Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gracie's Obituary


Gracie Jean Gledhill
"Our Little Sweetheart"
Gracie Jean Gledhill, age 11 months, passed away Monday, March 2, 2009 due to complications from a congenital heart defect.

Gracie was born March 20, 2008 to Tom and Michele Gledhill in Salt Lake City, Utah. Words cannot express the love we have for our Gracie Girl. She captured the hearts of everyone who knew her. Her eyes looked into your soul. We cherished her smile, her sweet spirit and were in awe of her continual fight for life.

Gracie was our sunshine. Her light and amazing story was contagious. She deeply touched hundreds of people worldwide through her blog. She endured more trials, pain and affected more people than most of us will do in a lifetime. We are better people because of her and look forward to being a forever family.

She is survived by her parents, her loving brothers Max and Taylor and her sweet sister Callie. Grandparents; Grant (Arlene) Snow, Connie (Gary) Mayer, Katherine (Theron) Wiser, and Rhett Gledhill, along with many aunts, uncles and cousins.

We want to thank all of the amazing doctors and nurses from Primary Children’s Medical Center who not only cared for Gracie, but loved her too. We will be forever grateful for their service.

Funeral services will be Saturday, March 7, 2009 , 12:00 noon at the Highland South Stake Center, 9600 North 6800 West in Highland, Utah. There will be a viewing Friday evening from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the same location and from 11:00-11:45 a.m. prior to services. Services provided by Warenski Funeral Home. Interment: Highland City Cemetery.

Goodbye sweet girl……until we meet again. We love you!!
(Gracie's obituary will be in the Deseret News and the Salt Lake Tribune tomorrow (Thursday).)

192 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl!!!

Michelle Richard & Grace said...

What a beautiful obituary for a beautiful baby girl. You're family is in my thoughts.

Mommy Shar said...

What a beautiful Angel!! My heart goes out to your family. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. RIP Gracie Goodnight!

summergibbs said...

Absolutely beautiful! However, my heart is broken for you and your family. She is the most beautiful little girl and she will be missed by so many who knew her and those who didn't. I continue to pray for peace and comfort for your family. What an incredible instrument a testimony is when dealing with the loss of a loved one! How could we go on without the knowledge that we will see them again? Your beautiful baby is in our Heavenly Father's arms and anxious for the day that she will be able to greet your family on the other side.

Kim said...

Tom and Michele,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Gracie Girl with us through your blog. You're right she has touched our lives and made us better people. I'm sure your sweet angel is watching over you now.

Sending our love and prayers.
The Lambert's

Angie said...

Beautiful!!! You have been in my thoughts a lot and you are very strong. Stay strong knowing you will meet her again.

Andrea said...

Your blog has been such an inspiration to me! I love reading your thoughts on your precious Gracie!!!! I also am LDS and am so thankful for the knowledge that we have that we can be together forever!!!! She has touched my life! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am full of emotions for you and my heart goes out to your family. Your precious Angel Gracie will be watching over your family always!

Smburke said...

I just wanted to say how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Your family has been an inspiration and Gracie is in a wonderful place now. I have been following your blog because of a friend of a friend of a friend. But Gracie has definitely and thoroughly touched my family's lives. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Goodnight Gracie girl - be at peace.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I love reading your blog, she is such a cutie who I will always remember. I will keep your family in my prayers. Stay strong. Heaven is better with sweet Gracie Girl there.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I stumbled upon your blog, but my heart is so very touched by the pure and sweetness that this precious little girl brought to so many people...much like The SAVIORS love. Just so very touching for me. What a beautiful example of what a FAMILY should be. Blessings to you all.May your heart be comforted and may you all always remember her and where she is. How beautiful it will be when you all can be together again. Love from a blogger who just was drawn to your posts. THANK YOU FOR allowing strangers like me to read your precious story. Dayna Vancouver WA

The Shelley Family said...

What a fitting tribute to a beautiful soul! Gracie is absolutely adorable...and is blessed to have been loved so deeply and by so many.
Thanks again for sharing her with all of us...and for helping us put perspective on what really matters in this life..and the next!
I am still praying for you to find comfort and peace and this time...and for you to feel Gracie near to you :)
Your family is amazing...and a testimony to so many!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to a beautiful girl. I have followed your story for some time as our son was also diagnosed with HLHS, though his diagnosis changed at birth. I also discovered today that we are neighbors, we live in Cedar Hills. May you be blessed with strength during this time. You are in our prayers. Though we never met, your little Gracie Girl touched our lives.

The Simmons Family said...

Beautiful Obituary! I wish we were able to come and celebrate her life with you. We love you Gracie.

We continue to pray for you all.

lundgrenville said...

My heart is deeply touched by your sweet Gracie. Yes, her eyes captured the hearts of many. She is a beautiful girl...more beautiful now than ever. She is a choice little spirit...so perfect and pure. Heavenly Father must have needed her badly to have called her home so soon.
She will always be in our thoughts and prayers...and when I lay down my little Grayci at night...I will think of that sweet baby girl.
May you feel the spirit of the savior as you face the upcoming hours...days...weeks....months..and years. The Lord loves His children...all of them!
Gracie is your little angel now..and she is smiling watching from the heavens...
Goodnight Gracie girl...Goodnight!

lundgrenville said...

My heart is deeply touched by your sweet Gracie. Yes, her eyes captured the hearts of many. She is a beautiful girl...more beautiful now than ever. She is a choice little spirit...so perfect and pure. Heavenly Father must have needed her badly to have called her home so soon.
She will always be in our thoughts and prayers...and when I lay down my little Grayci at night...I will think of that sweet baby girl.
May you feel the spirit of the savior as you face the upcoming hours...days...weeks....months..and years. The Lord loves His children...all of them!
Gracie is your little angel now..and she is smiling watching from the heavens...
Goodnight Gracie girl...Goodnight!

hoLLy said...

what beautiful words for your dear little baby girl. i am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet baby gracie so soon. i couldn't help but cry as i read your blog today. i am so sad for you and my heart breaks. you are an amazing family that has inspired so many(i saw over 500 comments on one of your posts!). thank you for sharing your story and i pray for your family that you will find strength and peace. the next weeks and months aren't going to be easy and i will think of you and pray for you often. what a wonderful thing the gospel of Jesus Christ is-its wonderful to know we will see our lost loved ones again. and what a wonderful reunion that will be. lots of love and prayers from our family to yours. . .

