Our miracle baby has come home! Yesterday around 1 PM they checked us out, and we loaded up and drove home. It was a little surreal to walk out of the Hospital with our Baby- 76 days later. We arrived home to a warm greeting of family members and Max. The house on the outside was decorated with 76 Pink Balloons placed around the house and yard, representing the time in the hospital- looked so amazing- Thanks Amy!! There was a great welcome home banner too. Visit http://www.utahmayers.blogspot.com/ for pictures (This is Tom and I have no idea how to add them).
Michele's Sister Stef and Sister-in-law Tiff had really gone all out. They had cleaned our house spotless, put flowers in a vase for the kitchen table, and had balloons placed all over the home welcoming in Gracie. They also had gone to Flour girls and dough boys for some Sandwiches, Soup, and a huge box of dessert for us to eat. They are the best!
The day before, Monday, Stef and Tiff had come over to the home, picked all my weeds in the yard, planted pink flowers all along our front yard, and cleaned our house. Shana and Lezlie had also come over and disinfected the home and cleaned all the floors and bathrooms. Seriously, how amazing are our friends and family.
When we left the Hospital, Gary had taken the day off work to be there with us and helped us out the door and drove my car home for us, meaning he had to take tracks this morning to get to work because he left his car at the hospital. Gary has come to the hospital every day for 76 straight days, and spent all of his nights when he didn't have work the next morning staying and watching Gracie so Michele and I could go home. What an amazing guy and just the best Father-in-Law!
Anyways, so Gracie was fussy and un-settled coming home, and she could probably sense the anxiety we had, and the stress Michele was under trying to organize all her medications, meet with the home nurse, sign for home health care deliveries, etc. etc. Stef and Tiff stayed all evening (except to go home and make us dinner!!), so that helped out a ton! Tiff even helped get Callie and Taylor to settle down in their bed for me.
I was worried about how she'd do at night. I went and got my sleeping pad and sleeping bag and put them on the floor of Gracie's room. Then I took Gracie and laid her down next to me so I could watch her. This seemed to be a good arrangement for Gracie too, and she settled right down and slept most of the night. Michele set her alarm and came in and changed her Milk feeds, administered medications, and even changed her. But I had the privilege of just lying there with my Angel, having the pleasure of looking at her and talking to her and holding her hand most of the night. It was pure joy, even though I'm a little tired from the emotions of it all and the lack of sleep (so forgive me if my posting isn't very cohesive)!!
This morning, Callie & Taylor came in around 6:45 and laid down with me, the temptation to touch Gracie was just to great to resist for them. Max came in around 7:05 and he laid down with us too. It was so fun to have all my kids in the room together just lying there on my sleeping bag.
Connie came over this morning and has been there ever since, she's been an amazing support and with all the stress of ending her School year, she's been there every step of the way. She's the best. Michele said their day has been good, thanks to Connie for helping her, and for Stef for taking all the kids!
Welcome Home Gracie Girl!! Sooo many love you, support you, and have prayed for this day to come! We love you!
22 comments:
That is great that she is home. We hope things continue to go well with her.
Wow, I bet this day seemed so far off when you guys were in the midst of it all. But she did it! Awesome!
AMEN! We have prayed for this day for your special family and couldn't be more thankful for your time with your children on the floor! Thank you for taking the time to share so much...you all remain in our prayers and we love you all. Go Gracie Girl!!!
Heart hugs~ Rebecca
AMEN! Welcome Home!!!
HOORAY!!!! I'm crying tears of joy for your sweet family!!! So happy for you all!!! Good luck over the next days and weeks! Try to let us know how things are going when you can, we've grown so attached to you all!
Yipee! She made it home! So glad to hear the news! I'm sure you're super busy and glad to be home. Just think you'll get a pay raise just from not having to drive up to PCMC every day. Hope things are going good! Were thinking about you!
Love, Kim
Oh my goodness! You guys could make a movie. I rejoice with you. I am so happy you don't have to drive up to the hospital every day now. I hope you will not be too stressed out caring for her on your own. I am afraid I would be so nervous. I pray that she can continue to get stonger everyday in preparation for her next surgery. I am so glad that she is coming home this time of year and that it is not RSV season. Don't be afraid to turn people away. Again, so happy this day has finally come.
Love
Liz Francom
Yeah! Congratulations! With Love, The Stricklands
Wow. What an amazing experience. Thank you so much for sharing. We will be praying that you may discover your new "normal" and exhale if even for a moment. Our hope and love are with you.
Wow!!! Who could read your post without crying??? We have followed your blog from a few days before you took Gracie off life support, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. What a long, incredible journey you have all had. We are SO, SO, SO happy for all of you, and especially for Gracie! Best of luck to you all!
We will continue to pray for Gracie.
With love,
Robbie Andersen
(Mom to Trey- HLHS and Angel Sasha- HLHS)
Yeah happy day!!! We are so glad that Gracie is finally where she was meant to be. Congrats on this major achievement little one. We pray that all your mom and dad have to do for you will be smooth. I can't wait to come visit you! Michele, let me know if you need me for one of those "sleep-overs".
Congrats and best wishes.
Yipee, hooray, woo hoo and any other exclamation that comes to mind! I can barely see the monitor for the tears of joy! She's finally home! Here's to the next adventure and many more times lying on the floor with all your kids.
Prayers and love,
Winnie
YAY Gracie!!!
Thanks for inspiring us!! We sure all love that baby girl...
Tami
hallelujah!!! i'm so glad she's home!! that is wonderful news!! and what amazing friends and family you have!! that is so wonderful that you guys have such an amazing support system. Heavenly Father really does work through our families and friends to benefit us. i hope you enjoy having Gracie home!! it definitely is a lot of work, as i'm sure you've already discovered, but it is so wonderful to be able to serve your little angel yourself, instead of relying on a team of Nurses and Doctors.
Our love and prayers are with you and little Gracie!
love the Andersens
Congrats!! What a blessing to finally have your sweet girl home:)
Welcome home Gracie, welcome home.
Hugs,
Emily and Mike
What an incredible journey that so many of us have been blessed to follow. What a happy time to finally be home with your sweet girl...we could not be happier for you.
Although we have never met, I've been following your journey and have posted a couple of times in the past.
I couldn't help but get choked up with this post. I know that when my son Ethan was unexpectedly born with HLHS, I wasn't sure if I would get to bring him home (and he didn't have the struggles that Gracie has been through). I just remember how nervous and emotional I was bringing him home. It was one of the best days of my life. We were so touched and so greatful for all of the many family and friends that had supported us along the way. Just reading this post brought back all of those tender feelings of gratitude for all of the blessing that we now have in our lives because of Ethan. Believe it or not, things will settle down. I believe in modern miracles and your sweet Gracie has proved that she is one of them. Enjoy those special moments you have as a family for as long as you can. Take care.
---Allison (Ethan's mom, HLHS)
Congrats!!! What a blessing to have her home! We are so happy for you guys! she is such a sweet angel.
Welcome home Gracie!!! Thanks for sharing your special little girl with us. I am so happy she is home where she belongs keep up the good work. Stay strong!!!
YEAH GRACIE GIRL... YOU MADE IT HOME!!! I'm so happy for your whole family! I'll be praying that she has a LONG few months at home before the Glenn!
I love that you got to snuggle ALL you babies on the sleeping bag... nothing can bring more peace and joy than that simple moment.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Andrea
Owen's Mommy
Post a Comment