It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you". He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that she is just going for a visit. She is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down, and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work". But the little angel is still a little scared. She asks,"Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies,"Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says "When you are born, your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart". "Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday." "And when its time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves."
16 comments:
Michele,
That poem is beautiful...my heart aches for you right now. I cannot even imagine everything you are dealing with right now. This trial of yours makes me want to do nothing but hug and love my little ones. I hope you can feel of our Saviors love for you right now. Remember that he suffered for your pain. You can turn it all over to him when it gets to be more than you can carry. Love Liz
Tom & Michele,
I've been thinking a lot about all of you a lot for the past week and wish I could do something to help. Gracie has many gifts she brings us from our Heavenly Father. So I thought maybe some of us could post "Gracie's Gifts" or lessons we have learned watching you all go through this amazing trial. I've thought of a lot of different things but one that keeps coming back to me is her perfect little body--so chunky and pink but inside she is not whole. How many people do we see in a day that look perfect or normal on the outside, but inside something is broken: mentally, physically or spiritually. One of Gracie's gifts to me is to try to have more compassion for others who might be suffering. She has also made me grateful for my family and all of our health. What a precious gift that I too often take for granted. Loved the poem...She is a precious gift.
I love the Gracie's Gift idea. The gift Gracie has given to me and my family is the reminder to hug each other tighter each day and tell each other that we love each other. Right now we all have a sense of how fragile life is. My boys ask me throughout the day how Gracie and Michele are doing. They want to see her picture and they include her in their prayers. Even my "almost 13 year old" is concerned and asks to see the blog. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I feel that we have so much to learn from Gracie and the courage of your sweet family. Gracie truly is a gift!
Gracie's gift to me is a reminder that FAITH is not a word, but an action. All of us can say that we have FAITH in the Lord and FAITH in prayers, but it is in the most difficult of times when we realize how our FAITH measures up. Thank you so much for sharing your FAITH with us. Love, Amy
Michele and Tom, You are both very strong, but I imagine your hearts are feeling a little bit like Gracie's right now. Thank you for doing this blog. It has allowed us to be a part of Gracie's birth and to love her and your family even more. God will get your through this I know; and I am happy you felt the wonder of his love for Gracie and your family with her blessing. I believe in the goodness of God. Love Lana
Because of Gracie's experience, it has given me an oportunity to help teach my children the need to rely on the Lord more for help..not just in times like these, but everyday. It's easy to go day to day relying on our own strength and not "checking in" with the Lord or realize how much we actually need Him. My children have been able to see fasting and sincere prayer in action and have their faith continue be developed. Thank you Gracie for touching our lives.
Love, Kristi Mayer
Glenhill family,
You don't know me but I am friends with Tiffany Snow. I have been reading your blog and my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I can only imagine what you and your family are going though. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I know that miracles can happen, and that our Heavenly Father is aware of you!!
Mandy El Halta
Marci told me about Gracie's gift idea. I'll be posting on my blog the gift Gracie's presence on earth has given me today. Still thinking of you.
It pains me to know that you guys have to go through this difficult trial. I feel that little Gracie has and will touch many hearts, even those that never meet her. The courage her sweet spirit must have to endure all of this is just one of the gifts she has shown us. Also, I have thought a lot lately with Gracie and my dad, that I need to be more grateful for the body that I have and to not take it for granted. That I need to be keeping it healthy so that I can use it to take care of my family and to help and serve others. Because of little Gracie, the Lord has surely sent his love and blessings to you through the service of so many people -- through their little words, thoughts, and acts of kindness. You guys are truly loved, not by just these people---but by our Heavenly Father. Hang in there! Try to feel all the "Hugs" from all of us through our prayers in your behalf and in behalf of little sweet Gracie.
Love, Suzette
(thanks Kim for the "Gracie's Gift" idea!)
Tom and Michele-
Gracie's gift to our family has been sensitivity and compassion. Last night about a 1/2 hour after the kids had gone to bed, Zachary, came into my office sobbing. He is having a very difficult time understanding why all of this is happening. It has provided some very sweet moments for our family to talk about our Heavenly Fathers plan. We thank you for your willingness to share this very difficult time with us! We love you guys! Coccimiglios
Gracie is the newest member of our family now.The Lord has blessed all of us by sending this sweet child to us, and I know He is watching over her and knows what her future holds for her. I have thought alot about my two children who had the same problem with their hearts that Gracie has with her heart. When I saw Gracie for the first time I thought of Katrina, with her black full head of hair. I know Katrina and Robert knew Gracie well before Gracie came here to Earth to live here with us. My heart is full with Love for my Saviour, and for the peace He gives me now, and I put my full trust in Him, that His will is what is best for Gracie. He knows how much we want Gracie to live here on earth here with us. Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Love Grandpa Gledhill
Today, Gracie's gift to us has to do with big brother Max.... He has taught us so much about compassion and love for his younger siblings... You can see in his sweet eyes that if he could change places with Gracie he would... Max- you are such a good big brother... Thank you for being a good example to Ryleigh...
Michele & Tom~
I know you don't know me either. (I'm Kim Lamberts Crazy Sister in Law) But I want to thank you for doing this blog! Thanks for sharing your lives & experiences with us!
Kim had a great idea with "Gracie's Gifts". She truly is a gift & so incredibly beautiful! Her gift to me is the reminder to cherish every moment with my baby. To remember how precious they are & how close they are to our Heavenly Father. Our own real life reminder of the love He has for us! When I look at sweet precious Gracie & I remember how lucky we are.
Thanks so much again for letting me feel like I'm a part of this all. I love the updates & I love that sweet little baby & will continue to keep you ALL in my prayers. Hang in there! I'll be thinking of you!
~Kate
That is a beautiful poem. So perfect for little Gracie. I hope her little body remains strong. I love her rolls!
Post a Comment