Matchbox Mom said...

This is perfect...
We 'heart' Gracie...

Tami

Evie's Story said...

No one should have to write this for their child, yet you have so beautifully accounted for a life well lived. Praying you through these impossible days!

Evie's Story said...

No one should have to write this for their child, yet you have so beautifully accounted for a life well lived. Praying you through these impossible days!

Ben and Robbie and family said...

What a sweet tribute to your precious daughter. Our prayers will be with you as you prepare for the funeral this weekend, and the days and weeks beyond. May the Comforter give you the strength and peace to be able to carry on.

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Beautiful! I think of your family non-stop and will continue our prayers for you. Yesterday as I woke, my heart was so broken. Then I walked outside and saw and felt the clear, warm and beautiful blue sky. I couldn't help but think that it was Gracie trying to scatter happiness and sunshine to us all.

Debbie Petras said...

I am so sorry to read the news about Gracie. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. May the Lord comfort you during this most difficult time.

Bre said...

Thank you for sharing Gracie's life journey. She has made my life brighter by her amazing sweet spirit. She will never be forgotten.

Pam B said...

What a wonderful tribute to your precious baby girl "Gracie". May God give your family the strength to face the weeks ahead. My prayers will be with your family. God Bless You and know that Gracie is in a better place wrapped in God's loving arms.

The B Family said...

Very well said...Gracie captured EVERYONE's hearts!!!

We will be with you in thought and deep prayer on Friday evening and throughout the day Saturday. I know her service will honor her greatly!

Continued love & prayers~ Rebecca

laurel said...

What a beautiful obituary. We hope you all are holding up. We live close to you. In fact, my friend Jana has a baby boy named Benjamin buried in the Highland Cemetary. He died at 3 months of HLHS about 11 years ago. We continue our prayers for you.

Kaleena said...

I am so saddened by your loss. I cried so hard when I read your posts. I have been following this for awhile. Her smile in the photo for her obituary post is beautiful, as was she. I will never forget her or your family. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry. No parent should ever have to bury their child. I pray that knowing she is at peace now helps you find solace in the weeks or months ahead. Will pray for Gracie's siblings. I know their little hearts must be broken. Please continue to update us about them when you feel able.
In Christ,
Kaleena from TN

Anonymous said...

Oh what lovely words for your precious baby girl. God bless and continue to keep you close in the days and months to come.

Good bye Gracie.

jen said...

Beautiful Gracie. Beautiful obituary. I hope you are feeling the comfort and peace that so many are praying for you to feel right now.

Natalie said...

Beautiful tribute for a perfect little girl!

King J's Queen said...

Thank you for sharing Gracie with us. She is a beautiful little girl. Her obituary is a lovely tribute to her precious life.

May God bring you comfort and peace as you walk through this time of unimaginable sorrow.

Crystal said...

Wonderfully written, what a blessing she has been. She has touched so many lives. I look at life way different than I have in the past. I do not take the little things for granted anymore. Gracie will be missed and loved by people she has never even met... me being one of them. I heart gracie. May you have peace and comfort to get through this tough time in your life. You are in many prayers.

The Coatneys

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne said...

That was lovely. It's amazing how many lives can be touched by one small child. She was blessed to be in your family. Our prayers in your family's behalf will continue.

Heather & Greg said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl she is!!! Thank you for sharing her story with so many strangers, I pray you can feel the love of all of us as you go through out this journey.

Court and Britt said...

That was so beautiful!! I (Brittany) will actually be in Utah this weekend for a family event, I feel so privleged that I will be able to come to Gracie's viewing. Gracie along with your whole family have been such wonderful examples to us!! We love you and are continuing to pray for all of you!!

Nikki said...

I wish I had the words. . . .You have touched my heart and I am eternally grateful. It is with new perpective I will live my life and cherish my baby.

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing your sweet gracie girl with so many...
she has touched me in a way that words fail to describe. what a blessing she was and is!

may our gracious god give you all the peace that passes all of your understanding during this difficult time.

good night gracie girl you are loved very much!!
what an angel you are...

Anne said...

Beautifully written. And I just love the big smiley picture that you've used here, and on the top of her blog. She is a cute little angel!

If you haven't heard it yet, there is a song on the blog of the pianist whose music you've got playing (I can't remember his name) but he has a song on his blog called "Held" by Natalie Grant. I was just listening to that as I read Gracie's obituary and I was SO moved to tears that I looked up the lyrics on line. It is a beauitfully written song, and one that you might enjoy listening to. I am just so sad that Gracie has passed. It's hard to believe. I am so sorry for you guys.

mandy said...

I am so sorry for your loss! My thought and prayers are with you. I pray that you will continue to feel her sweet spirit as she now looks out for you from the other side of the veil.

Christie O'Connor said...

I only came across your blog yesterday, and literally from one day of "knowing" Gracie, am blinded by tears and grief for your family. I pray for your family during this difficult time, and hope that you continue to feel Gracie's strength and love from up above.

Kami said...

Thank you for sharing that tribute. I wish I still lived there so I could come and meet you all and say good bye to Gracie. I am so sorry for your loss, but am so grateful that you will be with her forever someday!

Leslie said...

This is Brendan Posting:

What a sweet little baby she was. Sweet Gracie, thank you for letting us be part of your short life. Our love, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kat said...

What a beautiful tribute.

I am one of the hundreds (if not thousands) of strangers whose life has been touched through Gracie. Thank you for being willing to share her story with us.

Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog through a prayer request...God Bless you all! She is a beautiful angel!

Marci said...

So beautifully written. What a sweet little angel. I hope you feel her love surrounding you right now, while you are having to do the unimaginable. Love you guys!

Miriam said...

May God be with you and your sweet family. Thanks for sharing with us. Looks like a lot of people love you. You don't know me--I came across this and was very touched.

asplashofsunshine said...

Peace sweet girl. Those eyes and adorable grin have made my day, my week, my month, my year... thank you for your smile.

Unknown said...

Gracie is such a beautiful baby. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye. :( I also had a daughter die from congenital heart defects. Her name is Anna. She lived for 6 1/2 years with heterotaxy, single ventricle, etc. Her problem was much like HLHS.

I'd love to keep in touch if you're interested. My email is on the sidebar of my blog.

Love,
Lynnette

Judy said...

Thank you for sharing Gracie with us! What a beautiful girl. Her eyes were always filled with light! What a gorgeous girl! Praying for all of you!

Scott McMillan said...

That was beautiful Tom and Michele! All our love. I wish I were closer to attend and honor Gracie's miraculous life and mortal mission. I know Gracie's spirit will be present from a much better world and of course will fill the room with her amazing love. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. We will continue to pray for your sweet family.

Twice as Nice said...

What a sweet angel. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The Twins.

Jill said...

Thank you for sharing Gracie with us. She was a BEAUTIFUL baby and I couldn't stop thinking about her all week. What a blessing to have the gospel in our lives and know that you will have her forever. My family's prayers are with you.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I couldn't stop the tears from falling. She is the most beautiful baby girl I have seen! No doubt a very special light shines from within and is cherished by all who know her. My heart ahd love goes out to her family and friends. I know she will be in His loving care, yet she will be greatly missed until you are all reunited! I will pray for comfort in this very difficult time.

Shelley said...

Simply beautiful words for a beautiful girl. The fact that they had to be written breaks my heart. Gracie and all of you are in my thoughts.

Michele said...

What a wonderful tribute to such a sweet little girl. My heart goes out to you in this very difficult time. I cannot imagine losing a child.

May God bless,
Michele

Brooke said...

That was perfect. What a loved baby girl. Thank you for the information on the funeral. I am going to do my best to make it. I am sure it is going to be an amazing service. I would so love to meet you and your amazing family if even for just a moment. Thank you Gledhill's.

Brooke Sanders
Cache Valley, UT

Anonymous said...

You do not know me. I stumbled across your blog through a friends blog. There are no words for this other than...Myself, my husband, and my entire family are sorrowed and are gieved by this and want you to know that others that you didn't know existed, somehow were drawn to your baby girl and that is NO ACCIDENT! The Lord lead me to you and you and your family are so close to my heart.

My heart is heavy and I have wept for you all...May the Lord be with you, guide you, comfort you, and give you a peace that passes all understanding in these trying days ahead...

Blessing
~Michelle Sorochman
Oklahoma

Sam and Lacey said...

Beatiful obituary, beatiful baby. I have not been able to quit thinking of your sweet daughter. She really has impacted many lives. I hope that she is up there having a play date with my daughters. Deepest Sympathy. I have the perfect book for you to read it is calle those who pass before the age of accountablility.

I heart Gracie!!!!

Natalie♥ said...

You wrote that just perfect! I am so glad that you shared it for all of us reading Gracie's blog. I am so sad that you have to do this, my heart hurts for you and I wish that the pain could go away for you. I can see in your Gracie's eyes that she was an angel so sweet and pure and how blessed we all have been to be able to see her and feel her sweet spirit through your blog. Thank you for sharing her with us, thank you for letting us learn so much from her, I have been blessed by finding your blog and reading Gracie's story. My heart goes out to you and may you feel comforted in the days to come. You are such a special family.

jaacs said...

That is a beautiful obituary for a beautiful, sweet little girl. What a blessing she has been to my family. Thank you for sharing her life with us. You are in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless you and keep you always.

Unknown said...

Michele, one of the miracles of this fight for life has been yours and tom's ability to write directly from the heart, at its most tender moments, and in turn touch every heart who was guided to Gracie's life as it unfolded. Gracie's blog is now a book waiting to be published, and yet you managed in your touching obituray to capture everthing that made our Gracie girl who she is. Depite all the heartaches, setbacks, inconveniences and a multiple other events you alway greeted your Gracie girl with the most loving joy any little soul could ever wish for, and this happened every time you came to her side. What a lucky little girl, and what a lucky family to have embraced and shared this remarkable life together. Those last little smiles and penetrating gazes will be cherished by us until we can see them once again. Goodbye our little Gracie girl.

Love, Grandpa & Grandma Snow

Allison said...

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful sweetheart. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with your family as you approach Gracie's life celebration on Saturday.

TotallyContent said...

Was directed to your blog from another. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. "We heart Gracie"

A fellow RS Sister from Columbia, SC

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Such a beautiful tribute. Your family are in my prayers.

girlsmama said...

Gracie and Family, thank you so much for sharing your life with us! Thank you for reminding us of the great blessing of eternal families. I hope that while you grieve the loss of Gracie here on earth the Holy Spirit will bring comfort and strength to you all at this time, until you meet again.

Grammy Staffy said...

This obituary is beautifully written. It is so true. Hundreds of us or probably thousands of us who will never meet you have come to love your family and Gracie through your touching blog.

I live in CA too far away to attend the funeral but how I wish that I could. My thoughts and prayers will be there with you.

May God bless you all. Love, Lura

Robin said...

Your little Gracie girl has touched my heart so deeply, we don't even know each other, but when I read about her passing it has been like a dear friend has left this world.I have no doubt that she will do much good in the heaven and will continue to bless her loving family. I am a dear friend of Heidi McMillian's, Tyler's mom another heart baby. Your sweet family is in my prayers for comfort and strength and
I am so grateful for the love your family has shared with all of us.

Unknown said...

