face and you have done it with grace from your Gracie girl. She will forever be with you and watching over you!!! Lots of hugs and tears!
I have been following your blog for a long time and wanted to let you know that your family is in my prayers.
I can't imagine what you are going through, but the Lord is sweet and He will carry you through.
I have been a silent watcher of your blog for a few months now. You don't know me but I have a small son the same age as Gracie and it absolutely kills me to see what you are having to go through. I can never express the emotions in my heart right now. I am heartbroken that Gracie can't stay. I pray for you to have strength and to be able to endure to the end... in two ways, so that you can have her again with you. You all (you, your husband and kids) have been so inspiring to me. Thank you so much for posting about this for others to see.
Sending my love and prayers your way. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I have been so touched by your sweet spirit, and your faith in our Heavenly Father's plan.
Thank you again for sharing your sweet Gracie with us!
God bless you and your sweet family.
Jaci Langheinrich
Thank you for sharing your sweet baby and family with us during this difficult time. Your trial has truly been a blessing to many, including myself. Your family will continue to be in our constant thoughts and prayers.
Love, Kim
I have already commented today, but I am just in tears right now. Looking at Gracie's beautiful picture and listening to I Am A Child of God by Paul Cardell. It's just too much. Gracie is a true daughter of God. The light of Christ shines through her most beautiful eyes. I'm just so sad that you have to say goodbye to her when just last week your hearts had been filled with so much hope. I pray her Spirit can be with you for awhile after she leaves so you can feel her near. Prayers are so with you today as you do the hardest thing in this life, say goodbye to the sweetest little Hero!!!! Goodbye Gracie Girl. You have touched my heart.
I have no words that will comfort but you are all in our prayers. May you find peace in this difficult time. We fasted and prayed that your whole family can find peace and comfort amidst your grief.
When our baby boy died nothing could take the pain away but knowing others cared did help.
I hope that knowing so many care will help you too. In time the pain will lessen and be replaced by the sweet memories that you have.
I try to live worthy to be with our Lyle again. I know you will do the same. Thank goodness we have the gospel and know our children are sealed to us for all eternity.
If possible I hope you will share her funeral with us. I know that many of us wish that we could attend. I don't know your address to send a card but I would if I could. I have truly come to love your family over these past 11 months.
May God bless you all. With love, Lura
Oh, I am so sorry! My heart aches for your family during this difficult time. I have been praying for your family and will continue to do so in hopes that you will feel comfort in the difficult weeks and months ahead.
I have been following Gracie's story religiously since she was born and I have to believe that Gracie fulfilled the mission she was put on this earth to do. She has had an astounding impact on the lives of so many people during her short time on this earth. I do not know your family personally, but I find myself deeply saddened and crying right now. I am constantly in awe of your family and your amazing faith in the Lord's plan for all of you. I know that nothing anybody can say right now will ease the pain you are feeling and will feel for some time to come, but I know that when my dad passed away quite young, I took comfort knowing that God has a very special plan for him up in heaven and that we will without a doubt see him again. What an amazing day that will be. It is very apparent that God has a very special plan for Gracie, and hopefully you can focus on this as well during your times of deepest sorrow.
Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us. I have learned so much about love, compassion, faith, and patience from your family and from Gracie. Our thoughts and prayers will be with your family.
Thank you so much for sharing sweet Gracie with us and your amazing family. Gracie has been the strongest fighter I have ever known (well I really have never met her but I feel strongly saying I know her in my heart!) You are a strong amazing family My love and saddness go out to you, Tom and your strong children. Gracie will always be remembered by many many peoples hearts. Thank you again you have touched my families heart.
We love you Gracie!!
Tears are running down my face. We were cheering along with you when Gracie got her new heart and now we grieve with you. And I am awestruck with your strength, to give another family more time with their child you sacrifice your own time. I wish there were words I could say to ease your pain, but we will be praying that God will hold you all in His arms and soothe you with the peace that only he can bring.
God bless you and your beautiful Grace.
The Kurz Family
May the Lord's comforting spirit be with you and your family today. Gracie's story has touched many lives, and her legacy will continue to live on through the children she will be able to help through your selfless choice to donate her organs. Thank you for allowing me, a total stranger, to be forever changed by your beautiful little angel.
So very, very sorry. I will be praying for your family today. Thank you for allowing so many of us to follow Gracie's story through this blog. She has made an impact on many people.
