
Callie having a chat with her sis
The kids playing peek a boo with Gracie
The Girls
Callie took Gracie's mitten off so she could hold her hand.I have had the best Mother's Day. I woke up to a homemade breakfast made by Tom and the kids. They made homemade pancakes with homemade syrup, bacon, and hashbrowns. The kids each gave me a present that they made at school. Tom gave me a blue tooth for my cell phone (for all my calls driving to and from the hospital!) flowers, and some jewelry. Tom also wrote me a 3 page letter that was really sweet. To top it off, Tom hand washed my car yesterday!! And, this was all done before 9:00 a.m. church! Tom and I went to church for the first time together with the kids. It was good to see everybody again. My mom and her husband Gary were able to go up early this morning and be with Gracie until we got there in the afternoon. (Thanks Mom!! Happy Mother's Day) We went to the hospital with the kids after church, they had a good time.
Gracie has had a good couple of days. She pulled out her feeding tube late the night before last so she had to go down to the Fluoro department to get a new one put in. They have decreased her high flow nose cannula down to a 3 which is the lowest they will go before changing her to a regular oxygen nose cannula. They are also weaning her down off her pain medication.
Hopefully this week will bring nothing but improvements. Go Gracie Girl!
22 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day! You deserve it! Way to go Tom! Glad to hear Gracie is continuing to improve - sleep well sweet girl! You too Michelle - and Happy Mother's Day!
Love,
Melissa
Happy Mother's Day, Michele. It sounds like it was a great one. I love the pictures...perfect Mother's day pictures. You all look so happy. I'm so glad this week has brought some good improvements and I hope that they will continue. Good job with the letter, Tom. Those are things we treasure forever. Love you guys, Susan
Love the pictures! What a better Mother's Day than to be together as a family. Callie looks like she's having a great time with Gracie. Happy Mother's Day Michele!
Love,
Winnie
p.s. Go Geeg!
Yea for a great Mother's Day! How blessed we are to have a day to realize how amazing it is to be a mother and to honor all the different mothers we have had in our lives---especially our very own mother! As the years go by I realize more and more how amazing my mother is. I am sure that baby Gracie will think the same of you--the fact that you have been an amazing mother to her--being there everyday for her, always trying to figure out what you can do to help her! You deserve to be honored today! :)
We continue to pray and hope that all goes well this week! Good luck!:)
What a wonderful Mother's day! Gracie and Ryker would have been great friends-Ryker too LOVED to pull out his tubes and I love the spunk! I hope you have many more wonderful Mother's days and your go Gracie!
Hugs and mother's day wishes,
Emily and Mike Gourley
We love all the pictures! Looks like a great day for all. What a wonderful husband and family you have. Not to mention a SWEET baby. Take care!
What beautiful pictures for Mother's Day with your wonderful husband and all four kids! Keep it going Gracie - we all can't wait to meet you!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Happy Mother's Day!
So glad to hear you had a nice day. Just to let you know I totally got the Geeg thing...It just sounds like you and Steph to come up with that. I even know the voice you use when you say it! I just thought it was from Gracie Girl instead of her intitials! You guys are goofs! You know I love it!!! Come on Geeg! Breathe! Then you can move to your own private suite and hang out with your mommy!
Love you lots,
Kim
You couldn't ask for a better Mother's Day! You are the best mom and you deserve it. Gracie looks so healthy and strong. I can't wait for the day when she is going to church with you all! She has defied all odds...what an angel.
I love all the pictures...the family picture is so awesome, you all look so happy! :) Looks like it was a great day, Happy Mother's Day! You are a super mom!!
Really glad to hear how well things are going, and that the kids are getting to see Gracie. Very cool. And Happy Mother's day!
Looks like you spent the day celebrating so many wonderful things...motherhood, Gracie's improving health, family togetherness, and had a great time! I LOVE the picture of Callie playing with her little sister...what a blessing! Sounds like Tom was his usual amazing self and showered you with great stuff! Tell him he needs to write a book about "How to give your wife the perfect gift!" I'm not dogging on my own hubby, but Tom has a talent for that kind of thing! Can't wait for more good news!
Thanks for being such an awesome mom and inspiring me!!!
This is what it's all about....I can tell there is so much love in this family. You seem to be very blessed Michelle. Thanks for sharing your lovely day and GG's improvements. I love it!
Teresa
VA
My son, Kai was in room 9 in the PICU in April, he is tetralogy of Fallot and had to have emergency surgery the weekend we came home from adopting him in China. I met Grace's family then and I have found your blog from a link on their blog (they told me that there was also a Gracie in the PICU). I remember seeing you and I wish that I had met you, but I was so consumed with all that was going on with our son, I wasn't very social...
I think that you are so inspirational. You help me put things in perspective. I love reading your blog (sorry, I have become addicted). Your Mother's Day post made me cry! Thank you for sharing so much of your story!
Love,
Kim Brown
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I am so glad u had a great one and that Gracie is doing well too! Tom you did a great job fullfilling ur duties as a dad! Keep up the great work!!!
Those picutres are SO SO SO CUTE!!!! Glad to hear things are still slowly getting better each day. That will be a Mother's Day you will never forget. Keep up the fight Gracie! We're all still rooting for you and praying for you each day.
Love, natalie and family
What a cute family!! Darling pictures!! We are glad to hear that you had a great mothers day, you sure deserve it. We hope that Gracie continues to improve more and more each day!! Your in our prayers:)
We are so glad that Gracie is doing so well, though I do not know exactly what you are going threw we can understand. Our son is a tetralogy of fallor baby. He had is surgery almost a year ago. Because of this little miracle I have learned so much. We can't wait to read the entry that she is home. Thank you for the link to the PBS. Though not exactly the same. It gives me hope that I can relax just a little. When we go into cardio visits, I always hold my breath just a little thinking that there might be something wrong. Wishing you the best
Michele-
I know you don't know who I am, but I have been following your blog. Its so inspirational. I stubled on it, and I know God had me stuble on it for a reason. We have been going through quite a bit with our littlest one since he has been born recently, not as much as you all but everyone has their own battles and no one wants their baby to be sick! I have gotten so much strenght through your blog and from your words, I think that is why God had me stumble upon it! I just thought I would finally introduce myself and please know that we pray for your baby girl and our Bryson every night.
Love,
The Eisel Family
Sweet Gracie Girl...little geeg.
Love the picture of Callie and Gracie...that's precious! Also love the pic of all the girls...
Go Gracie, go!!!
I am so glad you had a good Mothers Day I'm sure it's one you wont forget. No matter what these kids put us through they are special and do bring us so much JOY! I am so thankful to you and amazed how you always seem to have such a good attitude about things even though I know they are TOUGH sometimes. Just remember Moms can cry too and sometimes it just feels good. Michele your a special friend and I continue to pray for you and your sweet family. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
love,
Heidi
Post a Comment