What a perfect tribute to such a sweetheart. I am another one of those thousands who has been touched by your story. She must be an important spirit to be needed so much by our Heavenly Father. You are both such eloquent and beautiful writers, and are my heroes for driving that far every day and NEVER (in the 11 months I read your blog) complaining. Thank you so much, and you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sarah said...

I am SOOOO sorry to hear about Gracie's death and will be praying for your whole family,but especially for Max,Taylor and Callie.I'm sending hugs and prayers to you all...

mrsrubly said...

what a beautiful tribute to such a gorgeous spirit filled lil girl~Gracie. i am so sorry that your family had to even think about writing something like this. i will continue to pray for your family during these trialing and grieving times. good night sweet Gracie. you have definately changed the lives of people you didn't even know, just me being one, let alone the hundreds of people who came to read your blog daily and hourly. my heart is just aching for your family. i am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter has impacted my life tremendously and im only 14. I found this blog only 4 days ago and fell in love with your little girl. I just wanted to express my deepest sympathy for you and your family. I will pray for you to find peace in knowing you will see your sweet Gracie again.

♥ Goodnight Gracie Girl ♥

Susy said...

and there she will rest...
deep in your soul....
till you see her again....
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Connie and Gary said...

Tom and Michele:
For those of us to got to hold and love this sweet child, and to see the depth of love you had for her, thank you. We stand in awe at your strength and marvel at the love people all over the world have for this little angel. We are so fortunate to have eternal families and the knowledge of seeing her again.
Grandpa and Grandma Mayer

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful remembrance. Gracie truly did touch many, many lives. I, for one, will never forget her beautiful face. Words cannot express how sorry I feel for your family. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I know there is not, so please know I'm praying.
God bless,
Millie and Colin-HLHS

Andrea said...

I just found your blog a few days ago and was captured by your beautiful Gracie girl's spirit! What a gift she was/is to so many! Her obituary is beautiful! May your family find peace through Him! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Tom and Michelle,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Gracie has been and will continue to be inspiration to us all. Thank you for your example of faith and thanks to Gracie for her example of strenght and will.

Love, The Rowley's

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful daughter. Thanks for sharing your faith, courage and this journey with the world. You are incredible parents and will be blessed now as you more forward with a new perspective on life, and take your experience and bless the lives on others. Debbie Mitchell

Allie said...

Beautiful tribute for a truly beautiful child. I know it's not much, but I would like to offer my services to Michele. I work in Heber and do Xtreme Lashes lash extensions. When our best friends husband passed away from cancer this fall I applied lash extension to my friend so she wouldn't have to worry about makeup or running mascara during hard moments and during the funeral. Michele, you don't know me, but if you're interested I would love to do the only thing I can and offer a free full set of lashes. If you want feel free to call me 435-671-0012

Mandy and Alex said...

My heart is breaking for you and your family. Although, we will never meet I want you to know that my tears and my prayers are with you and your family during such a tragic and sad time.

Summer said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend...you are continually in my thoughts and prayers. I cry out to God on behalf of your family. Thank you for sharing your life. We are all learning through you.

Stacy said...

What a perfect tribute to your Sweetheart Gracie! Your words are simply perfect. I cannot believe how "right on" your comment about her eyes looking into your soul, I have always been captivated by the beautiful picture you have of her on the header of your blog...its those beautiful deep eyes that just grab ahold of you! Each time I open your blog I just anticipate those beautiful eyes! I continue to weep daily for your earthly loss and the pain you are feeling, but rejoice in knowing you will one day be together with your Gracie Girl. May God continue to provide each of you with comfort and peace in the difficult days ahead. You will be in my thoughts and prayers more than ever during your life celebration of Gracie Girl! I HEART GRACIE! Goodnight Gracie Girl, I hope to have the chance to meet you in Heaven!

Stacy said...

What a perfect tribute to your Sweetheart Gracie! Your words are simply perfect. I cannot believe how "right on" your comment about her eyes looking into your soul, I have always been captivated by the beautiful picture you have of her on the header of your blog...its those beautiful deep eyes that just grab ahold of you! Each time I open your blog I just anticipate those beautiful eyes! I continue to weep daily for your earthly loss and the pain you are feeling, but rejoice in knowing you will one day be together with your Gracie Girl. May God continue to provide each of you with comfort and peace in the difficult days ahead. You will be in my thoughts and prayers more than ever during your life celebration of Gracie Girl! I HEART GRACIE! Goodnight Gracie Girl, I hope to have the chance to meet you in Heaven!

Diana said...

That was beautiful!! She did touch more people then most can imagine. I keep thinking of your other kids. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. God did get a special little angel this week.

Jane said...

So sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Gracie. Our family has faced the loss of our daughter Ramona to CHD many times. I pray that should we ever lose her we will be able to face her death with the beautiful and loving spirit your family has. God bless you as you grieve. You will be in my prayers today and whenever I pray for my own sweet girl. You are an inspiration.

Tina said...

Beautiful. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl.

Sending you hugs and prayers from here.

kbryan said...

Your family is in my prayers, please let the many people that share your pain, lighten your heavy hearts just a little bit. I am so, so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter. Try and take solace in that you carry her in your hearts forever.

Lusche said...

I'm not sure how to write this. I have started dozens of times, and hopefully this one will say what I hope to say. We weep with you over the loss of your sweet Gracie. We are some of those hundreds that she touched via her blog. Thank you baby Gracie for touching our hearts...Thank you family Gledhill for showing how much families can love one another...and your hope in Christ and his Gospel. We will continue praying for you during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing your Gracie with us. She makes us want to be better people. We extend our love to your family. With love, Will & Lusche Groberg

Angela said...

What a beautiful tribute.. I have been checking your blog every now and then for news of Gracie after the previous post.. I am sad and I am sure many more are out there.. to have Gracie slip away from us and this world. My deepest condolence. But I rejoice for you & your family for the joys and beautiful moments that she brought into all your lives. Her coming into all your lives had a purpose and she will continue to be with all of you in spirit. Goodbye Gracie Sweet Girl.

