I was home getting ready to go when they called me and said that the plastic surgeon is SICK! They have rescheduled the surgery for Tuesday!!! I think they have a secret conspiracy to keep Gracie until she is in Kindergarten.........
Oh my gosh, Michele I am SO sorry! This is so frustrating!! Hang in there and just enjoy a few more days of not being home in the craziness. Because you know that will be hard in a different way. I can come up and sit with her this weekend if you want, just let me know! Tiff
I'm so sorry that you've had this set back - you must feel like you're hanging from a Yo-yo! On the bright side you should be able to have a relaxing weekend and it gives Gracie that much longer to continue getting strong before re-intubation. We'll pray our hearts out all weekend and hope this turns out to be a positive in the end!
Don't they know that doctors cannot call in sick??? :) I am sure they do love having your sweet baby but she is ready to move on to her home. We will all be praying this weekend and Gracie will do great on Tuesday! Enjoy your weekend!
You have a great team of Doctors, and Nurses to help get you and Tom through it. And a vast family of people cheering you on. And our God who cares very deeply about this special girl. Three kids at home that are tremedous blessing. All wonderful places to draw strength from as Gracie takes this little diversion. Sometimes a little physical activity takes the edge off. I suggest a nice game of rugby.....Hang in there!
Dang! Sorry for the set back. I hope you have a good weekend anyway. Who would have thought two months ago that you'd even be dealing with a skin graft?! Gracie is here! What a sweet little miracle, and a reminder to me that life is so precious.
Well, if they're keeping her til Kindergarten, tell them to potty train her too!! Everything will be fine...someday you'll look back and think, "Were we at the hospital that long??" Hang in there...
So sorry about the newest loop in the roller coaster! Gracie just wants to hang out with her friends in the PICU for a little longer. I am so glad she is doing so well though....she is certainly holding on to dear life. You are always on our prayers. Mason's Glen surgery is scheduled for June 9th, but I hope you are finally home by then! Sincerely Summer Strickland
I used to joke with one of the Mom's of an HLHS little girl that we should just start our own kindergarten class for the heart kiddos (there seemed to be quite a few when Ryker was born) since they would all be having surgeries together and that it did seem like forever that we were there. It is frustrating, and I am sorry. Hopefully it will get done and you guys will move to third floor real soon! Heart hugs, Emily
9 comments:
Oh my gosh, Michele I am SO sorry! This is so frustrating!! Hang in there and just enjoy a few more days of not being home in the craziness. Because you know that will be hard in a different way. I can come up and sit with her this weekend if you want, just let me know!
Tiff
I'm so sorry that you've had this set back - you must feel like you're hanging from a Yo-yo! On the bright side you should be able to have a relaxing weekend and it gives Gracie that much longer to continue getting strong before re-intubation. We'll pray our hearts out all weekend and hope this turns out to be a positive in the end!
Love,
Melissa
Don't they know that doctors cannot call in sick??? :) I am sure they do love having your sweet baby but she is ready to move on to her home. We will all be praying this weekend and Gracie will do great on Tuesday! Enjoy your weekend!
You have a great team of Doctors, and Nurses to help get you and Tom through it. And a vast family of people cheering you on. And our God who cares very deeply about this special girl. Three kids at home that are tremedous blessing. All wonderful places to draw strength from as Gracie takes this little diversion. Sometimes a little physical activity takes the edge off. I suggest a nice game of rugby.....Hang in there!
Dang! Sorry for the set back. I hope you have a good weekend anyway. Who would have thought two months ago that you'd even be dealing with a skin graft?! Gracie is here! What a sweet little miracle, and a reminder to me that life is so precious.
Well, if they're keeping her til Kindergarten, tell them to potty train her too!!
Everything will be fine...someday you'll look back and think, "Were we at the hospital that long??"
Hang in there...
Tam
So sorry about the newest loop in the roller coaster! Gracie just wants to hang out with her friends in the PICU for a little longer. I am so glad she is doing so well though....she is certainly holding on to dear life. You are always on our prayers. Mason's Glen surgery is scheduled for June 9th, but I hope you are finally home by then! Sincerely Summer Strickland
You are amazing! We're praying for your family and hope things go well on Tuesday and that Gracie's out of the hospital SOON!
I used to joke with one of the Mom's of an HLHS little girl that we should just start our own kindergarten class for the heart kiddos (there seemed to be quite a few when Ryker was born) since they would all be having surgeries together and that it did seem like forever that we were there. It is frustrating, and I am sorry. Hopefully it will get done and you guys will move to third floor real soon!
Heart hugs,
Emily
Post a Comment