God bless.
I have been following your blog for awhile and have been so touched by your sweet Gracie and your family. You have been such an example to me of faith, love, and trust in the Lord. My heart is breaking for you and I have shed many tears for your sweet family. I pray that your family will continue to feel peace and comfort. Thank you for sharing your amazing story and sweet baby girl with us. She will never be forgotten.
I have no words. I am in tears and my heart is sad. Gracie will always be Owen's "heart sister"! We love you Gracie Girl. You are going to be an angel now and your body will be perfect. No more suffering. You lived a beautiful 11 months and we are grateful to have known you.. if only through blogs and emails.
Michele and Tom, I don't have the words to make it any better. I dont know how it feels. I am scared to death of losing Owen every single day. Life is precious.
We're praying for you today and always.
Andrea
I can't tell you how my heart aches for you and your family. I know we don't know each other, but I truly pray for the peace of our Father in Heaven to comfort your family in this hard time. I'm so sorry....God bless you and your sweet angel girl.
I am from Canada and have never met your family, but was referred to your blog and I have been inspired by your faith and strength. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for the loss of your little girl and that you are in our family's prayers. We hope that you will be blessed with that peace that only the Comforter and sure knowledge that families are forever can bring, and that you and your children will feel of Heavenly Father's love for you and for Gracie. God bless you all at this most difficult time.
Dear Gledhill family,
My heart is full of sorrow for you all. At the same time, I feel so blessed to have witnessed such love, faith, and courage over the past 11 months. Gracie is a fighter - and she will continue to be so, but in a different way, and with an eternal strength.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to have Gracie be a part of my life. Checking this blog has - at many times throughout her life - been a 10-times-daily habit of mine. I have grown to care so much for her, for all of you.
You have inspired so many to never lose faith. Even now as you know your prayers have not been answered in the way you would have wanted them to, your faith is steady, your submission to the Father's will so powerful an example to us all.
When my niece Grace Andersen was waiting for a new heart, I found it so difficult to pray . . . unsure of my words . . . knowing that what I asked for - the availability of a heart for Grace - would mean the death of another child. Then I had the distinct impression come over me that children return to Heavenly Father every day - as part of His plan. So what I needed to ask for was that a child's parents would have the strength and courage to think of someone else during their very darkest hour, that they would be inspired to donate their child's organs.
And this is what you have done. You have chosen to think of others in your lowest hour - to give another child a second chance at life. "Greater love hath no man . . . "
Thank you so much for sharing your sweet Gracie with all of us. My prayers will continue for you, especially today, and throughout the coming week.
Amy Finnegan
Oh..I cannot even imagine the emotions you are feeling. Please know that we are praying for you, your husband and your children...that you will have peace, comfort, and strength to deal with the loss of Gracie.
And also for those who are close to your family...and those who have cared for Gracie at the Hospital...so many people will be grieving for her...How neat it is that you are giving the chance of a new life to others through organ donation....what a neat way for a part of Gracie to live on :)
(((HUGS)))
Karen
I feel so bad for your family right now, I don't know what else to do besides pray. I know Heavenly Father will bless your family with peace and comfort, especially the kids. The only other thing I can offer is a new blanket, the one with hearts, I wolud love to give that to her. If you would like it please let me know, I don't want to step on any toes so if you would like it let me know and I would be happy to bring it to you. I love your family and will remember Gracie and your family always.
FROM HERE TO ETERNITY YOUR FAMILY WILL BE!
I'm so sorry that little Gracie's heart has not gotten stronger. I admire your family and especially your true little angel Gracie for showing us all how to endure to the end and for giving you a little piece of heaven to hold on to for almost a year. Our family has fasted and prayed for you all. May you all be blessed with peace and comfort.
Love,
Kris Baker
you don't know me but I was reading your blog (heard about it from a second cousin). Anyway I just wanted to tell you I am sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you all. You guys have been through a lot. You are an inspiration to me!
like most on here, you dont know me. BUT WOW you have changed my life. 1st, what a beautiful little girl. I bet that face is kissed a ton durning the day!
I know this has to be such a hard time, my heart breaks for you. Yesterday I fasted for you and your family to fell the peace you need at this time.
The great thing is you WILL see her again. Can you imgaine if we DIDNT know that?? Although, im sure that dosent make things easier now.