Hugs,
Saul to Paul, xoxoxox

Heidi Ann said...

A perfect obituary for a perfect girl! Thinking of you always!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I just found your blog tonight. I was not able to read much of your blog, because we too have lost a baby girl due to complications of a hypoplastic left heart. My heart breaks for you and your family. I know how difficult it is to explain such a thing to your children and to make sure that they are able to grieve properly, they way they need to, that is my biggest worry.

I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain, but I will keep your family in my prayers.

Amy

mom said...

I definitely feel like a better person by "knowing" your family through your blog. Thank you for sharing your sweet Gracie with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Patty

Nicole said...

She is such a beautiful girl with a spirit that radiates love! Thank you for sharing your story, you've reminded me what a precious gift our children are! I hope your family will have a sense of peace during this difficult time!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your precious baby girl, my heart breaks for you and your family. Praying for y'all.

Susan said...

Lifting you up in prayer in these most difficult of days. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Rob said...

Sending love and hugs:)

sasha said...

first of all may i just say, gracie is absolutely beautiful.

and thank you so much for sharing gracie's story with everyone. she was a very very special girl. she was so special that she didn't have stay on this planet for that long to reach her celestial glory. it seems like she's touched so many people lives already... she has definitely touched my heart... and i've never met her.

your family will be in our prayers.

Baguleys said...

What beautiful words for such a beautiful girl. Our hearts go out to your family at this difficult time. You will constantly be in our thoughts and prayers. You have been amazing examples to everyone with your spirit in dealing with all the hardships. we love you guys!

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

I am orginially from Annabella (UT) and now live in San Diego. That was such a beautiful tribute to your little baby girl. I wish I was closer so I could come meet you and say goodbye to your little angel who has impacted my life so much!

Your family and Gracie have taught me not to take things for granted!! My house has been a little messier these past couple weeks so I could spend more time playing with my 2 kids. I have even spent many nights sleeping on their bedroom floor, just so I could be close to them! Those are the main things Gracie taught me, but there are so many more! She will ALWAYS remind me to live life to its fullest and enjoy every single moment you have with those you love!

My family will continue to pray for yours, especially your children. Thank you for sharing and being such amazing examples!!

April and Jared Fenn said...

I'm sorry for your loss and pain. I pray that we never have to go through something like this. Thanks for sharing your story. Prayers are with you.

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog for a few days now and am so saddened. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl.

McKenzie Hansen said...

My heart just breaks for all your family has been through. It just doesn't seem right to have such a beautiful and innocent baby girl have such a hard time, but everyone can tell that her life was bigger than just her 11 months here on earth. She is an angel meant for bigger things. Thanks for sharing your story with so many people.

Dave and Gretchen said...

Still thinking of your family and praying for you all. I love Gracie's pretty little smiley face in this picture. I imagine she looks happy like this now.

Kate said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your precious daughter. Praying for your family.

Stacia Howard said...

What a beautiful tribute!
My heart breaks for you & your family at such a sorrow filled time. My God use your story to his glory! Praise God Gracie girl is no longer suffering. I pray for his healing in your life as I know it must filled with such pain no parent or sibling should feel. I will be praying for you all. ((HUGS))

Jen said...

What a beautiful rememberance of such a tough little girl. She is forever an angel now.

Denise said...

Garcie's mission on this earth was short but her light and her life is far reaching. May the Lord continue to bless and comfort you thru this difficult time.

Kaidence's Nanna

Lindsay Dean said...

Beautifully written. Gracie and the entire Gledhill family will be in our hearts forever!
Love and heart friends always~
The Dean's
JR, Suzie, Cole, Cruz, and Lindsay

Crystal Oh said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. Beautifully written and you all will be in my prayers.

Tracy said...

We have followed your story as members of the Mayer's ward. Your sweet daughter and family have been in our prayers often over the course of the last year. What a sweet little baby you were blessed with. We are so sorry for your loss. We wish you comfort and peace at such a difficult time from our family to yours.

Jen said...

My heart aches for you all. I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you all and your beautiful angel baby girl.

HOPE said...

We do not need a special day
To bring you to our minds.
The days we do not think of you
Are very hard to find.

Each morning when we awake,
We know that you are gone.
And no one knows the heartache
As we try to carry on.

Our hearts still ache with sadness
And secret tears still flow.
What it meant to lose you
No one will ever know.

Our thoughts are always with you,
Your place no one can fill.
In life we loved you dearly;
In death we love you still,

There will always be a heartache,
And often a silent tear.
But always a precious memory
Of the days when you were here.

If tears could make a staircase,
And heartaches make a lane,
We'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you home again.

We hold you close within our hearts;
And there you will remain,
To walk with us throughout our lives
Until we meet again.

Our family chain is broken now,
And nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.
~ Author unknown~

Danielle said...

That was a beautiful tribute to her little, sweet life. Although she went through many trails and problems, I can't imagine the amount of love that she experienced every step of the way. I just wanted you to know that her short life, has inspired me to be a better mother to my little ones. As I go through each day and I have a choice to loose my patience or read with them instead of doing dishes, I think of her- and I remember that families are the most important thing. I am praying for you all- have been and will be for a long time. We will be thinking of you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I already love her and I don't know her. Our prayers are with you..Im so sorry you didn't get to keep her for long but so glad you had her for as long as you did. Lotsa love from Washington State

plaidspolitics said...

Oh, my goodness! A beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. I can't belive it, though. The address of the church! That is the same building we had Dominic's funeral. I will pray for a comfort there that we had with us that day. I still remember standing there, speaking, and feeling suddenly as if my son's arms were wrapped around ME! It seems strange to think of your baby holding YOU, but perhaps Gracie will grant you this same comfort. Someday, I'll understand why things in life go the way they do. Why "coincidences" happen, and lives cross paths in ways never expected.

