I wanted to give a quick update on our Gracie Girl. She is doing pretty good. I did not end up taking her in to the doctor. I stopped fortifying her milk and just gave it to her straight. She seemed to tolerate this better and has decreased her vomiting and the diapers have gotten better too.
She is chewing on her hands constantly now which is great. She puts her thumb in her mouth and does not know how to suck on it, how sad!! She just chews. When we were still in the hospital, the speech therapist at the hospital told us to try flavored chapstick on her lips to give her something positive on her face and to not get use to dipping her binky in sweetie water. Well, she LOVES her lipgloss and tries to eat it every time we give it to her. I will have to post a video of that someday.
A few weeks ago Tom suggested we get a family photo. I thought, well, I would rather wait until the spring when she is done with her Glenn (second surgery), off the feeding tube (hopefully), sitting up and me looking a little less post partum! But then I thought, we can't wait. Waiting is something we really cannot do with our little heart babies because we never know what is around the corner. So on Wednesday, we are getting family photos. I hope we get some good ones!
12 comments:
I'm glad to hear things are a little better. So funny about the lip gloss. I hope the family pictures go well. You have a very cute family. Your story has taught me to cherish every day I have with my 2 little ones...thank you!
That's great that she is doing better. I'm also always waiting to do a family picture ('till I lose 10 lbs). I've been waiting for a really long time and I think my 10 lbs are here to stay. Anyway, if you are going to the girl Tiffany & David went to the pictures will be awesome. I think it's good to get them now!
I am glad she is doing better. I think your husband is right about not waiting with the photos. Not because something bad is going to happen, but life is just to precious to put off what you can do today. Can't wait to see.
I'm glad she's doing better. You deserve a nursing degree! Clearly you've put in the hours and know how to diagnose and solve the problem. I'm excited to see the family picture!
I LOVE the lipgloss idea..that's great!! Now that she's bringing her hands to her mouth, it'll be easier to give her food to slobber on. Owen also chews and never sucks... we tried the open top cup (like the ones we use) and he seems to be okay.. for a sip or two. Then he's done. :( I hope this gets easier!!!
Andrea
I'm glad that she is better. I can't wait to see the family photo.
Sounds like all is going well, that is a cute photo of Gracie with Taylor!!
I'm so glad to hear good news! How fun to know she is a girly girl who is all about her lip gloss already! What a cutie! Good luck Wednesday - I hope you get some great shots!
LoVe the lipstick idea! Yeah for thumbs!
Sure like to hear the good news! Heartily recommend those family photos. Just can't have enough. I look back over the years our kids were growing up, and we don't have enough pictures of the events in our lives. Specially with the digital cameras. "film" is cheap! :-) Thank you for all the updates on how Gracie is doing. She has certainly captured a lot of hearts.
Harry
Oh, she IS such a girly girl!!! Love that she is already licking her lip gloss! Precious!
Heart hugs~ Rebecca
So I am embarrased, I have kinda checked out on checking on Gracie for about 3 weeks, what was I thinking? So happy to check in today and see the cute new pictures and hear how she is doing. Can't wait to see the family pictures.
Post a Comment