Gracie's First Pedicure
Her most intense procedure so far.Stephanie, Me, Tiffany and my Mom getting OUR pedicures earlier in the day.

French Pedicures for ALL!
Today is my sister Stephanie's birthday. (Happy Birthday!!) So we all went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and to the Sanctuary Day Spa for pedicures. It was really fun!! It was good to get a break from the hospital and fun just to have a good girls day out. Then we came and gave Gracie her first pedicure!! It was fun and she was such a good girl, sleeping through the whole thing.
She is doing good today. She had to have another PICC line put in her other leg because her art line is starting to fail. That entailed going back down to Flouroscopy, putting dye in her veins and inserting a PICC line that goes from the back of her knee into her intestinal area. That was her big adventure for the day. They are also starting to fortify her milk to make it higher in calories but not higher in volume. She is up to 12cc an hour. They put a bigger patch over her incision and her face looks better today. The nurse let me take a peek at her new closure. I think it still looks pretty gnarly, but it has only been one day, so we will see how it heals up. It is still hard to see her with the big 'lump' down the middle of her chest, but I guess I have to subscribe to the saying 'beggars can't be choosers'. Hopefully Gracie Girl will have a peaceful night and let her body continue to heal. I will post tomorrow.


18 comments:
I am so glad you got to spend some time with the girls! It sounds like it was a fun day - you deserve a little pampering yourself. And Gracie's pedicure is serously the cutest thing ever! You are a pro at the pedicures, for sure. I'm happy to hear that it has been a good day!!
P.S. Happy Birthday, Stef!!
So fun that you took time for yourself today. Girls day and pedicures sounds Heavenly.
I'm so glad you took time for yourself for a while. I'm sure you needed it! Gracie's pedi is adorable as well...every girl needs to be pampered at some point in time in her life! Hope your days get even better!
Much Love and Many Prayers~
Allysa Barkdoll
thebarkdollfam.blogspot.com
Hey Michele,
I just got back from my trip and had to check on Gracie first thing! I couldn't have seen a sweeter picture than you painting her toes! She is officially your daughter now...perfect nails are your family trait! What a fun day for all of you. I'm so glad to hear that Gracie continues to improve so much each day. I still can't believe it sometimes. She gets more beautiful each day! I can't wait to see her soon. Much love and continued prayers from me to you.
Leslie
Michele,
You totally deserve a girls day out!
Gracie's piggy toes are the CUTEST!
I bet she is the most sylish girl in the ICU! Way to go Gracie girl!
Keep improving and we will keep praying for you and your sweet family!
We love you,
The Bunker's
What a cute little foot and piggies!! How fun. Glad she is doing good. I love to tell people about your sweet baby!
Yeah for Girls Day out! Glad to see you included little Gracie Girl in the fun! Happy Birthday Stephanie! You gals all deserved a fun relaxing day!
Love, Kim
Michele,
I'm so glad to hear you got out and were able to have a little pampering-you deserve it. I was actually thinking about you today, thinking the drive up and back must get old, and to leave half of your family either way you go--I guess you can look on the bright side and feel comfort in knowing your needed and loved everywhere! We're thinking of you and hope your days (and Gracie's) get better and better!
P.S. Her little toes are the cutest thing ever!
It was so fun to have a girls day out. I'm sad I couldn't stay longer with her today :( I guess it's better though with a few more than "2 per bedside" there today! I'm glad you got her piggys painted, it's just the beginning of her being "ALL girl!" just like her mommy. Hope to see you guys tomorrow!
Love,
Tiff
So glad you ALL got to get away for a little TLC! So needed with what you have been through! I had a lady come into our shop on Thurs. and she saw my Tiffany looking at your blog. She couldn't help but see Gracie and then told us that miracles do happen! Her baby 14 years ago was born dead and once they revived him they noticed he had an enlarged heart. She told us all the different things they have been through with him since then. She said your doctor is the best around and they have been through enough of them. She said Primary Children's is incredible and you are in the best hands. Her son has had several heart surgeries and this year was the first year he was able to be on a baseball team. They were so excited that he has done so well. They wanted you to know that these is so much hope for your little Gracie! They also wanted your blog so they could read all about it. You have prayers as you know from complete strangers but also from all of us that know you! Gracie is a little fighter and must have some attitude to have done so well. Lots of love
Annette
Hey thanks for the super fun day gals. I must admit I went to Sally Beauty supply on the way home and bought some cute flower decals for my toenails. They look like someone painted them on! (FYI, nobody knew how to paint flowers at the Spa!)
There are some tiny flowers, I think Gracie needs some!
See you all tomorrow for round 2.
I'm so sorry that you had to go through the "reverting back" stage where all the tubes re-appeared. That must have been so hard to see and deal with. I hope the muscle flap surgery proves to be helpful though and will pray that there are not any more major set backs or issues. Hope you had a great day with your mom and sisters. Gracie's pedicure looks great. We're so glad that she is still hear with you and hope the boring days are back soon!
Love,
The Laurences
I'm glad that you could enjoy your sister's birthday celebration with your family. I hope that the pretty toes will raise the spirits of all of you. We are praying Gracie has a good night.
Her little toes are so cute. I'm so happy for you that you took a little break to do something for yourself!!!! I have NEVER been to Cheescake Factory. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I hope you have a good day.
This little piggy went to the PICU, this little piggy went to the OR. This little piggy had breastmilk, this little piggy none. Then this little piggy went weeeeee all the way home!!! Those ten little piggies have been through so much,I can't wait until they come home!!!! We are still praying for you to continue to get better Gracie.
Love Rob, Stef, Kinsey, Josh, Abbey and Nick.
Oh! That's awesome you got to spend some girl time! woo hoo!!
What cute little piggies!!! We are praying for her little 'gnarly' scar, and many more pedicures in the future!
HUGS
Hi Michelle,
Great that you got to have some down time. Now we have to get Tom out on the golf course.....but that may not relieve any stress....
:-)
Post a Comment