Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Gracie's Busy Morning

I got here this morning and there had been quite a bit of activity. Gracie tested positive for an infection. They swabbed her art line yesterday and sent it away for cultures. It came back positive, so they are treating it as a bacterial line blood infection. They have started antibiotics and think they will be able to stay on top of it because they caught it so early. Because of her infection, they have removed her art line and PICC line that were in her right leg. (They removed the PICC line from her left leg two days ago) They have put in an IV into her left arm now. The art line gave a continuous blood pressure reading. Now that it is gone, they have to take her blood pressure the old fashioned way, with a cuff. The wound team came by and changed her wound dressing. They said it looked better. They are also weaning her down off her high flow nose cannula. So, like I said, Gracie has had a busy morning. Hopefully we can get her infection under control and get her off the high flow nose cannula. Then, third floor here we come!!

11 comments:

♥Stef said...

Gracie is in the best hands at PCMC. They are doing such an amazing job up there!! Give the nurses a big thanks from us! I am still waiting for the chance to hold Gracie and watch Jerry Springer on the third floor! Hurry and get better Gracie!
Aunt Stef

SuperCoolMom said...

We'll be praying that her infection goes away quickly! Poor little baby, I can just imagine all those doctors and nurses parading in to pick and poke. Glad they caught it early.

Keep breating Gracie!

Matchbox Mom said...

You can fight a little infection, Gracie!!! You can do it little Angel!!! We love you!!!

Leslie said...

So does all she have right now is her IV on her arm and her high flow nose cannula? Not too shabby. What's a little infection when you've been on ECMO for 12 days! She can and will beat this little bug and be moving on up soon. Have a fun day with her!

The Ridgway Family said...

I sure hope they get that infection under control. I love reading about how well Gracie is doing. She is inspiring to me and our hopes for Eden. We will pray for you and Gracie that the Lord's hand will continue to guide her recovery. This has been such a faith building experience for me as well as you I am sure.
Keisa and Eden

Em said...

That is wonderful that they caught the infection early. What a blessing that our bodies respond so quickly and give signs of infection! Get feeling better Gracie! We are all cheering for you!
Hugs,
The Gourleys

bunkerfamily said...

Oh Gracie,
Your not old enough to be that busy!
You get over your infection we will be praying for you.
Hugs and Kisses,
The Bunkers

Winnie said...

Gracie, you are so busy, busy, busy! We'll pray for you and before you know it, you're family will be looking out of the window from the THIRD FLOOR!

xoxox
Winnie

Court and Britt said...

She looks so tiny and precious in your arms!! We sure hope that the infection goes away very quickly so that you can move floors!! We'll be praying for you:)

Tiffany said...

Ok, just get rid of that yucky infection and the high flow and we are on our way! I knew it was too good to be true that she never got an infection, I just can't believe it wasn't from the open chest for weeks on end! We love you Gracie, keep getting stronger!!

Grammy Staffy said...

Good luck Gracie. I will put your name in the Redlands temple again today when I go there.