I hope this isn't out of place, but since the location brought back so much about our experience with Dominic's funeral, it made me think about what I would have liked to know before. I was never told that we could dress him for his burial. It is something we were able to do with Bridget, and if you didn't already know about this, it might be something you would consider.

Isabelle said...

Dear Gledhill family,
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl. We will be in thoughts and prayers with you on Saturday and every day through this extremely difficult time of your life. Gracie will always be in our prayers as well as you Michele and Tom, Max, Taylor and Callie.
Gracie was a beautiful little baby on earth and a is a beautiful little angel in Heaven looking after all of us.
We love you little Gracie.
-Isabelle

Jan's Blog said...

I've been blessed to know your family, and your Gracie Girl through this blog. I've prayed and rejoiced and mourned and laughed and cried right along with you, along with all the thousands that have become devoted to your angel daughter. We love you, and have your names in the temple, and we lift you up as often as we can. I hope that you know that "You are all in the arms of His love" as you suffer through this horrific loss. Know that all you have lost will be restored to you and that Heavenly Father is walking this path right beside you, and when you feel you can't go on, He will pick you up and carry you forward. Much love and many prayers...Jan

kerryhankins said...

Dear Gracie's Family,

I happened to see Gracie's obituary in the paper this morning.What a precious girl! For some reason, I knew it must haave been Hypoplastic left Heart...We lost a daughter five years ago to the the same condition...my heart and prayers go out to you and your family...

Love, a mother who knows...

Kimberly said...

I, like so many others, am a stranger to you, and I just found this blog yesterday. I read every entry and was completely touched by Gracie's (and your whole family's) journey. I'm so sorry for your loss and will do the only thing I can, which is pray for you.

Stephanie said...

Tears in my eyes rolling down my cheeks. I've had you on my mind the last couple of days. My heart and prayers are with you all during this time. Please know that Gracie made a difference in my life..she has made me realize that we don't always have tomorrow and made me hold my children alittle tighter. I can never let you know how much it means that you allowed me to follow Gracie's story. I will always remember her!

Mama Mimi said...

It is through a tear stained face and an aching heart that I send you my condolences. You do not know me. I am a stranger. But I share in your grieving for you Sweet Gracie. I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless and comfort you.

Chic Runner said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful little girl who belongs to a wonderful family. Praying for your family.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your family has been in my mind and heart this past week. What a beautiful tribute to your sweet, sweet daughter.

I am praying for your little family.

Jen

Miss Tanya said...

Over the past two years I have had the privelege to love your Callie and hear all the wonderful stories Callie has shared about her "baby Gracie". My heart is so saddened by all that you have been through! You are an amazing family and I am that much more blessed to have gotten to know you all! I pray your hearts will be filled with love from all of us who love you and we will remember and miss baby Gracie dearly! If there is ANYTHING I can do please let me know!!! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Amy said...

Beautiful...Just like your Gracie Girl. I'm sorry for your loss.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

may the strength and power and grace of the lord bring you peace in this very difficult time. i am adding you all to my prayers. may god bless you and bring you peace and strength.

Alisha said...

I just found your blog ...
There are no words ...
I am so sorry for your loss ...
Heaven is truly a brighter place, and I am sure she is up in Heaven playing with all the other babies and kids.

God Bless you all, and you will be in my prayers.

Shanna said...

I want you to know we are still praying for you! I can't help but ache for your loss. She is beautiful and I have said this every time, but she is a perfect spirit you can tell!

Jenn said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I have been praying for your Gracie, and will continue to pray for all of you in the days to come.

Janet said...

I just became aware of Gracie and her blog on Tuesday, the day after her passing. I have read all of the entries and just want to say how truly sorry I am that, despite all of your efforts to keep her alive, her little body couldn't take anymore. My heart goes out to your entire family. I will be praying for peace, comfort, patience, wisdom, and rest. God Bless.

Prayerfully,

COLE'S Prayer Team
Janet Inman--Indianapolis, IN

Jess said...

Gledhill Family-
We know what you are going through at this time and also know there are no words to make you feel better as there were non for us, but know we will be praying for your family.
Love, Paul, Jessica, Karleigh, Raegan and Angel Isaac Brimley

sle said...

She is beautiful and I am so sorry that God called her home so soon. Your family will be in my prayers.

Angie N Johnson said...

Such a beautiful, sweet Angel. Our hearts go out to all of you and you are all in our prayers.

Love,
Angie, Lynzie and Devon

~Sara~ said...

We are praying for you.

Sara & Family

Karm said...

I've been thinking of Gracie Girl all day today...can't get her off my mind. She still inspires me...she always will. I am so grateful for your willingness to share not only her but so much of yourselves with all of us. Thank you and I continue to pray that your famly will be encircled about in the arms of HIS love.
Karmen

Kristy/"Grammie" said...

Tom & Michelle, we are Jaime & Brian Coatney's father & wife...our love and prayers go out to you and your family at this time. May God be with you! ♥Dean & Kristy Pewitt

Malisa said...

Your family and Gracie are an inspiration! I just want you to know that you are in my heart and prayers! I have been reading about gracie since she was 2 days old. What a special angel you have. She is a beautiful little girl!

Michelle M. said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I just want to say how saddened I am for your loss. You will be in our prayers.

kdance10 said...

Tom & Michelle
My life has forever been touched by your beautiful Gracie. I am also so very grateful for eternal families. Your in our prayers

The Dance Family

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through another and your story has touched me deeply. May God bless your family and help you find peace and healing, until you hold your sweet baby girl again. You are such strong, dedicated and loving parents - an inspiration to many. Goodnight Gracie.

Marilyn said...

Michelle,
I am so saddened at the loss of your beautiful daughter. She had a wonderful mother who was there for her every step of the way.
We feel privileged to attend her memorial service on Saturday.
I want to also tell you what an important person your mother Connie has been to me in my life. She raised a wonderful family, and so I am not surprised that her daughter Michelle could be such a fabulous mom to her children Max, Taylor, Callie, and Angel Gracie.

