Thursday, April 2, 2009

One Month Ago






The good thing about having other children in the house is that you can't get too depressed. As I write this, Callie is blasting the movie High School Musical 3. Who can be down when they are rocking out to 'The Boys Are Back"? :)


One month ago, we said our last goodbyes to our girl. I just posted yesterday so I don't want to go on and on about the sadness of this one month anniversary. These are pictures of when we brought the kids up to say goodbye. Our nurses did such a good job of making her look 'good' by getting out the prettiest new blankets, covering up all the ECMO tubes, putting a little gown on her up to her neck so the kids wouldn't be scared of what was happening to her. Because we had such a heart wrenching goodbye, I find that when I am watching a sad movie where they are saying goodbye to someone that I get a lot more teary now. I'm sure I will do that from now on. Little things will probably easily trigger tears that would not have come to me before this experience.


Before Gracie died, I told a friend that I believed that when hard times come our way, we have to have faith in the plan and not in the outcome. If we only have faith in the outcome, and that outcome doesn't turn out the way we want it, then all we are left with is bitterness and anger. If we have faith in the Lord and his plan and love for all of us here on earth, then we can make every challenge a learning experience.


To my Gracie: I am grateful to have had a slice of heaven in our home, even if it was only for a short time. I am humbled to be your mother. We love you and have missed you for the last 31 days and will miss you everyday until we see you again.


86 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Oh sweet little Gracie! How loved she is. I agree that we can learn from all things. Sometimes we have to look a little harder to find the beauty in these things but like everything beautiful the Lord will find a way to make it known to those looking to find it.

lundgrenville said...

My heart is heavy seeing pictures of your sweet children with their baby sister one last time. Those unforgettable moments tugged on my heart strings today.
We love you...all of you...Our hearts pray for you Michele, Tom, Callie, Max & Taylor. We love you Angel Gracie!

Hugs-

The Simmons Family said...

Thanks Michele. I need to have a little more faith in Oween's plan and not his outcome. The last few days have been overwheming as we get bad news about his antibodies, the reality of him actually getting a heart and the reality of him rejecting it. I just want to make the right decisions to KEEP him here... I don't want to lose him. I need to have more faith in the plan.

We miss Gracie too. We miss her fun updates, her pictures, he SMILE! The pictures of you all aaying goodbye are heartbreaking.

Thinking of you all and praying!!

Andrea

Dawn said...

You amaze me. It's hard enough to see your best friends hurting but here you are, someone I barely know but yet I can feel your pain in your words and see it in the photos. I can't imagine what you all are going through. And also glad that your kids can be a great distraction for you.

Me said...

You are still in our prayers. So many people still ask about your family just want to let you know that your little gracie girl will always be remembered. Love you

my3sons said...

It breaks my heart to see your family say goodbye to Gracie. I am so sorry.....

Amanda said...

I don't know you, but I want you to know what an incredible mother I think you are. My daughter was in Primary Children's hospital for 8 days,in February, with RSV. While there I heard about your sweet little Gracie. I have been following your blog ever since. You have touched my life in so many ways. I want to thank you for the wonderful example you are to me. I am a better mother because of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are in our prayers.

Sincerely, Amanda Borchert

Amanda said...

You don't know me, but I want you to know what an incredible mother I think you are. My daughter was in Primary Children's Hospital for 8 days, in February, with RSV. While there I heard about your sweet little Gracie. I have been following your blog ever since. You have touched my life in so many ways. I am a better mother because of you. Thank you for your testimony and strength. And thank you for sharing your sweet Gracie Girl with all of us. You are in my prayers.
Sincerely, Amanda Borchert

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't know you, we've never talked, emailed or met...and the only thing we really have in common is that we are both moms and we both have heart babies. I cry for you, with you and pray for your family.I pray for peace, for the eternal knowledge of God plan that will help get you through these difficult days.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Tears and hugs. It Break my heart that your family had to go thru this. Such precious and sad photos of you, your husband and your children saying goodbye. Praying for you and your family.

mitchclan said...

