Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Heart Is Here (update #1)

Late last night they changed the surgery time from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. It is 7:12 a.m. and we just said goodbye to our Gracie Girl. This time it was more of a happy goodbye. We really think this is going to work out! We told her she had been a very good girl and that the next time we see her she is going to be nice and pink with saturation levels in the 90's instead of 75-85! I still think I'm in shock that this is all happening. I have only had a week and a half to wrap myself around the whole transplant idea and now we are in surgery, what an absolute miracle!! I am very humbled by the events that have transpired for Gracie to get to this point. We feel the Lord's hand in our lives more now than ever before. We know he has a special plan for her. I will update whenever I hear something from the surgeons.
WE LOVE YOU GRACIE, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

20 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay Gracie. What a long night it must have been for you guys. We are praying and fasting for you today Gracie Girl. Thanks for the updates for all of Gracie's fans. We will keep watching all day for more and more good news. Hang in there!!!!
Love, Nat, Alan and kids

anon said...

good luck grace!!!

Gleason's said...

Yes, You Go Gracie Girl, what a strong little girl you are. What a party her 1st Birthday will be.
We will pray for you all day long.
Take care Michele and Tom.

shana said...

I am still in shock, but it's a wonderful kind of shock!! I will be praying for her today! Good Luck, we love that little Gracie and wish her the very best today!

Shari said...

We will spend the next several hours in prayer for Gracie girl-Go Gracie!!!!!

Matchbox Mom said...

We are praying. So hard!

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH! This is so exciting and nerve racking all at the same time! I can't wait to see Gracie in a nice shade of pink! Heavenly Father obviously has a plan for your Gracie.

The Simmons Family said...

WOO HOO I am crying!! I am so exctied that Gracie got her heart and so fast!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!

WE ARE PRAYING!!!

Oh my goodness Michele and Tom... What a miracle!!

Andrea

The Owens Family said...

You don't know me, but I was linked to your blog through Intermountain Healing Hearts. My daughter, McKinley, was born March 1, 2007. She also has HLHS. We will be praying for Gracie and your family. I hope her transplant goes perfectly!! She's a beautiful little girl.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't read the blog yesterday and this is what I wake up to! I'm overjoyed with your news. We will pray so hard for sweet Gracie and the doctors performing her surgery. Go Gracie!!!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

WOW!!! I just am still in shock, I can't wait to see her with her new "look" ;) What an amazing turn of events this last week has brought. Last Sunday I thought I could be saying goodbye and last night I just felt so excited to look at her and know how much Heavenly Father loves her. She must be a very special spirit for this to all fall into place for her, we know she is. We will be praying ALL DAY!
Love,
Tiff, David and the girls

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

You don't know us, we linked to your blog through a few different friends, but my family has been praying for your Gracie and will continue to do so. Our daughters ask me everyday how baby Gracie is, so we come and check and are so excited to hear the good news!

Kaidence's Mommy said...

I thought of Gracie all night long! It stirs a lot of emotions when I heard the news. Kaidence also got her heart early on a Sunday morning and it brought me so much peace knowing that our ward (as well as many other) were fasting and praying for her while she was in surgery getting her perfect, beautiful heart! I hope that you continue to feel the spirit of the Lord this day. The experiance of transplant is unlike any other, for the fact that you have the most amazing gift and yet it is from a complete stranger. One thing that I have learned is that although there is so much bad in the world, if we look around there is also so much good. Go Gracie! You will be home in no time now!

Christina said...

I didn't get on the computer yesterday and now I am reading all this exciting news today! Wow!!! Praying all goes smoothly today. Extra prayers for her donor family.

Love, Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma

rochelle said...

wow-good luck to Gracie! She is in our prayers. Heavenly Father sure has a plan for her. What a little fighter.

Lisanne said...

What a miracle! We don't know your sweet family but, we have been praying for your darling daughter! We are friends of the Cox family :) We wish you the best!
The Pepper Family

Amy Maires said...

This is such fabulous news! We will be praying hard for her today!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Gracie, we're cheering, rooting and praying... hugs to your family in their time of wait.

Cammee said...

What amazing news!! We will be fasting and praying for her today. This wonderful news has me in tears!

Anonymous said...

I thought you and your friends and family may enjoy this little clip. I recognize that our faiths have different backgrounds, but I believe God is bigger than all... I hope you enjoy this clip... Livy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvPa0dsZzE