Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Songs

Okay, I know, I have had the SAME songs on my playlist for more than a year now. I usually turn the music off and don't listen to it because I am tired of hearing the same songs so much! I wanted to add a song called "Gracie" along with a few others that were brought to my attention from a blog posting of Gracie on Paul Cardall's blog. Paul is a popular musician who has several CD's out with inspiring instrumental music. I have added some of his music to my blog as well. Paul is 35 years old and has a major congenital heart defect. Married, with a beautiful little girl, he is waiting for a heart transplant. He has quite the story and seems to have beaten the odds time and time again. We have Paul's CD's playing for Gracie in the hospital 24 hours a day and they bring a special spirit to her room. I am comforted that Gracie can hear the music and I know it helps her to have sweet dreams. Thank you Paul for the gift you have given to all of us through your music.


I can't believe how many people are posting about Gracie on their blogs. It appears she has captured the attention of many. I appreciate everyone's concern for a baby and family they have never met. I wanted to steal a bit of the post my friend Marci wrote about Gracie because she typed up the words to the song "Gracie" that I just added to our playlist. Click on it below and see! This is what it says:


You can’t fool me
I saw you when you came out

You got your momma’s taste
But you got my mouth

You will always have a part of me
Nobody else is ever gonna see
Gracie girl

With your cards to your chest
Walking on your toes
What you got in the box only Gracie knows

And I would never try to make you be
Anything you didn’t really wanna be
Gracie girl

Life flies by in seconds
You’re not a baby Gracie, you’re my friend
You’ll be a lady soon
But until then you gotta do what I say

You nodded off in my arms watching TV
I won’t move you an inch
Even though my arm’s asleep

One day you’re gonna wanna go
I hope we taught you everything
You need to know
Gracie girl

There will always be a part of me
Nobody else is ever gonna see
But you and me
A little girl

My Gracie girl

I cannot get over this song!!! A song named Gracie? A song that says Gracie Girl? A song that says 'Life flies by in seconds'? CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY. Like the song says "What you got in the box only Gracie knows..........."

39 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you added the "Gracie Song" to your playlist! It makes me cry! The Lambert family is still praying for Gracie girl and your entire family. We will pray for another angel baby to give Gracie another chance at life.

Love, Kim

Brooke said...

What perfect song!! Wow!! I just listened to it! And just so you know, I have come to love the song that starts playing every time I click on this beautiful blog. It just makes me instantly think of Gracie. It is the one called A Dream by Priscilla Ahn. LOVE IT!! I had not ever heard of Paul Cardall. I will have to listen to some of his songs now too.

So it sounds like they think she will be able to get another heart whether it is in the next day or so or a few longer. We will pray that it comes at the best time possible that will allow Gracie the best chance.

Tiffany said...

I listened to Paul's primary worship CD all day in my DVD player. It played while I did the dishes, and while I fed my kids and while I sat at the computer. And it was very comforting and peaceful. My kids floated around the room and sang with the music when it was on "I am a child of God." I can see why you like it for Gracie and I'm sure she feels the spirit of the music like we do. We are thinking of you all the time...
Love,
Tiff

Annie said...

I first found your blog from Teagan's, I am a friend of his aunt. I came here because I love the name "Gracie" and found a beautiful baby girl with an amazing story. For some reason, I was drawn to her and her family. I've never met you, but I want you to know you're in our prayers. I have come to admire your family so much, and I'm so sorry for the challenges you're facing. I appreciate your thoughts on faith and prayer. I, too, have a testimony that God has a plan for us, and that he hears our prayers. We're praying for a miracle for Gracie.

♥Stef said...

I just can't believe that song! The miracles with Gracie never cease. I hope that Gracie sees a new heart in that "box". I am searching for answers why her new heart isn't working. I can only figure that maybe this heart wouldn't have lasted as long as the one she IS going to GET.
We are still praying for a miracle!
Give my love to Gracie. I miss her, I might have to brave seeing her soon.

laurel said...

I have posted before, but not in the last two days. My son has a severe heart defect too. We know what you are feeling. He especially does. In fact, my children go to a private school in Utah County. My son loves to follow your blog and we have had many family prayers over Gracie. He had so many people pray for him that he wanted to do the same for Gracie. Yesterday he told me he added Gracie's name to their class prayer roll, so every morning and at the end of the day, the class prays for Gracie by name. You have a whole class of kids sending love your way. Hang in there. The Lord has a plan.

Me said...