I know we've never met, and I've sent you an e-mail before thanking you for sharing Gracie with a stranger. I just want to thank you again. My heart aches for your family, but you are all such an inspiration and you make me want to do so much more for my family. I wish I could help take some of your pain away, but know that you are loved by people who have never even met you! Your example and the special spirit that you can see shining from all of your children is truly inspiring! I keep praying for your family and especially in your lonely moments when you wish to hold your baby.

Love, Tanya Mitchell and our fam.

The B Family said...

Holding you close today, dear friend...it's the waiting for the outcome that's the hardest. I pray peace and comfort for your beautiful family and you, chosen mother of an angel!

I love you~ Rebecca

jen said...

"The way to have a little Heaven in your home is to have someone from your home in Heaven". Someone gave that quote to my my mother in law when she lost her son many years ago. She said it still brings her comfort.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry. Your words are so inspiring. The plan is a good one, the outcomes can be so heartbreaking. I admire your strength and testimony. I have grown to love you and your family even though we haven't ever met. Sending prayers of peace from Wyoming to help make it through this challenging day.

jess said...

Prayers of peace to your family.

Kate the Great said...

You don't know me... but I marvel at your faith in our Father and your unending love for your family...

I can not imagine how hard it has been for you to let go of your sweet little girl for this time, and then to be able to do so, so publicly on this blog. I want to thank you though, for doing so, because you have helped my love for our Saviour grow; and have reminded me daily to be a little more patient, a little more slow to anger, and much more flowing in love with my own children.

I agree with Amanda when I say that I am a better mother because of you.

My thoughts will continue to be with you and your family.

Matchbox Mom said...

WE all miss her, too. Sweet baby girl.
I think you will always have a slice of heaven in your home, because someone you love is in heaven.
Thank you for your testimony, too. It means a lot.

Unknown said...

Gracie, Max, Taylor, and Callie are blessed to have such a wonderful mother! You truly amaze me. Your writing is so beautiful and touching. I pray for you and your family each day.

susan said...

Our love and thoughts are with you today as we remember today and everyday this special little girl and your amazing family.

Leslie said...

Aww, I'm so sorry. You have every right to have 2 posts in a row spilling your grief out onto your blog. It's just a hard hard thing to be going through. And, Gracie is beautiful and entwined in your heart. So understandable. I do love how kids can rebound through grief, not that they don't feel it, but they naturally bounce into the trivial fantasy world that's part of being a kid. It is moving to see your older son looking on with you, too. He'll be a sweeter more caring boy for having been through that with you.

Momma J said...

I wanted to say that sweet Gracie has, and always will, have a special place in my heart. Your family has been such an example to us. You guys have shown how having faith in Christ is enough to carry you when circumstances aren't the most ideal, but also on the magical day when you will be reunited with Gracie for all eternity. [And oh, what a special day that will be!]

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

I wish that I could find the right words to say how much your story has changed me as a mother, wife, and daughter. I have learned so many things for reading your blog, and although I cannot imagine your pain, I do hope that knowing how many mothers are better because of you and your family provides a little bit of peace. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself to so many people.

The Jones :) said...

That really touched me Michelle...seeing all your children say good-bye to sweet Gracie...that is precious. You husband and you holding your oldest son...how sweet to know Families Are Forever, however that doesn't make it any easier at this time. Thank you for helping us realize what we need to have faith in...things aren't always easy, and regardless of the challenge, we need to remember the "plan". Thank you for posting such amazing things, and I'm sorry you're struggling at this time. I can't imagine how hard it must be to WANT all those things just one more time. You've really made me think today...so thank you, and I hope you're filled with peace and comfort today and the days to come.
With love, Becki

Donna said...

You are right, each anniversary is hard, especially the first year, and after,-you never forget, but it does get easier. And yes, you are more sensitive to tearing because you have a tender/sympathetic heart that feels more deeply for all that you have been through. I had premie boys and each time that I (a nurse) witness a premie birth, it brings it all back again...31 YEARS LATER! I hope it makes me a kinder person who has been blessed in so many ways by God that when things don't go well, has the capacity to appreciate life in a better way. The hurt will get better until it's just that tender part of you that celebrates life so very fully!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Gracie, Courageous Family. You have touched my heart once again with your strength, insights and testimony. You are so right, the plan is a good one. I believe in the Lord's plan. I just wish the outcomes were not as painful and heartbreaking. I will keep praying for peace for you and your family. Sending warm love from cold Wyoming.

