Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another Night in the PICU

Today my son Taylor had an end of the year Kindergarten program at 2:00 so my good sister went up and spent the day at the hospital for me. I got there around 4:00 and they still had not moved her to the third floor. Then we got word that because they want to give her a PICC line in the morning (for her antibiotics from her surgery) that they were going to keep her overnight because on the third floor, they cannot administer the sedation needed for the PICC line on a Hypoplastic baby. So it was a little dissapointing but I look at it like we have a babysitter for the night and can get one more good night's sleep before coming home next week and doing it all ourselves! Other than that, she was doing well today. Although, she has got to be in pain with a fresh wound on her leg and new stitches and everything on her chest. She is our hero or should I say heroine? I thought she was looking a little chunky too so I asked them how much she weighed today and they said 11 pounds!! She is chunking up from them fortifying her milk with high calorie formula. Way to go Gracie!

If all goes as planned, we should be back up to the third floor tomorrow. They will change or remove her wound vac on Friday and then they said depending on that, we would maybe go home the first part of next week. We have all learned though, not to get to excited about anything around here. I will believe it when I am strapping Gracie into her car seat to go home! Please continue to pray for our sweet baby. We consider each day we have with her a pure blessing.

10 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

It will be nice for you to have a night of good sleep - Enjoy!

shana said...

Enjoy your night off, we are sure praying for your little one. I can't believe she is on the home stretch! She will be home before you know it--that is such great news! We are all pulling for you and your sweet baby.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sweet girl with us! We check your blog daily and are so grateful for the example your family has shown of faith and living the Gospel. We know that prayer works...Gracie is proof of that! We will pray that things continue to go well and she is home SOON! I bet her brothers and sister are ready for Gracie to be home!

Kim said...

I was just thinking she looked chubbier in the pictures! Go Gracie! Things seem to be moving along now. Coming home will be a blessing and an adventure at the same time, I'm sure! We'll keep praying for you all.

Love, Kim
P.S. Tonight won't be the same without you. We'll miss you!

Gledhill said...

Gracie trully is our heroine. Wow, to think she is almost ready to go home where all of you will take such good care of her. I will continue to pray for her. We love our Gracie. My Love to all of you .
Grandpa Gledhill

Leslie said...

Did you really say home maybe next week? Wow! What a miracle. Thinking of you holding her in your family room brings tears to my eyes. It's going to be so fun, but so much work...that's what friends are for. I'm just waiting to get my shift assignment. How wonderful that we all feel like we already know Gracie. That little girl is adored my SO MANY! Thank you for allowing us to be on this journey with you. LOVE YA!

Matchbox Mom said...

I cannot believe it!!
She is ahhh-mazing!
I can't wait for you to take her home. She will be running around pig-tailed before you know it.
Sweet geeg! What a miracle she is!

Tam

Tiff said...

Wow to think that you guys are looking toward taking her home. That is such a miracle! Go gracie!

Grammy Staffy said...

We are happy that all is going well since the surgery. What a little trooper Gracie is. What a doll!

I don't think that I will waste you time writing any more comments, but I will continue to look at your blog each day. I will also continue putting Gracie's name in the Redlands temple and keep praying for her and your family. Good Luck with love.

Recovery Guru said...

I am so happy that Gracie is doing so well, she has been such a fighter during all of this! She is such a strong sweet spirit, what a miracle she is to all that have been praying for her! I love her cute chubby cheeks, Sydney came home weighing barely 7 pounds, I can't believe that Gracie is already at 11 pounds! Way to go Gracie girl, you are still in our prayers!
Caralee Baker