(This is Tom)
To say this journey we’ve been on for the past five and a half weeks has been life changing is akin to saying walking through fire is a bit warm. There’s really no way to adequately express the thoughts and feelings we’ve had. It was five weeks ago today that I last held my little angel in preparation for her surgery the following day. I have such an intense love for this little miracle. It’s heart-wrenching to watch her suffer through her many struggles, but so exhilarating to celebrate her triumphs with her.
Today I was able to once again hold her. To go from worrying how I’d feel about holding her after she passed away a few weeks ago, to my moment with her today, I can’t really express how I’m feeling. But gratitude beyond anything I can say is my overwhelming feeling.
I’ve loved reading Michele’s blog posts. Being away during the day can be torture, but being able to see my sweet Gracie, and get the updates helps me make it through.
Thanks to those who are on this journey with us. Your prayers, hope, faith, encouragement, love, and support are our constant sustaining force.
11 comments:
Tom, it's nice to hear from you again :) I'm glad you got to hold her today and are feeling happiness compared to so many other emotions that you (we) have been feeling on this roller coaster! I'm glad she is getting a little stronger every day. She must take after her parents!
Love,
Tiff
Thank-you for sharing your Gracie with us,and also your testimonies. It means a lot to all.
Hugs,
Emily and Mike
There is nothing like a parents love for their child, we can surely see that through you and Michele. I always think it's so amazing the instant love that you feel your child. I sometimes think extream circumstances make us realize how much we really love our children. I'm so glad you got to hold her and enjoy her sweet little spirit today, I bet it was so precious! Our prayers are with you and your family.
Love,
The Blackham's
Tom,
We are the one's who feel grateful - to be a part of this journey with your family has been a beautiful and uplifting experience for our whole family as we gather around the computer, check on baby Gracie, and offer prayers in her behalf. We are so happy that she's fought on so well and hope she continues to improve and bless all our lives! We're glad you were able to hold your angel again. Thank you for sharing her with us!
Love,
The Laurences
We are glad that you got to hold her again. Our prayers continue to be with Gracie and your family.
When I saw the picture the other day of Michelle holding Gracie, it made me SO HAPPY. And I am so glad you got a chance to hold her too. I can only imagine it being very emotional. Thanks for all the updates. We still read your blog regularly!!
kristi
Tom, your words are always awe-inspiring. Your descriptions always help me feel your pain and joy so well. I can tell you have an immense testimony and love for your Heavenly Father and for Gracie. I love to hear from you and grasp a piece of your faith.
Your story has touched the lives of many, including those of us you don't know. When I read this post, the first thought that came to my mind was: "I imagine our Heavenly Father holds similar sentiments towards us as well. It is probably "heart-wrenching" to watch us all suffer through our many struggles, yet "exhilarating to celebrate [our] triumphs"." Thanks to all of you for strenghtening so many of our testimonies with the sharing of yours. We are all praying for sweet Gracie!
Tom,
As always, it's so good to hear your words and feel your love for your children and Michele. Jodi, Jake, Jon and Lindsey were here for dinner today and we talked a lot about your family. They were saying that they remember all the fun we had when you were a teenager at our home. It was always so much fun when you were around. They were also talking about how they remember when Max was a baby and how excited they were when he was born. They have all loved reading about Gracie and all feel so close to her through your blog. As you know, we love and pray for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, feelings and love with us. Oh, and by the way, where's a picture of you holding Gracie! We'll be looking for it. Love you, Susan
Tom, You have such a way with words. The power of your priesthood shines right through. How lucky Gracie is to be a part of your family - Heavenly Father knew just who to send her to. We are all so happy to see her progress a little each day and pray for the day that you will get to take her home! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of this with all of you. WE ARE ALL BETTER PEOPLE FROM THIS EXPERIENCE! We look forward to celebrating many more milestones with your family!
Leslie
Tom,
We love to here from you. You have such a strong testimony and alot of faith. We are so happy that you were able to hold your baby girl what a blessing she is and what a great Dad you are. We love you and your family.
Love,
The Bunkers
Post a Comment