Erika said...

I have tears in my eyes... You all are in my continued prayers...
~Erika in NH

Kimmie said...

Once again the tears are rolling...ready to produce a flash flood! What amazing pictures! I thought of you all every second that day, and continue to do so...I can't get you and your sweet family out of my mind. I see the love, peace, sorrow, miracles, pain, beauty, etc..IN EVERYTHING now!!! Since we can see the cemetery from our house my 3 year old is constantly saying, "Look mom, there's Gracie". Though a complete stranger, I too can't wait to see Gracie and thank her for all that her example has taught our family! My heart TRULY aches for you Michele...daily...I think of you a lot!

Brooke said...

Those pics are the sweetest!! I love the last one. I am glad that you have High School Musical to brighten your day. Although it doesn't make it go away, I am sure it helps. What a truly amazing family you are. I am sure God put special thought into sending Gracie to you!

Anonymous said...

Heart-warming and heart-wrenching pictures. I cannot even imagine your emotions. Please know that you continue to be in our thoughts.

Jill said...

Thank you for the reminder of having FAITH in all things!!! These pictures are heartbreaking!! I wish you didn't have to say goodbye!!!
31 days later I'm in awe at how many lives sweet Gracie has touched, and the Faith you have in the eternal plan!
Thinking of you not just on this hard day, but everyday.

Rummfor5 said...

Faith in the Plan. Thank you for those words. I think the way you phrased them and the feeling behind them is why it sinks into my heart the way it is.
You're in my thoughts so often. . . saying those goodbyes are incredibly difficult. no matter what we have faith in, the letting go, for now, is painful.

cici said...

The bottled up tears I tried to hold back many days reading Gracie's blog, unleashed themselves today upon seeing those sweet photos of pure love. Thank you for sharing them, I think we all feel a little closer to Heaven today. Gracie is your own guardian angel, I hope you feel it.

Natalie said...

Those pictures are heart wrenching. I realized today had been a month since we lost Gracie. Thank you for your perspective on having faith in the plan, not the outcome. That is the biggest lesson I have learned from Gracie. That and to cherish every minute I have with my kids...even when they are driving me crazy! My love and prayers are with you today!
Nat

Stephanie said...

I've been thinking about Gracie and the gledhills a lot today. In fact when I was on the phone with you earlier I was going to ask you if this past month has gone by slow or fast for you. Everyday must be a new and different challenge for you. I'm amazed by your strength, courage and faith in your Heavenly Father. Reagan has been thinking about Gracie a lot today too. At my Presidency meeting earlier today she spontaniously came in to announce to the other women that Talan's girlfriend had died. And then later while we were driving down the street Reagan said, "Mom, I miss Gracie!" We all miss Gracie around here. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Diana said...

I read your blog and you so speak to me..Your 2nd last paragraph so hit home to me. Thank you!!

Grammy Staffy said...

I was in tears all that day as I knew you were saying goodbye to Gracie. Thank you for sharing these precious pictures with us... they are so tender.

What a wonderful family you have. What a wonderful example you set for them.

I am honored to have shared this experience with you. I agree that we must have faith in the plan and not the outcome. We are in His watchful care.

I told my neice that you have one of her pictures. She is so far behind in her commissioned work that she can't offer to draw a picture of Gracie with Jesus... she wishes that she could. However, if you would like a bigger picture of Jesus with a baby that Jean signs For Gracie just let me know. She said she would be glad to sign one for me to send to you.

I am sending love. My prayers are still with you. Grammy Lura

coccifamily said...

Michele-You are an amazing woman! Some how you manage to keep moving forward, and inspiring sooo many along the way. Your faith and perspective are amazing. Thank you for sharing your deepest feelings with all of us. We will never be the same.

plaidspolitics said...