You guys are wonderful to be so selfless and donate her organs. im sure you want to hold her after she passes, but you will be blessed for what you are doing.
you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers
The drive and hope that your family have created. Will have a long lasting effect on my family for generations to come. The ability to see life's blessings is easier as you watch what goes on in others lives. We pray for you and love you as though we knew you.. Our Heavenly Fathers plan is a plan of mercy through the atonement of the Savior. He will bless you in these coming weeks and years, turn to him and let him carry you through this time.
With much Love
The Phelps
Thank you for all your family has taught us about love!
Thank you for sharing your sweet Gracie with us. She has forever changed us, touched our hearts. I admire the gift you are giving by donating her organs. I admire your strength and your faith. My heart goes out to your entire family. I pray that you will all be lifted up and comforted.
One of the many strangers who are mourning with you,
Nicole
Like so many others I came across this blog by accident about ten months ago. I have followed it ever since. You have truly inspired me as you have loved and cared for your Gracie girl. Six years ago I had to watch my baby boys heart stop and let him go to be with his Father in Heaven. The thing that has got me through, and I know it will you, is the knowledge that families are FOREVER. You have a perfect little girl, who you don't have to worry about. When the time comes you will be able to just enjoy her. What a wonderful blessing! Please know you have been and will continue to be in my prayers.
Jessica Wynkoop
I would like to leave my deepest sympathies with you and your family. I work at a restaurant in Bellingham,WA and have been waiting on some relatives of yours for quite some time. Just last Sunday, by chance we happen upon the topic of heart defects, my son has CHD. They shared with me Gracie' story, and I have been a faithful reader ever since. My heart aches for you, your family and your sweet Gracie. She has touched my life and I will always continue to pray for your family. Thank you for sharing her with us, her strength and courage are humbling. Our thoughts are with you.
Carrie
“Joseph Smith declared that the mother who laid down her little child,
being deprived of the privilege, the joy, and the satisfaction of bringing it up to manhood or womanhood in this world,
would, after the resurrection,
have all the joy, satisfaction, and pleasure,
and even more
than it would have been possible to have had in mortality,
in seeing her child grow to the full measure of the stature of its spirit”
(Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine).
We have come to love Gracie and your family. We pray that you will feel the Savior's love and the love of so many friends, family and strangers that hold you in their hearts this day and the days to come.
Oh, to think that soon Gracie will be getting a hug from Jesus! What a sweet reunion that will be and even sweeter when the time comes for your family to be together and whole again and you to have the chance to raise that beautiful daughter. Heavenly Father knew what a precious gift Gracie was and that the world would be touched by her sweet spirit, so much that she need not go through the different trials we have to, but to be a shining example in her short time and trials here.
May you have the comfort you need to make it throught the coming minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years, and may you feel our Savior's love surrounding your dear, sweet family. You truly are a shining example. I know Gracie will be watching over your family.
Gracie's spirit must be really special. In the beginning I felt like Heavenly Father wanted her back home but because of everyone's faith and prayers He allowed her to stay for a little while. She must have great work to do on the other side. The principle of families being together forever I'm sure must even be more tangible now than ever before. We are praying for comfort for your family.
What a marvelous life and mission Gracie has completed here on earth. A mission that will continue onward as your blog, associations and her life and heart will continue to turn and uplift others toward Christ as well as bring others new life. It is certain that her short life will have an everlasting impact on all that knew her or her story. I know that Heavenly Father and innumerable angels await her arrival. I know that she will continue to impact countless lives on the other side of the veil. Thank you for sharing her life with my family. She and your family has made us better, more Christ-centered people. We pray that your family is filled with peace, eternal hope and comfort during this difficult time!
Praying for your family!!!
Just to add to the mountain of comments my most humble and sincere, heartfelt "I'm sorry" and to thank you for sharing your story and the wonderful story of Gracie. You know, you are changing and saving lives here. Gracie's life has done wonderful things her short time here and her legacy will surely live on for ages...
Love to you and prayers for peace, comfort, solace in each other.
Your story has been an inspiration to me, as I prepare for this journey when my baby is born on Tuesday. I am deeply saddened and will mourn along with you and your beautiful family. We have been praying for you and know that you will find the comfort you need from you loving father in heaven. I know you will forward to the day when Gracie will run into your arms. I know we have never met, but we love you and know that your journey has helped us to be comforted. Much love, The Hallows
This post took me right back to the day we turned off the life support machines to my little girl. I too have three grieving children to help through this. Somehow, they gave me strength to make it through those early days after my Camille's passing. In our shared tears and grief we found a closeness and sweetness that has lasted these last 8 months.
