Thursday, August 7, 2008

Baby Face

Gracie pulled her feeding tube out this morning around 7:00 a.m. so I thought I would snap a few photos before putting it back in. Tom had already left for work when I was ready to put it back in, so Max helped me by holding her head steady and keeping the tube in her nose while I put the tape on. Max is a great helper for me when I need him. He is having experiences that most other 10 year olds are not having. I hope they will change him for the good. I think they already have.

19 comments:

The Gatherum Clan! said...

So sweet!

SuperCoolMom said...

That is the cutest picture! I love how she's almost shielding herself with the blanket! Precious!

I'm sure that all of this will help your children to have greater tolerance, love, and compassion. They will always be better people for having Gracie in their lives.

Gleason's said...

What an adorable picture, she is so cute.
Connie, Nicole and Ally
Ashley helped me set up an account.

♥Stef said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The B Family said...

Now that picture should be submitted for Gerber baby of the year! I LOVE IT! Gracie is so beautiful!
Oh, Max is definitely a better person because of all of this and it will change him and make him a better husband, father and man one day, too! What a wonderful big brother!

Praying...

Heart hugs~ Rebecca

susan said...

Michele,
She is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the picture. What a sweetie Max is.

Leslie said...

I just want to eat her up she's so adorable. What a strength and help your "little man Max" is around the house when Tom is gone. Good thing for big brothers.

Recovery Guru said...

I can't get enough of those big brown eyes! She is adorable!

The Simmons Family said...

That is a face of an angel... how sweet!! They always look so different without the tube and tape.

I love that you have Max help you out.. I always feel so bad when I holler for Kamryn to come hold Owen's head steady while I put a tube up his nose and he SCREAMS. Isn't it great to have such amazing older siblings to help out?! I think it can only change them for the good!!!

Hope the feeding gets better over time. It seems like we're not getting anywhere closer to no NG tube, but there is progress from week to week. I keep hearing "just be patient"... we'll see. Good luck!!!

Andrea

Connie and Gary said...

Way to go Max. You are the man

Lisa Loeffler said...

Oh my gosh..can you say gorgeous??? Love the photo and I am so proud of Max! He's a stronger man than I am!

shana said...

I love her little peek-a-boo look! She is soooo darling! Max will always hold a special place in his heart for his sweet baby sister!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful darling! How amazing that Max's little sister is teaching him so much - not many big brothers can say that this soon. Who knows, maybe he'll grow up to be a doctor someday; he's getting great hands-on training!

Brooke said...

What a sweetie! Both her and her big brother. I am sure that is so nice for you to have him as a helper. What an awesome boy.

jen said...

Her eyes are amazing!

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

Very CUTE photo!!

Natalie said...

That is such a cute picture of Gracie! As photogenic as she is, I still think she is even cuter in person. Michele, I am in awe of how you take care of Gracie with such GRACE!!! You are always so calm with her and just do what needs to be done. AND you can spend all day taking care of Gracie and then show up to our reunion looking like a supermodel!
Love, Nat

Summer said...

Gracie looks good! It is amazing what our other kids have learned through this whole experience! Just an idea for the bottle issue: Some of the formulas, especially Progestimil, taste so nasty, have you tried offering straight breastmilk or other formulas? Mason refused the progestimil after awhile. Good luck. Mason sends xoxoxo.

Annette said...

Look at those eyes! so beautiful. This will definitely make Max an even better kid. I do know that even though I would never wish any family to go through the trial of loosing a child in a car accident like we did, I know that it not only made our family stronger but it defintely put a different and GOOD perspective on life for our kids at a younger age them most and it was a very nice thing. Max will have understand so many things that other kids might not ever understand.
love you all and keep up this amazing work!
Annette