"We’re only men and women doing what we can
Sometimes I think that God is working to a plan
Then other times I swear that he is improvising
Discordant and remote..." (Prefab Sprout, "Sound of Crying")

I love the book "Tear Soup", so if you don't have it yet, look it up. I like how it talks about not fully understanding God even though you believe in Him. I surely don't understand a WHOLE lot about God, or His plans. We were encouraged to have Hope for our little ones before they died. Encourage to fast for them, pray for them, and give them priesthood blessings. We did all those things with faith, in faith that there is a God who is aware and hears us. Was our hope in vain? Like you say, our Faith is not. Although I have a whole lot of questions. Maybe some of my questions will result in world-changing, eternal answers the way a humble fourteen year old boy's questions did. Perhaps the key word there is eternal. We are eternal beings, strangers to time. And we will ache in this time until we are joined again in the eternities.

Aimee Hardy said...

Thank you so much for sharing Gracie with all of us. Your family and Gracie have touched so many lives and continue to do so as you share your strength and testimony. I can't imagine what you are feeling today, but I hope along with the sadness you overwhelmingly feel the love of the Lord. We continue to pray for you and your family.

Aimee,
Mom to Jack, HLHS

Ashley Broach said...

A faithful follower of your blog posted your address on my blog. Oh, how my heart aches for you and your family!! I lost one of my three sons the day after Christmas this past year to a brain tumor. He was 18 months old. I know all too well the shock and fear you are feeling. Reading you replaying the events of the hospital, and the final moments you held your sweet baby... I can relate to those unbelievable, surreal moments all too well. No mother should have to endure what we have. Keep leaning on God and your family. If you ever need to talk to someone who's going through it, I am here. Ashley (Webb's mommy)
ashleybroach.blogspot.com

Natalie♥ said...

O that was so sad. I am so sorry you had to do that and your children are just angels giving Gracie a goodbye kiss. Thanks you for being such an example of faith to us, you are amazing and are loved so much.

kati said...

priceless pictures. they choke me up.

i don't think you're the only one who sees goodbyes differently after your precious gracie, i think she's changed all of us. as if that could even be any consolation, i know...

ps, if it makes you feel better to post your thoughts, then you should. this blog is more for you than anyone else. don't ever worry that anyone will mind.

thinking of your family,

Stephanie said...

Oh how I am so terribly sorry for what you are going through! I'm praying for you and am incredibly thankful that I found your blog and to know Gracie alittle. She has forever impacted my life!

Hugs!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

prayers for you all...those pics just make me groan inside. thanks for allowing me to take part in your prayers...

Baileyfamily said...

I don't know if you remember me but I so glad to have met you and read about Gracie. Our prayers are still with you and will be with you for a long time.

Alisha said...

You put it perfectly when you said that she was a slice of heaven. Beautifully put.

Mari said...

Oh, may the Lord's most tender mercies be showered upon your family! How heart wrenching but beautiful that all of you were able to say "until we meet again." A real gift.
Thank you for sharing Miss Gracie and your whole sweet, sweet family with all of us.

Talia said...

I won't pretend to know the pain you are going through at thie time. I continue to pay for you and your family. I will continue to pray you and the incredible strength you have shown.

Adrianne said...

I just wanted to thank you for continuing to post. I found your blog through a friend and have followed every step of the way. Even though I never knew Gracie personally, it was still hard to see her go. It's so nice to be able to check back on your blog and be able to hold onto a little piece of her through you writing. I pray that the Lord will bless you all with peace and her presence with you always.

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

I don't know what to say.....I'm so sorry! I can't even tell you how much your faith lifts me up! What you said about His plan is so true, but I'd never thought of it that way. I still think of Gracie everyday! When I think of her it makes me appreciate things in life so much more!!

Gleason's said...

Once again what beautiful words Michele. You and your family are in our prayers always.
Love, Connie

Mindi said...

Michele,
You continue to be in our thougths and prayers--I cannot believe it's been a month. I cannot tell you how much I admire your strentgth, faith and goodness.

I hope to see you soon.

Mindi

Jill said...

Thank you. I love that you are keeping in touch with us and letting us peek into your heart. You are in our prayers. You have made me a better mother to my four kiddos.

AmberS said...