It is hard on the kids, but it seems and from those adults I have talked to who lost siblings, it is not the same depth of grief as losing a child.
I know the spirit will attend you and your family in a profound way as you make this most difficult transition. My heart goes out to you.
When my daughter was on life support, my friend's niece "Grace" was in the same hospital as your daughter with the same condition, also waiting a heart transplant. I wanted to much to be able to donate Camille's organs in hopes that it would save some other mother from this road. Unfortunately, donation was not an option for us other than to give her heart valves after she passed. I am glad you will be able to donate.
Love to you,
Stephanie Waite
www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com
I hope today is sacred and filled to the brim with the spirit, as I have heard it has been for others. You are an example to so many.. We'll be praying today and in the days that follow for your family. So many tears will be shed with you today.. I'm so sorry she has to leave so soon. She will be greeting with awe and praise on the other side. What an incredible blessing and legacy she has left us here. She is absolutley amazing!
Mark Schultz has a song called "He's My Son". I kept hearing it on "Soft Sunday Sounds" yesterday and even though it's about a boy, it made me think of Gracie every time. They have it on "playlist.com" (although someone misspelled his last name "Shultz").
Hello,
I don't remember how I came across your blog, but have been reading it for a few months now. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your family. I believe you'll be together as a family for all eternity in the next life. Oh what a happy time that will be.
Dear Gracie,
I love you.
Love,
Jackson
I have been fasting and praying for your family. May the Lord continue to bless you through this journey.
My Dearest Daughter Michele,
With tears running down my cheeks, I want to express my love for you and Tom. Thank you seems too weak of a word to discribe the the gratitute for giving us such a beautiful granddaughter who we decibe as a little piece of Heaven. We have enjoyed every minute with Gracie Jean, thank you.
Thank you for months of pumped breast milk, giving Gracie shots, milk and medicines through a tube, cleaning spit up many times a day, dressing incisions, admisitering oxygen, and sleeping by her side every night, so you could hear if she throws up and asperates into her lungs, just to name a few. Thank you.
What I will hold most dear to my heart is the sound of your sweet excited voice when Gracie would wake up, "Hello Pretty Girl!" "How is my Pretty Girl today!"
I am so proud of you; your strangth, courage, love, devotion and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you very much.
Thank you my sweet daughter.
Love,
Mom
xoxo
Tom and Michele,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU for letting me a part of yours and Gracie's life. This past year will be a time that I will hold close to my heart forever. I read this last night when you first published it, but I was just too sad to comment. What a sacred experience it was to be able to say goodbye to Gracie last night at the hospital. Words cannot express the emotions that I felt. Again, thank you for letting me come. I woke up with a crying headache. I can't even imagine how hard this day will be for you and the kids. I will be praying non stop for you to be feel peace and comfort. I will miss the peaceful feeling that I had whenever I was around her. What a blessing and privilege it has been to be touched by your sweet Gracie. What amazing parents you are to have the blessing of giving birth to a valiant angel who was just too precious and too perfect to have to spend another day on this earth. I grieve for you and the heartaches that will be left behind, but not for her. I smile as I picture her twirling around and laughing and singing and being the center of attention in Heaven. I envision the celebrations that will be happening as she is welcomed "home" and shouts of "Gracie's back!" echo through the Heavens. I also rejoice in the thought of several families who will be receiving their "miracle" phone call soon. One day we will fully understand exactly what Gracie's life did to thousands of people. Her story will never end.
Oh Gracie, how much I have loved you. I will miss you terribly. Thank you for blessing my life and for helping me remember what is truly important. Thank you for being so courageous, so strong, and so valiant. I will carry your shining example with me forever. I hope to be worthy to see you again someday. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
She has changed so many of us in her short time on this earth. I have been following her story since birth & love your sweet baby girl & obviously I'm not alone!
I pray that you will feel the Comforter at this time, stronger than ever before & that He will lift you. I also pray for your other children as I can imagine that would be one of the more difficult parts of this.
Thank you for sharing Gracie with all of us. I feel like I got to know her a little bit even though we've never met.