Such peaceful music. I am so glad that there is a song that describes your Gracie for you. You are always on my mind and in our prayers. We will be up at the hospital tomorrow I hope that it is ok to drop by. I don't want to be a bother so I will check with the front desk first. Let me know if you need anything. Much love, Hilary Cook

Matchbox Mom said...

What's crazy is that I have listened to that song ALL day from your blog...it's so true to Gracie girl! I wondered if you started calling her that because of the song, but since this post, realize that it's the other way around! wow! I love this song!!!
I wish Gracie would just tell us what is in the box! I love that baby girl!
Sweet geeg!

jen said...

I am so in love with that song. It is perfect. I know I've heard the name Paul Cardall but I think of why. Anyway, he is amazing! I'll have to get some of his stuff!

Scott McMillan said...

Great song! Heard that on our piano and in concert, but it never meant so much as it does now. We hope Gracie will get her new heart in the right time when she will have the best success. All our prayers.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi - I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your sweet little girl. My nephew was born with the same heart defect and I have so much sympathy for what you are going through.

((hugs))
Jen

The Gatherum Clan! said...

I have always loved the music you have on your blog. I have to tell you that Sam got on to "check up on Gracie's blog" tonight and he mentioned the music playing and he was so excited that he recognized a couple of his favorite songs from church. He started singing along with it. So thanks for that calming time before bed. We need that around our house! :) Hang in there! And yes, Gracie and your family have touched so many even clear out here in Kansas! :) Thanks for sharing your updates and your experiences! We feel such strength from them!

Natalie♥ said...

Thank you so much for the updates. I have been waiting and praying that things are okay. This is going to be okay I just know it. Garcie does have a new heart in that box ♥♥ I will pray for a new heart to come quickly. It is a bitter sweet moment praying for another angel to leave this world, but I know I would give up my babies heart to save another one if there was nothing we could do to save my baby. It will come, it has to. Your family is so special, and your sweet baby is just so so so very special. I am praying hard for you and I hope you feel peace in your heart that things will be okay. I am so glad you are playing music for her, that song Gracie Girl is just amazing and so perfect. Special prayers for you and your sweet baby tonight from my family.

Cami said...

We are praying for you and your sweet, precious baby. I check your blog every 1/2 hour. Gracie is on our minds and in our prayers.
Love, Cami and Chris Lindquist

Grammy Staffy said...

I am glad that your Gracie Girl has her own song.... How special of Paul to write it for her.

jessicalangprice said...

What a great song! I love Ben Folds Five and this song is perfect for her. And Paul's music is so beautiful...what a wonderful thing to have playing in her room. I love how you always think of the small things for her. No wonder she doesn't want to leave.

shana said...

I can't believe that song, when I checked your blog earlier, I noticed the new song, Jaxon did too and turned up the volume on my computer and was trying to sing along with it:) It is perfect for your little miss Gracie! Another miracle for your sweet baby!

Ficklins said...

I do not know you but I wanted to let you know that you are all in my prayers. Remember we are never given more than we can handle. She is blessed to have your love and strength. She can feel it no doubt.

Anonymous said...

HELLO THERE GRACIE'S MOMMY AND DADDY, I JUST WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW I'M THINKING OF YOU AND YOU LITTLE GRACIE EVERYDAY.
I AM A FRIEND A SHAUNTELLE,KAIDENCE MOMMY AND I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG DAY IN AND DAY OUT, I HAVE EVEN BLOGGED ABOUT HER IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ THE BLOG YOUR MORE THEN WELCOME TOO, MY BLOG IS WWW.MYJOURNEY2AMIRACLE.BLOGSPOT.COM, MY LITTLE GIRL ALSO HAS A BATTLE WITH CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE, SHE AND KAIDENCE HAS THE SAME THING, A VIRUS THAT PUT THEM IN HEART FAILURE.
SO JUST KNOW I HAVE SENT OUT EMAILS TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ASKING THEM TO PRAY FOR YOUR LITTLE GRACIE AND YOUR FAMILY AND I WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW YOUR BLOG EACH AND EVERY DAY AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER.
LOVE,JACKIE POWELL

Anonymous said...

Your blog is far reaching and I am so grateful I came across it. Often nights I will sit with your player, playing just because the songs were so easy to listen to and a comfort... =)

I check through out the day for posts from you... always looking in to see how you are doing, how your family is doing, how your little baby is doing.

And always with prayers being presented steadily.

I love Gracie's blog... if I could organize my blogs by favorites, hers would be right at the top, hands down.

