Our sweet baby goes in to surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00a.m. The plastic surgeon said that she needs to have a skin graft to speed up the healing of her wound. They will but the breathing tube back down her throat because they have to anytime they sedate someone that heavily which is required for surgery. They hope to have her extubated before they bring her out of surgery......I certainly hope so. They take the skin from her upper thigh and it will be covered by a special bandage that helps promote healing. The skin graft will also make her wound heal nicer without massive scar tissue. They will put the wound vac back on her with the hopes of taking it off entirely on Monday.
Gracie coughs and gags quite a bit during her day. I talked to the doctors and nurses and we decided to have the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) team come down and put a scope down her nose to see if there was anything wrong with her vocal chords or throat. They came by and did that tonight around 7:00p.m. They did not find anything abnormal. They plan on taking a closer look tomorrow morning while she is under anesthesia to rule out any other abnormalities.
So, if all goes well, I think we could be moving to the third floor either over the weekend or on Monday. Please pray for our sweet baby as she yet again, endures another surgery. Thanks for all of your support.
p.s. Gracie is 9 weeks old today! Wow, it really feels like we have been here forever!
5 comments:
We will be praying for you guys. I hope you get to the floor soon. Are you still doing shots? All I can say is enjoy your sleep while you can, I am exhausted.
Oh! Sweet Gracie!!! She's endured so much already. We will be praying and fasting for her tomorrow.
Thank You again, for sharing her with us. She makes me smile everyday.
Tami
Our family will keep you in our prayers. Poor thing! Roman gagged too a lot and they never found any reason. However, after he was repaired he stopped doing it. She is the cutest little thing. Keeping her our thoughts today. Romans family
Michele and Tom,
Sounds like things are looking up, with a few more bumps in the road. We sure think about her (and your family alot)--I guess Ally knew what she was talking about when she prays for her surgery. So sorry to hear she has to go through another surgery, hopefully this one will be less intense and she will have a quick recovery!
YAY!!!
Post a Comment