

These pictures were taken tonight right after her blessing. Right before her blessing, we had a little meeting in one of the conference rooms with the members of our family, our bishop and a couple of friends. Tom conducted it and instructed everybody on how we would proceed with this 'special' blessing. Tom told everyone that he was going to be the only one that put his hands on her head and everybody else would stand in a semi circle around the machines. Tom was pretty emotional and brought everyone to tears with the sweet words he said about Gracie. We had a prayer and then he told everyone that for a song choice that we should sing "You Are My Sunshine" because it is our kids favorite song (at least it is Taylor and Callie's favorite). Try singing that song in a group through tear stained eyes. Then we proceeded into Gracie's room where the nurses had covered her with the blanket we brought her (thanks Auntie Vivian), a bow and bracelet (thanks Brynn!). Tom gave her a such a sweet blessing. We don't know what the future brings for her but we felt our Heavenly Father's love for her tonight. Tom and I are sleeping over at the hospital again because she is still in such a critical condition. She has basically remained stable today which is all they are really hoping for. We will just be 'waiting it out' for the next few days while she is on this bypass machine. Please keep praying for our sweet girl. We appreciate all of you so much.....we will post later.
16 comments:
What a beautiful little "sunshine" you have. How blessed she is to be so loved. We'll continue praying for the miracle.
Love, The Lambert's
Oh my goodness she is the most precious baby girl! She's just gorgeous & I love her sweet blankey & bracelet! What a precious Blessing Day! We're praying over here too!!
Love the Algers-
(Kims sister in law Kate)
I'm so sad I wasn't there. She looks beautiful even through all of those wires :) Very sweet...
I have been thinking about your sweet family and Gracie all day. She is definitely a little angel. Please just know our love for you Michelle. We know the bond that takes place as you carry that little baby and give birth. As sisters (in your ward), we decided to fast and pray for "Gracie" tomorrow. There will be a lot of prayers and pleas going up to heaven. We love you!
Jamie
what a precious little angel.
It sounds like you had a very special night surrouned by people who love you, your family and little Gracie.
that is special that you were able to feel our Heavenly Fathers love, always remember that special feeling and it will continue to bring you comfort. We will continue to pray for you and your family.
Love, The Bunkers
What a sweet little angel! She couldn't have looked anymore beautiful for her special blessing. I'm sure Tom's blessing was as beautiful as she is. I'm hope it brougt some peace and comfort in such a trying time. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you and will be for weeks to come.
Love,
The Blackham's
Tom & Michelle ~
My name is Nickelle. (my husband's name is also Tom! :o>)
~ Weird, I know.
I know Tiffany Snow... & have been reading your journey. Thank You for sharing it. I hope you/someone was able to write down or record her blessing... it's neat to go back & read/listen to them. Anyways, My husband & I are thinking about you're family & you're also in our prayers. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts & pictures with all of us! :o>
Gracie is a beautiful daughter of our Heavenly Father's!
LoVe~ Tom & Nickelle Weekes
You don't know me, but I can relate to all the emotions that you are feeling. My little man had open heart surgery on November 22, 2006. His heart condition was undiagnosed in utero. I hope that you can find some peace in this trying time. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Andrea Mathis
www.andrewmathis.blogspot.com
What a sweet blessing for Gracie. She is just beautiful and so loved by many. Our family continues to pray for her and for all of you.
Gracie is so beautiful just like her name! We will be praying that today will be a good day for her.
Love,
The Mortensens
She looks so sweet with her chunky little arm and that cute bracelet. Still thinking of you all every day.
I just wanted to let you know that I am am not only keeping your Gracie in my prayers but your whole family.
What a sweet way to handle the Blessing and I am sure the spirit was was extemely strong.
sending (((HUGS)))
Carolyn Quigley
Intermountain Healing Hearts
You do not know me but I found your blog through a friends. My son was born with HLHS and has gone throught all of this. Just hang in there the Norwood is the toughest!!
Just another note from Max's morning report. He is ever so proud that you are using the picture he took of Gracie. He also mentioned that he had never seen his Dad cry until last night. His HOPE is what he talked about the most, telling me that lots of other babies have done this same thing and have been okay. You have been blessed with very special little spirits in your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as always, love, Amy
Gracie is so beautiful. What a sweet and tender spirit you have been blessed with. How awesome it was that you were able to give her a blessing last night. I love reading your daily blog and keeping us all up to date on Gracie. You can feel the love as you read the postings, what a sweet feeling that is.
Our love, thoughts and prayers are with you.
The Manning's
She is truly an angel. We are praying for you daily.
Post a Comment