Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gracie's Heart Is In Rejection

We just talked to Dr. Everitt, the transplant doctor and she said she thinks Gracie's body is rejecting the heart. They are going to bring her out of surgery on ECMO. They are going to try a process called firysis (sp?) which means that they will try to extract the red blood cells and inject her body with red blood cells that will not attack the heart. They think that she had some antibodies that either did not show up on the test or grew higher in the last few days and she is now rejecting her heart. They are going to put her on a very strong immunosuppresant drug and work on the red blood cells and see how she does over the next 72 hours. They are running a cross match with Gracie and the donor's blood. This will give them a definitive answer as to whether or not her body is truly rejecting the heart. If it is, they cannot re-list her for another transplant. Dr. Everitt thinks we can get on top of this with the treatment I mentioned above. Please continue to pray for our GRACIE GIRL!!

30 comments:

lara said...

She is definitely going to keep us on our toes! We will keep praying!

Anonymous said...

Ok Gracie. This is not the time to fight that heart. Go with the flow baby! We'll keep praying :)

Marci said...

Come on, Gracie! You can do it! You have come so far already. We are praying like crazy!

Sabrina said...

Gracie, oh Gracie...we KNOW you can do this, c'mon girl...we're all routing for you!!! BIG, BIG prayers coming your way from rainy New Hampshire!!!!

Sabrina said...

Gracie, oh Gracie...we KNOW you can do this, c'mon girl...we're all routing for you!!! BIG, BIG prayers coming your way from rainy New Hampshire!!!!

Scott McMillan said...

oh michelle and tom, I am so sorry to hear this news! We are praying that the treatment works. I pray that the Lord is close by and will uplift your precious family and Gracie during this time. I pray that our little Carl can be one of your ministering angels at this time. All our love!!

shana said...

How about we move from the Tower of Terror to something like the tea cups! She's the come back kid, we are praying this is going to be her moment to shine! You are in our thoughts and prayers continually! Thanks for the updates!
XOXOX

Matchbox Mom said...

Come on Gracie Girl!!! DON'T FIGHT that new heart, hon.
We love you!!!

The Simmons Family said...

Gracie Girl... We are praying for you!!!

PRAYING THAT THE TREATMENT WORKS!!

I am so sorry. It sounds like the Dr.'s are optimistic and on top of it.

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

We're all praying - holding our breath and praying!!!!

Fight little Gracie!! :)

Brooke said...

Praying hard!!!! Hang in there Gracie!!

Natalie said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope the doctors can figure this out and fix it! It's a good thing Gracie is such a fighter! So many people love her and are praying for her.

Anonymous said...

We will put your name on the prayer roll first thing in the morning...hand it all over to Heavenly Father...He will take care of the rest!

Shauna said...

You don't know me but I've followed Gracie's story since she was born. I have never prayed so hard for someone I've never even met. From what I've seen she's a fighter and I hope she's fighting right now. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers today.

Shauna

Gleason's said...

Come on GRACIE GIRL, you can do it.
Our Prayers continue for Gracie.
Love, The Gleason Family

Summer said...

We will continue to pray for Gracie, for your family, for the doctors, and for the success of the treatment they are trying to save Gracie's new heart. So sorry you have been on such an emotional roller coaster ride. Keep the Faith! Remember miracles happen!

jen said...

Well we know that this little angel is a fighter! We will keep watching and praying!!! I love the picture in the previous post. She is adorable! I've decided to just keep you blog up so I can keep refreshing. I just know that I'm going to click refresh and see something positive.

Super Daysh said...

I read about her getting a hear on my sister's blog (Grace Andersen) and was so excited to hear that she was getting a heart! We will definitely keep your sweet girl in our prayers that her body will accept her heart and that the doctors will be able to work their magic. :) All our love, thoughts and prayers. Dacia and Joe Brewer

Recovery Guru said...

Gracie girl keep fighting! You are stronger than you know! You have so many people praying for you so hang on and fight! We love you little Gracie, and my heart is aching for yours! You are still in my prayers so keep up the hard work and fight little one, don't give up!!

Heart Hugs
Caralee Baker

Dione said...

Just "met" Gracie on your blog and became a fan myself. What a beautiful baby! And a beautiful family! I will be praying for her sweet little heart too!

Smith family said...

We are praying and praying!! Common Gracie... you've come so far- YOU CAN DO IT!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Smith family said...

We are praying and praying!! Common Gracie... you've come so far- YOU CAN DO IT!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Stacy said...

Gracie, we are praying so hard for you! You little fighter, you are fighting everything. We love you, even though we have never met, we love you! Love, Stacy, Chance, and Corbin! Keep on fighting!

Melissa said...

We are praying for you, Gracie! We are also praying for the rest of your family that you can be lifted and supported during this!

Melissa said...

We are praying for you, Gracie! We are also praying for the rest of your family that you can be lifted and supported during this!

jessica said...

Gracie this is your time to relax the heart is good! keep strong you can come back on the top again you are a strong girl keep strong fight for the good not against the good1

Christy said...

Will keep you all in my prayers.

Amy Maires said...

Michelle, I am sorry you and your sweet family have to go through this! Your Gracie is made of "tough stuff"! Hang in there! We are praying for a great outcome!

SteveC said...

Hang in there Gracie! Funky Heart Readers are thinking of you tonight!

Steve
Adventures of a Funky Heart! blog:
http://tricuspid.wordpress.com

jaxson said...

hi this is jaxson smith I hpoe dos not pas away. I know how hard it is for you family and gracie and she is surving throw this hard prossece and the hard prossece for you. I want a extra friend !!!
love jaxson smith