Katie said...

Beautifully done...our prayers, thoughts and hearts go out to your precious family. We'll be with you in "spirit" this weekend...may God bless you and bring you much comfort during these difficult days. We heart Gracie!!!
Love & heart hugs,
The Allreds
Bryan, Katie, Jace, Caden & Maddie

The Gee Family said...

Tom, Michele, Max, Taylor and Callie- We pray for each one of you daily and hope that you are feeling the love and light of Christ and all of us during this difficult time. Gracie is right there along side each one of you loving and watching over you. She is a special angel that will be with you forever until you meet again. Her tribute is so beautiful and summed up her short 11 months so well. You have a special way of writing that touches so many hearts. We love you all and know there will be many hard days ahead. We pray that you will be comforted and able to feel Gracie's presence and love. It is with such peace to have the knowledge that families are forever and one day we will all be together again. We are so fortunate to live so close and feel priveleged to be able to attend her special services to celebrate her life. Our thoughts and prayers will be ever strong especially these next few days and in the days to come for each one of you. We love you so much. Keep the faith, stay strong and know we are praying for all of you! Love, Jared, Staci, Emma, Ethan and Hannah Gee

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I know what it's like to have a sick child, and while there are no words just know you are in my prayers.

Jennifer Ortiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ada's Girl said...

What a heartache for you and your dear children and the rest of us who have been following this blog. We're reminded of how thankful we are for the knowledge and covenants that allow families to be together forever.
I have been on this journey with you and have kept Gracie Girl and you in our prayers. May the Lord continue to bless you and to keep you. Our deepest sympathy to you all.
Judith and David Nielson

Christine said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We've had two children born with a heart defect and our only daughter passed away last year. Our greatest comfort is our children we still have, they keep us smiling. Your family will be in our prayers.

{krista} said...

She was a beautiful little girl. I am so sorry for your loss.

MaddyChristine Hope-Brokopp said...

I wish you all the best for tomorrow. I pray you will FEEL and KNOW you all are cared for by God. He is your Daddy! I hope lots of beautiful memories of Gracie will be lifted up. All the best!

Samantha said...

My heart breaks for the sadness you have to endure. I can't pretend to imagine what you must be going through, but I'm so sorry. What a beautiful little girl.

Heart on my sleeve said...

I just learned of your blog through my daughter-in-law, April. What a beautiful little girl and a blessing you have had in your life. My heart goes out to you and your family. Till you meet again. Deborah

McMemories said...

You all will be in our thoughts and prayers this weeekend, xoxo

Trent and Melanie said...

I learned about your precious daughter through my sister, who came across your blog. I would like to pass along my sympathy and tell you that your daughter is/was beautiful! What a wonderful knowledge it is that we will be together again with our loved one's who have passed before. I pray that your family continues to have peace throughout this time.

~ The Clegg Family

Bartel's said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your BEAUTIFUL Gracie Girl. My tears are over flowing.
~Kristi from WI

Bartel's said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your BEAUTIFUL Gracie Girl. My tears are over flowing.
~Kristi from WI

Erica May said...

My heart just hurts for you all!! I know Gracie is in heaven and has a brand new perfect heart! We know the life of living with a CHD is hard and we will pray for peace and rest!
God Bless you all!

Erica May
Carepage:EmersonBanksMay
HLHS

Mary C. said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I read about your Gracie last year on a friend's blog ad have been checking in periodically. Your little one must have been a very special lady to have not needed to be tested in this life. Gracie's story has changed mine. Thank you for sharing her life with us. May you have all of the blessings of peace and comfort. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt and Krachel said...

Thank you for sharing some of the most intimate times of your life with the rest of us. What a fighter Gracie was... and boy did she fight 'til the end. I can't stop the tears from flowing as I read through your most recent posts. My heart weeps for your family. What a blessing to know that she's in a place where she doesn't feel pain anymore... thank you and may God bless you.

Krachel - West Jordan

KATE said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sweet Baby Girl with all of us. You and your sweet family are so amazing. You are all still in our prayers.

Love,
The Algers

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Gracie,

You looked so beautiful tonight and I had an overwhelming feeling that your spirit truly is happy now. That has brought me so much comfort this night. I will continue to pray for your sweet family as I know that you will continue to watch over them.

Rachel said...

What a truly beautiful tribute to a beautiful baby girl !!
My heart goes out to your family as well as my prayers.
Thank You for sharing your story.
God Bless,
Rachel and Ianna Abate

Rene said...

I'm so sorry. I haven't been following your blog for long, but I've been praying for Gracie since I found it last week. I know your pain and heartache. I lost my son to complications from his CHD 6 months ago too.

May you find comfort in knowing she will always be in your hearts and that you WILL be with her again!

Rene Dereksen
Forever, Tommy's Mommy

Anonymous said...

I found you through the incredible "heart family" that we were born into when our little "Karlee" began her heart journey in January. Our connection is through Little Maddie, and Mia's sites. SO many mixed emotions at this time. First, it was "thank you" for I know the struggles that this journey has been, and she is FREE! Secondly, it was again, "thank you" for God placing little Gracie in the perfect family for her! Your lives are richer, because of Gracie...and oh how many sweet memories you have amongst all of the trials that you faced. Thirdly, I had to be thankful for the strength, hope, peace and comfort that God himself envelopes us in...without it, where would we be? Lastly, I was compelled to reach out to your children...Gracies time with you was short, it changed your family, and you all three gave so selflessly...for Gracie's best interests. Those are gifts that no one but you three could give, so know that Gracie saw your sacrifices, she felt your love and she is your biggest supporter. Your baby and the memories you cherish of her will catapult you to greatness in your lives. It's okay to be sad...but always remember it is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved. You were blessed to have her, if even for such a short time. Take care~you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Gracie...thank you, now rest!

Amanda Groulx said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully we will all lead our lives a little better to honor those who didn't have the chance.