My heart aches for you and I know there are no words I can say right now except I am so sorry for your family and I will pray for you all. My friend's son Maddox went to be with Jesus in November. He too had a heart transplant the month prior and was doing well. He was supposed to be home for Christmas but passed away during a routine minor procedure. They found out he was in major organ rejection and they never got to say goodbye since he was so normal when they wheeled him away. His second birthday was a few weeks ago and we all miss him terribly. Ever since she was told he had HLHS while she was pregnant HLHS has been an extremely important learning experience for me. Before he was diagnosed I had never heard of it but I read so many blogs about it that.....it just makes me ache. I say all of this to say HLHS and other heart babies own a VERY SPECIAL place in my heart. It amazes with all that they go through that they always wear a smile and seem to be some of happiest babies I have ever seen. Thank you from all of us for journaling her journey ~ it is both awe inspiring and a treasure for you to hold on to! Your family is in my prayers and may God bring you peace that passes all understanding!
Praying for your family during this difficult time. May God give you strength & peace to make it through this part of your journey.
Tom and Michele,
I have been in such denial thinking she's our miracle girl-- forgetting, everything about her is a miracle! She shown everyone modern day miracles exsist and our faith in God has been strenthened. What an honor for you to have been chosen to have such an angel in your family. You will be so blessed for way you have endured this trial. You have been an example to us all.
My heart is breaking for your sweet children...they will always have a special place in their hearts for their sweet baby sister.
We will be praying for you today, tomorrow and in the months to come that you will be blessed with peace,comfort and strength.
Our deepest sympathy,
The Blackham family
As you can see from all of the comments, in Gracie's short life she touched many people and truly served a great mission in teaching about faith, love, and the great plan of happiness. May your family feel peace and the love of the Savior at this time. May you also feel the assurance that you will be together again forever.
Love,
The Williamson Family
(friends of Alex and Kaidence)
Your faith and courage during this time of trial is truly inspirational. Your love is truly selfless. What a blessing you are to your children and all others with whom you've come in contact. My thoughts and prayers are with you today and in the days to come. May the Lord bless and comfort you.
Love,
Hollie, Ben and Elaina (TOF, Pulmonary Atresia, VSD, DiGeorge)
Dear Gledhill family
I came to your blog wanting to understand what one of my student who lost a sibbling through HLHS was going through. Your honesty, beautiful writing and love for each others and your precious Gracie made it all so real. Your Courage, faith and love helped me a lot as well going through medical challenges with my daughter. Please know as well that 3 of my cousins are alive today thanks to the very generous gift of organs that parents like you made.
Max, Taylor, Callie, Gracie and you Michele and Tom are in our prayers, and always will be and we are sending you all our love for stength and courage through these very difficult times.
-Isabelle
Your story has touched my heart. Gracie is such a Beautiful Angel, Ive enjoyed getting on here and reading all about her, she is truley an "Angel". Im sorry for your heartache, You will be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing.
Love Always
Missy Peterson
Although I know I've said so much more in email, I want to add my love and thoughts to this journal of Gracie's life.
One of the things that I have found remarkable about following Gracie and your family is how many of us out there are "heart Moms" and/or have said goodbye to our little ones, and what a "family" of sorts that this little "club" is. I have a friend who only recently lost her daughter, and one who recently lost her son... and they have never commented because it is too difficult for them. I know they are probably representative of so many silent others. As you say goodbye to Gracie today, know that although exact circumstances are always unique, there are so many of us whose hearts and minds go right back to that day when we said goodbye to our own, and we grieve deeply with you. If there was any way for us to take some of that pain from you, oh how we would. The glorious truth is that we know that our Savior has taken your pain. You are never alone, no matter the depths of despair you may feel.
As another mother commented, I too experienced the thinness of the veil after my daughter passed. Gracie will be very close to you in these next few days. Cherish every moment of the comfort you will experience, as you will indeed be carried by angels. Cherish even the pain and the sorrow, even though it is excruciating. The intensity of everything that you feel will sustain you in the weeks, months, and years to come.
Years have passed for some of us and while the sorrow will never leave, I promise that there are great blessings and tremendous joy to be found as you feel that very personal and direct connection to heaven. She will bring you great strength, comfort, motivation, determination, and endurance through the years. Your family will never be the same... your eternal courses are forever changed because of her presence in your family, now and always.
We quite literally love your family. We have literally hurt and suffered as we've seen Gracie suffer and as we now watch you suffer. But we rejoice with you that your daughter is assured a place with her Savior, and we will rejoice with you as time reveals the eternal blessings that will come from her time with you in this life.