I hope you have a peaceful day today with Gracie. Thinking of you and your family, Livy

Jane said...

Hello,

I came across to you from A Daily Scoop. I am thinking of your Gracie and your family and praying for you all.

Love,

Jane from Melbourne, Australia

Marci said...

I am so glad you added the Gracie song to your playlist. It is so perfect! The first 100 times I listened to it, I couldn't without crying. It is on my playlist too. Robb even had your blog on(so we could listen to Gracie songs)at his office, just so we could have Gracie in our thoughts all day long. She has such a huge fan club! We are still hoping . . . and praying. . . .

Leslie said...

My new favorite song! I find myself humming it in my head when I'm at my computer. Brendan called me from work and told me he had to turn down the music when he checked your blog because the song sent him to tears...not too good in the middle of work. I miss "my little Gracie." I think about her all through the day and even had a dream about her. I'm sure you could use a good neck rub by now. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

Lacey said...

Praying for you and sweet little Gracie. We haven't delt that much with Dr. K. Dr. Hawkins is our surgeon. Sounds like he's on the ball though. Praying hard for another heart to come soon.

The Simmons Family said...

Darn it... I can't get the volume to work on my laptop. I'll have to listen to the Gracie song a little later. I'm sure it's fantastic and I"ll cry like a baby. I wish I was in Utah so I could do something for you. You're in our hearts, thoughts and prayers constantly.

Gracie Girl.. hang in there sweetie.

Andrea Griggs said...

I just discovered this blog through a friend. . . I just cried as I read about your sweet Gracie Girl. Your faith and strength is amazing, thanks for sharing it with us. I will pray for your sweet daughter and I hope a new heart comes for her soon.

Elaine said...

Praying for Gracie from Montana

Natalie said...

Gracie's song has been in my head ever since I heard it the first time (and a million times since). What a perfect song! "What's in the box only Gracie knows." I wish Gracie could tell us!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Mindi said...

That song is too, too much Michele. And so are you. It was a gift to visit with you yesterday. I walked away hoping that you will have your own very good news to share with me very soon. Remember, mommy's prayers are first in line. You are so strong. Thank you for teaching me about faith and trust. They are hard lessons you seem to have learned well.

With much admiration,
Mindi

Shari said...

Thanks for the music-you sure know how to make a girl cry:) You are amazing!!!! Much love today!!

Anonymous said...

It is aperfect song and I don't even know her! She is beautiful though and I pray that a new heart is found and she can come back to your family. You are an amazing family and I know Heavenly Father is close by and the angels are with Gracie. We pray for peace and strength.

Rebecca said...

Paul is my brother. My entire family has been so touched by the story of little Gracie. My young children have been praying for her in each of their prayers and ask me daily "How is baby Gracie?" Thank you for sharing Paul's music. He is as amazing as he sounds and gives hope to so many. His is a life filled with miracles and we pray that your little Gracie will get the same. It seems she already is and that her influence is already so far reaching.

Rebecca Smith
Texas

Jenna said...

Oh sweet Gracie is so precious. I am a stranger but sister in the gospel. I am shedding tears for you and Gracie. My prayers are with you. May the Lord give you peace and lift you on His mighty wings of love to see you through this. What a sweet girl.. much love

Carlla said...

I continue to pray for Gracie! I heard the song Gracie Girl on Pauls bog. I love it!

Gracie girls is in my thoughts & prayers!

Judy said...

So amazing.....prayers go up, blessings come down

Sarah Hicken said...

I love that song!!!!!!!
I love Gracie. Though I have not met her. I am on of Connie Mayers students. I pray for Gracie every night! she looks so darling.

Missy said...

Your story has touched my heart, Im praying that Gracie pulls through. She is such a beautiful little angel, Hang in there Gracie Girl..
Much Love

Katie Lane said...

I love your playlist. I've been listening to it all day for the last three days. Gracie is such an angel. So glad you found a song to discribe her so well.

shawn said...

I wish you and your family a peace that transcends understanding. I just found your blog today, and am sorry that I haven't been praying sooner.
Your song "Gracie Girl" - is one that is on a mixed CD given to me over a year ago. I love the song more than any others on that CD, and never knew the artists name. My four year old daughter dances whenever it comes on. She was born with mild heart defects (pulmonary stenosis and a VSD which spontaneously closed last year). Whenever we listen to this song from now on, I will pray for your sweet family, for Paul's, and for the blessing of my own precious girl. Thank you for sharing the story behind the song.
Your family, and your little angel, will not be forgotten.