I am so sorry for your pain. My heart is heavy for you. Gracie was a beautiful little gift from heaven. The pictures of your children together made cry, they are beautiful, and so touching.

allison said...

Michele,
I still think of you every day & just pray that each new day will be more livable. Your children are all so precious & they look so sweet saying goodbye.
You are an amazing woman, Heavenly Father wouldn't have trusted His Gracie with any less.
Lots of Love,
Allison

Kelsie said...

You don't know me, but I happened to stumble across your blog through a beautiful goodbye message to your sweet Gracie. I never had the opportunity to meet that sweet angel but she has affected my life so deeply. I feel so connected to her and I can't even explain it. I have a 14 month old son and I like to think that maybe Ethan and Gracie were friends in heaven and that's why I feel so close to her. Thank you for sharing her with everybody. I continue to check her blog quite often and the moment I see her beautiful face I get tears streaming down my cheeks. Thank you for being such an inspiration and for sharing this sweet angel with me.

Marci said...

Those photos are just precious. As always, your faith inspires me. I am so amazed by your perspective and what a strong person you are. Thanks for your example in my life. I cannot imagine how much you ache for your baby girl. She really did bring some of heaven here on earth. I forever grateful for that!

Kerren said...

I have been sitting here for a while with my fingers just resting on the keyboard, not knowing what to type.. and then that song comes into my head again - the one I emailed you about.. "I hope you dance". And just thinking of this song was a big comfort to me - isn't that amazing? That someone who never met your Gracie Girl, and who lives half way round the world needs comforting because we lost her?

She truly touched so many lives... I wish for you peace over her passing.. today and all the days of your life.

God Bless
Kerren
South Africa

Leslie said...

I haven't commented on your last few posts because I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can say to make any of this better for you. I'm so sad too and would probably just bring you down. But what makes me feel better? YOU! Michele, I know you are hurting and struggling and wanting to probably scream at times, if you haven't already done so, but I'm so amazed at how you face each day with faith. You get up each morning and get ready for the day, not matter what. Our whole perspective on eternity has been magnified so much through your family's experiences this past year. Thank you for being you and for being a strength to the rest of us! We ALL want another day to hold, love, bathe, change, and kiss little Gracie...we'll always yearn for that, but like you said, all we can do now is to have faith that our Heavenly Father knows best and His plan will all make sense to us one day. Thank you for leading and lighting the way back to Him for all of us who look up to you.
Love ya sista!
Leslie

Unknown said...

Hi Michele, You dont know me--I stumbled across Gracies blog from a friends blog long ago. I have never commented because I didnt know what to say that would comfort you(not to mention--the flood gates were open and not closing)! I have been so touched by your words and pictures I cant even explain it. I have decided that its time to let you know that you have changed me as a mother--I want to be a better mother because of you! I also have come to know and love my Savior and His plan unlike I have before. I truly feel that Gracie was sent to you for a purpose and as I read your blog it is more clear to me that maybe it was because there are so many lives that needed to be touched by your story! I am one of those lives that needed Gracies story. You have changed the lives of many--I know this isnt the way you would of chose--but being that this was the plan, you have helped others that needed you! No one could of possibly done what you have done--you were the chosen one to care for Gracie and help so many. You are an amazing family who has been through more than most can comprehend--Thank you for allowing everyone to have a glimpse of what you are going through. I have come to know and love your family and pray for you everyday and will always remember sweet Gracie! Each day you are one day closer to holding her for an eternity--that is the awesome part of the plan. Families are Forever!
Thinking of You,
Alisha

Morrells said...

Thank You for sharing your heartbreaking story! I learned of your sweet Gracie just days before her passing, we were also in pcmc on the day of her passing, my 1 week old heart baby was going through his first surgery in order to keep him alive! Your touching story and faith is a reminder to me of our Heavenly Fathers plan! Thank You for sharing, your most intimate and hard times! Bless you and your beautiful family, and may you feel Gracie close to you every single day!
Love, Crystal Morrell ccmorrell.blogspot.com

Katy said...

Continued prayers for your whole family as time continues to soften the blow.

Hold on to your memories! And continue to turn it all over to the master Planner!