Our Savior lives... your daughter lives... today is not goodbye for forever.
Say hello to my little angel, Gracie. We love you.
I am sorry, you don't even know me, but I feel like I know you and your sweet family. Avery Woffinden is my sister in law and we, as a family, have been following Gracie through her courageous battle. We are praying for peace and strength to be with you and your sweet children today. Please know what an example or purity, obedience, and endurance you, and especially Gracie, has been. We love you!!
Jordan and Lauren Woffinden
I can't imagine how hard this day is going to be for your whole family. We will certainly be keeping you in our prayers today and in the days to come. Gracie is an amazing little girl and she has touched so many people's lives as do all the heart kids out there. Praying for God to show you His peace and comfort during this time.
Heart Hugs,
Julie Miles
www.ethanscottmiles.blogspot.com (HLHS)
just stumbled across your story...
my son received a liver/small bowel transplant that didn't take well and he passed away...we were able to donate his heart
i know what a bittersweet joy it is to, like you, have received such a gift, then pass it on.
your family is in my thoughts today. i know what you are going through and i wish i could tell that it gets easier...but, it doesn't. it gets different.
as the days, weeks, months and years go on...you'll cry less, and smile more...but, you'll never forget your baby girl. it's a long road...but, one that will teach you so much about life.
good luck to you and yours...i'm so sorry that you have to let your little girl go...
I'm another person that doesn't know your family, but I'm praying for you all.
I have never been to your site before, but it only took a few moments for my heart to break for all of you. Thank you for sharing your love and faith in this time of sorrow. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Bless your family and Gracie's sweet heart and sole. You all are so selfless and so courageous. Please know you are in so many people's thoughts and prayers. By donating she gets to give back and that is so awesome. God bless you all!!!Bless you!!!
Kat
I don't know you but have followed your story through your blog. I too am a heart mom and therefore feel a sort of connection to you. Your family is amazing and humbling. The love around you is breathtaking! 187 messages and counting. All people who have obviously been touched in a very real way by a sweet little girl who has fought through more than most do in their entire life. As my heart aches for your family I will pray that strength and peace will find you and that as a family you will find comfort in knowing that this is part of the greater plan and that families are forever. I am so sorry.
-Kami Wright
I am so sorry for your loss. I've been in tears several times this weekend thinking about your family and what you are going through. It breaks my heart to think of what you have to do today. Just know that so many of us have been inspired by you and your family and sweet little Gracie and that we are constantly praying for you. Love, Michelle Armstrong
I have been following your Gracie girl's journey and want you to know how much she has touched my life. My sister is close with Avery Milne and whenever I go to her blog to check on Bella, I click on your blog to check on Gracie. It has been such a joy to watch her progress and then observe your strength when she'd take a step back. You are all amazing examples to me. I am so sorry that the journey ended this way but your family has showed tremendous grace and faith. I wish you peace and comfort for Gracie's siblings. May God continue to bless your family! You will be in my prayers.
Love,
Courtney Zwick
I just wanna wrap my arms around your sweet little family. I have only been on this ride with you for a week, yet you have changed my life. I am facing enoumous challenges in my life right now, second cancer with my husband, we will be at Huntsman on March 18th for surgery. You have given me the strength and courage to do this. To accept this as Gods will. I am so sorry, but know that you have touched so many lifes. When I am scared I will think of little Gracie, and out whole eternal plan. Thanks for sharing your experience. You will be in my thoughts and prayers this day.
God bless you and your family. I can't even begin to fathem what you all are going through right now. Please know she is and will be an inspration to me and my family. I will have more patience w/ my daughter tonight, I will hold her closer and read her an extra book. She continues to touch hearts. You are all so strong and courageous and I thank you for allowing us into your and Gracie's life.
We heart Gracie!!!
God bless!!
We are so sorry you have to say goodbye to your beautiful daughter. You'll be in our prayers today - We Heart Gracie!
Love, The Colvins
Puyallup
I don't know you but I'm crying and praying for you today.
I am so sorry for you and your family at this time, but I want to thank you for sharing Gracie with us. Reading about Gracie has shown me how precious life truly is and I will be grateful for each day I have with my children good and bad. I also want to thank you for testimony of the Plan of Salvation and how real it is. THANK YOU and you are all still in our prayers through this still difficult time.
Post a Comment