Love and peace,
Amanda Groulx
(Lindsay Dean's friend)

Kim Hancock said...

My prayers are with your family!

Kim Hancock said...

My prayers are with your family!

Meg Wolff said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby, Gracie.

cyndi/mom/nana said...

I am so sorry for your loss of such a sweet life such as Gracie's. My heart aches for you and my knees pray for strength for you and your family. I am a grandmother who has lost a granddaughter and looking at how beautiful Gracie is I can only imagine the pain I know words are just words right now but please know we all love you and we all loved Gracie even in spirit not knowing her personally but feeling of her sweet smile and loving family. How great must be her joy to be walking along side our Savior as we think of her and pray for strength. Take care know you are loved.

Matchbox Mom said...

Thinking of you today. All our love

The Petersons

TUTU Monkey said...

I have no words......my heart aches for you and your family. Your tribute to Gracie is beautiful. Many prayers will be said from our family to yours.

(((( B I G H U G)))))))

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was a beautiful, spirit filled service today. Gracie really has touched our lives. Hugs for you all.

Back Porch Blessings said...

Thank you so much for the gift of Gracie, you allowing us to come into her life and be blessed so by her sweetness is a true deed of unselfish love. She was an angel on earth and is now an angel in heaven. We will all miss her so and will pray for strength for you and your family. My heart aches for you but rejoices with our Father in heaven for now he can be blessed and awwed by Gracie. She is now healed and made perfect. What a wonderful thought to know that she is looking down from heaven with a heart full of love and wings of an angel.
Goodnight sweet girl.

Katy said...

Continued prayers for your family as you walk through this time in your lives! May HE embrace you and hold you up as you take this walk together.

~Kate

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I don't know you or your family, but your story truly touched me. I am so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.
You and Gracie have helped my testimony of eternal families grow and I love you for it.
Thank you for being a part of my life.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Surely, she is dancing.

Newmans said...

We heard the funeral was beautiful and that Gracie looked like a porcelin doll - just gorgeous. We wish we could've been there. We send all our love.

Todd, Janelle and girls

Elizabeth said...

You don't know me but I found your blog through a friends and just found out that our sons share the same 1st grade teacher. I have been so touched by your little Gracie. I have a little Gracie Girl my self. My dearest condolences go out to your family. I have been praying for your little Gracie for as long as I have been following your blog. She is in the care of our Heavenly Father now and is looking down on her sweet family feeling so proud that she belongs to you. May God be with your family through this hard time is our prayer. Thank you for touching our lives for the better by sharing this spirtual journey!!!

Kele said...

God bless your family.

Laurie said...

Although we don't know your family, we've been following sweet Gracie from the very beginning. I'm not even sure how we came across her story but my husband and I just wanted to express our deepest sympathies for your loss. Your sweet family has definitley earned its wings and will be together with that sweet girl again one day.

Em said...

Gledhills,
There have been many prayers and many thoughts and condolences that have been felt for your sweet family. We know how hard it is, and what a blessing sweet Grace will continue to be to your family. Allow yourselves to mourn. Mourning is not a quick thing, and although each day the pain will subside little by little, there will still be the days where it seems the pain of the losing Gracie will too much to bear. That is when you will remember that Gracie is near you, even if you do not feel her physically. Our children remain close, and are continually checking in on us and protecting us. They whisper to our spirits their love. So stay close to our loving Heavenly Father, and he will bless you with the feelings of Gracie and the sweet peace that soothes the soul. We are still checking in on you. We still wonder how things went and how your family is. So know that even after everything settles down, there will still be countless amounts of people checking in to make sure you guys are doing okay. Hang in there.
All our prayers and love,
Emily and Mike Gourley

Natalie♥ said...

I am thinking about you today.

Jana said...

I am a friend of Anne and Ali Hillstead and stumbled across your blog. Your precious daughter and amazing story of devotion will forever touch my life. I have an 8 1/2 month old son that I couldn't help but think of while reading, and the pain I imagined is probably only a fraction of the reality you are feeling. I will be praying for you and your family and sending as much love as I can your way. Sincerely, Jana Keane

Anonymous said...

michele, can you post the poem tom read at the funeral? it was so sweet, we love you guys..

muglestons

The Stevens Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that knowledge of the gospel helps bring peace to your family. Thank you for sharing her story.

The Stevens Family

Tara D. said...

What a beautiful little girl Gracie is. And yes, Heaven truly is better now with little Gracie there. Your family is in my prayers.
Much love,
Tara

Heath said...

I hope you are doing as well as is expected. I wanted to make it to the funeral to show my thanks to your family but we had a combined baptism/blessing for our nieces that went overtime. I heard that it was beautiful...of course it was! I wouldn't expect anything less than pure Beauty from your family. I think of you each day and wonder how you guys are doing. I mostly think and pray for, Max, Taylor and Callie, that the spirit is manifesting comfort to them.

Luvs...Heath

M.E. said...

Thank yo for sharing your family's story with all of us. I do not know you, but we do have friends in common. Your love and patience has touched my life deeply. I believe that I am a better mother for having met gracie through your blog. My prayers are with your family.

Laura said...

Thank you for allowing your sweet angel to touch my heart forever. Though we've never met, my heart aches for you, and knowing that life is eternal and families are forever becomes ever so tender a testimony. My heart and prayers reach out to you.

Benjamin, Lindsey, Brewer and Roxi Fund said...

I have been quitetly following this blog since baby Gracies' birth. I havn't posted yet...why I'm not sure but I feel impressed to post now. You have been such a strength to me and your little girl has been such a light in my life. even thought I have not met you or her my heart aches for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I know that baby Gracie is with our Heavenly Father and that he is happy to have her home. I know she will be a great strenght to those on the other side of the veil. Know that I love your family even though we have never met. My prayers are with you!!!

Bonnie said...

God bless your little family forever! Our faith helps so much doesn't it? Your reunion is for sure~Christ's grace for us all.

Crystal Renee said...

God Bless your family!