Prayers!
~Kate

The Ridgway Family said...

Michele,
I have been thinking about you these last few days as I do know that when the dust settles, it can seem to get harder. What a blessing Gracie is to your family and what a blessing you all are to her. As we approach 9 months since Eden's passing, I can not say that I am healed, but I am in a better place and I know that Eden is still so close.

I think it is adorable how your children remember their sister. My girls still talk about Eden at least once every day and LOVE to have her picture in their room. I think it is fabulous because they were a big part of their life and I believe that our little ones are still so close to them. My Ainsley talks about seeing and chatting with Eden all the time. Boy am I a little jealous.

Hang in there. The Lord will help you through and will make it possible to move forward one day at a time.

Love, Keisa

Unknown said...

What special, beautiful pictures that I am sure your family will treasure forever!

Honey said...

Those pictures are priceless. Thank you for sharing such tender moments of your precious family.

Music4 said...

I just wanted to let you know that your sweet baby will never be forgotten and she has changed so many lives! I am a better person because of your blog, so thank you! I pray for your family everyday!

Anonymous said...

(((Michele and family))), I have not the words to provide you with great comfort, but know that I have continued my prayers for you during this time and all the times to come... I read your words and you are wrapped in prayer with every word... Thoughtfully, Livy

Mandy said...

I thought of you and your family today (Saturday). Elder Richard G. Scott gave a beautiful talk in the afternoon session of General Conference. He spoke of the loss of his wife, but also the loss of an infant daughter and a son to a heart defect. I felt peace as he gave his talk. I pray that same peace for you!

Amy said...

Michelle,
Thinking of you and your precious family as the days pass on.
Amy

Rachael said...

Richard G Scott gave a talk today and talked about 2 of his children passing away and how they dealt with adversity. And how blessed we are to be able to be sealed to our family for eternity. I thought of your family when he spoke. (I am a blog stalker-you don't know me)

Chris said...

My heart is breaking and I am crying reading your post and looking at the pictures.
I am very sorry for the lost of your beautiful baby girl.

The Gee Family said...

You are such a sweet family and will one day be whole again with little Gracie girl to join you. She is a very special angel sent from heaven above to give you a taste of heaven and now to watch over you from heaven. Thank goodness for our children to keep us going each day and to help lift our spirits in times of sadness and difficulty. We think of Gracie daily and pray for all of you. Our Savior does have a plan for each of us and it is for our good even when that is so hard to fathom. He knows each of us and feels our pain and sufferings. I know he loves each one of us and chooses the strongest to withstand what you have endured so far. You are all amazing and such great examples for us to follow. Thanks for being who you are! Love ya, The Gee Family

Amy and Brad said...

I love your thoughts regarding focusing on the plan instead of solely on the outcome. Very poignant.

Natalie♥ said...

Wow as I listened to conference today I felt like your little angel was speaking to you. She wanted you to know that she is okay and she will be with you again someday. I also felt like she wants you to be happy and not be sad for her. I felt the spirit so strong, Heavenly Father is mindful of you and I know that by conference today.

jenjamin said...

You are amazing! Your strength has strengthened me, a total stranger living miles and miles away. I mentioned you on my last post on my testimony blog. Thanks for your example. I am sure Heavenly Father is pouring his tender mercies upon you and your sweet family.

Karm said...

Michele,
Thought of you and your family yesterday as Elder Scott spoke and today as President Monson spoke. I hope their words brought a bit of comfort to you and yours. I know felt how very aware Father in Heaven is of you. I think of Gracie every single day and miss her.

susan said...

Michele,
I have tearfully read you blog since Liz has made me aware of Gracie and your challenges with her health. I would have loved to attend her funeral, but was unable to. I wanted to lend my support by being there. Know that you and your family have been in my prayers and continue to be.
The faith, strength and courage you have shown touches me deeply, you have been a great example to all who have followed your story.
You have a beautiful little family, who are richly blessed to be apart of your family and to call you mother. (I think Gracie looks a great deal like you with her coloring and expressive beautiful eyes.)
I pray the Lord will bless you with peace in the difficult days ahead, as you miss Gracie's physical presence.
Love,
Susan Johnson

FishinFamily said...

