Saturday, February 21, 2009

GRACIE IS GETTING A HEART!!!

This is Tiffany, Michele's sister-in-law, Michele asked me to post. They are on their way to Primary's after just getting the call that they have a heart for Gracie!!! They don't have many details at this time but they know it will happen in the middle of the night or early morning. We will post more as soon as we know anything but please pray for our sweet Gracie tonight!

Tiffany

26 comments:

cici said...

SO excited for your little angel.
Prayers are answered. More to come!
God Bless you all!

Unknown said...

We love you sweet Gracie. Our prayers are with you!!!

Standing in the Rain said...

Praise God! I will be praying constantly all night! Please update when more info becomes available!

Matchbox Mom said...

I could not be happier to hear this tonight! What a blessing she is! A miracle.
We will be praying constantly for her recovery.
Love you Miss Gracie Girl!

Matchbox Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaidence's Mommy said...

After how long Kaidence waited for her heart I am so happy that your wait was not as long.
I am so happy for you. We will keep Gracie and the family that has given this most precious gift in our prayers.

Annette said...

Grant just called to inform us of this great news and I just started crying. Gracie continues to be so many miracles. This is so AWESOME. I also pray for the sweet family that just donated the heart of their child. Their pain is so great yet they were willing to help others. Having lost a child myself, I have often wished we could have donated some organs but the circumstances did not permit. I know in their grief that they are feeling peace that another will live! We pray for them at this time as well as sweet little Gracie that all goes well. Thank you Heavenly Father for yet another miracle!! We love you guys! Love the Sperry's

Smith family said...

We couldn't be happier for you ALL!! What an amazing road this has been..... our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight!!!!

We love you guys!
Matt,Suzy,Stox,Jax and Dawson

Gleason's said...

Yeah Miss Gracie! Wow, how far this has come since last week. You guys deserve this break in getting a heart for Gracie so soon. We will have Miss Gracie in our prayers and as Annette said, we will also pray for the family donating the heart.
We love our little grandniece/cousin and we haven't even met her.
Hope and Pray all goes well.
Love, Connie and Family

The Blairs said...

I don't even know what to say, except that many people have prayed for a miracle for Gracie, and I think this would definitely qualify! I can't wait to hear more good news.

Marilyn said...

Wow! I am so thrilled for Gracie and for your family. What a wonderful, timely opportunity. You certainly deserve the good fortune.

Heather said...

Oh wow!!!!! I'm so glad. I've been thinking of sweet Gracie so much this week and hoping for the very best. I know I don't know you, but your sweet family and strength and faith has touched me. We'll pray that all goes well!

Aimee Hardy said...

That is the best news ever! Happy 11 month Birthday! What an amazing gift. We are so happy for you and for Gracie. We'll be checking back often for updates. Our prayers are with you.

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Oh WOW!!!!! Amazing! Wonderful! I've never heard of this happening so fast. I'm so happy for little Gracie :) What a miracle!!

Court and Britt said...

What amazing news!! We will keep Gracie, your family, and the doner family in our prayers. The Lord MUST have big plans for your sweet Gracie Girl!! Look how many lifes her story has touched already!!

Katie said...

I could not be more thrilled for all of you. I will pray through the night that the surgery goes well. Gracie Girl, you will have a strong healthy heart in the morning. I will pray extra hard that your body will accept that new heart and that you will be with us for many years to come. I am sooooooo happy. Love you guys. Tom's sister Katie.

The Andersens said...

oh my goodness!! i have tears on my cheeks and rejoicing in my heart!!!
what a miracle!
i am so so grateful that this was able to happen for your little sweet heart.
my prayers are with the family who is giving you this great gift, that they will be comforted and know the great worth of the gift they are giving to little gracie, as well as hundreds of others that will now be able to enjoy her for years to come.
i am so overwhelmed with happiness for you.
my prayers are with you all!! i will think of you continuously throughout the night and pray hard!!!
go gracie girl!! you be a little fighter!!

Evie's Story said...

Weeping for joy and praying vigilently through this long night. May this precious girl bring glory to her creator God for His hand of miracles on her life!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet baby girl, our prayers will be with you through this night and the many to come...

*prayer chains going*

Livy

Joni said...

That was FAST! We're thinking of you!!

Kimmie said...

WOW...record timing I'd say! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE, I can't think of a better gift than and new heart for your 1 year mark! GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!!!

Shari said...

We will also be praying for Gracie and her parents this night! I thought Annette said it so perfectly and reminded me to also pray for the family that has lost their child today. Another miricle has come your way and I will remember to thank Heavenly Father for that too!! So grateful to know you guys and be a witness to His grace. Love you guys-many prayers will go up to heaven this night!

It all began here said...

Ive been thinking about your family all day. What a great surprise to learn they have found a heart. Maybe she knew is was coming, and that is why she was been so subdued? Soon she will be feeling better!

We will continue to pray for all those darling families that make something like this happen!


Debbie

Sabrina said...

WOW! I can't believe how fast that all happened...I love miracles and the power of prayer-just amazing.
My prayers continue-may Gracie come through the surgery strong and healthy...looking forward to a report of her first smile in the hospital.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

I just opened my google reader and saw that there were 7 new messages. I knew that meant either something really good or really bad. I was SO happy for little Gracie when I saw that they had a heart for her! What wonderful news! Go GRACIE!!!!

Rachel Dominguez said...

OMGosh I am just now catching up.....I am in all tears right now know that the heart came so quickly.

I am praying from the bottom of my HEART even though i'm sure by now she has her new heart.

Also praying for the family who has lost thier baby to save Gracie!