Michele,
I am at a loss for words. I can't imagine your pain. I can't imagine having to say goodbye to my child. It's heartwrenching to think about your pain. Yesterday during Pres. Monson's talk (Sun. morning session) I thought of you as he was talking about the woman who burried all her children and had to dig the hold for them with a spoon. I thought of your pain and your strength to go on in faith, just like she did knowing, "The blessings of heaven will come." You amaze me. I love you, my heart hurts for you. I will never forget your sweet baby Gracie!!

Sabrina said...

Michele,
I'm thinking of you and your family. Your poem is so powerful-and poinant.
Blessings,
Sabrina

Sundee said...

I don't know you but I think your an incredible mother. How precious this blog will be to your children someday. I check your blog often. You have inspired me to be a better mom. I pray for you and your family. I loved the music so much that I downloaded 2 cd's of Paul Cardall. When I listen to them I think of your Gracie. Thank you for sharing such a personal experience.

lundgrenville said...

Hi sweet Michele-

Just have so much love in my heart for you today. I thought a lot about you and your family during conference.
President Monsons talk touched my heart in an overwhelming way. The story of the mother who lost her husband and then all of her children...The pain that was in my heart was unbearable...I was very emotional..and thought if I felt that way when I have never experienced such tragedy...how much pain your heart feels. We love you...all of you! Our hearts ache for you..and we pray for you...everyday! One thing I wont forget about his talk is..a qoute..
"The blessings of Heaven will come"

We love you all!
Hugs-

Annette said...

Oh Michele - my heart aches for you and your little ones. The weeks and months to come are very hard but also wonderful. It was definitely the hardest on Tiff when Danny passed away. He was her baby brother that she played with every day. Your comments still are so inspiring and so true, but most people do not have your insight when they go through such a hard trial. Your attitude and thoughts not only keep you going, but those that read this as well. The concert Monday night was awesome and brought tears to my eyes when I saw those pictures of Gracie on those huge screens. What a wonderful tribute and I will continue to pray for Paul as well as all these cute little heart babies as all of them have helped you so much as well! love ya tons!

my life: said...

These pictures are heart breaking. I can't imagine the ache that must fill your arms for this little one. Thank you for sharing her with us.
I squeeze my own Gracie tighter...

Anonymous said...

I just found this song by Rascal Flatts and the whole time I was listening to it I was thinking of your family and Gracie so I thought I would share the lyrics with you.

I miss you so much
Your light, your smile, your way, and everything about us
Though you’re gone, you’re still here
In my heart, in my tears
Yeah you sure left your mark and we were just getting started

[Chorus]
It wasn’t long, it wasn’t long enough…Together…
But it was long enough, yeah, it was long enough…to last forever...
Sometimes I get so mad; I scream and swear at this
Cuz’ this, isn’t how we planned it
I sit here, in a cold room….Prayin’
Waiting on you
To run back through that door, the way it was before

[Chorus]
You left, it wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough...together
But it was long enough; yeah it was long enough to last, forever…
I feel Cheated (I feel Cheated), defeated (can’t believe it)
can’t believe that you’re gone (your gone, your gone)
Oh it was wrong (so wrong)
It wasn’t long enough
It wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough…
Nooo it wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough…
Together (Together)
But it was long enough; yeah it was long enough, to last,
to last, to last forever...
(It wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough)
No it wasn’t long enough…
(It wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough)
Long enough…
(It wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough, it wasn’t long enough)

cyndi/mom/nana said...

Thank you for sharing such tender moments with the rest of the world. I am grateful for having known you and Gracie through your blog. I cannot get over her beauty and sweet sweet spirit that comes through. I pray for strength for all who have gone through the loss of a child it's the worst. I wish I had such great strength and words of inspiration such as you have here's hoping life is treating you kindly these days.

Koty2000 said...

Faith in the plan, so inspired. I wish I had known you ten years ago, but your time is now, thank goodness it was not 10 years ago and your first child. If more mothers and fathers knew what we know, death would not have so strong a sting. Families are forever and faith heals.