Sunday, April 6, 2008

No News Is Good News

I have heard through the grapevine that when I don't post, people start to get a little panicky about what might be happening. The truth is that either I am at home tending to my 3 other kids or I am here and there is nothing going on. I know it was intense there for a few days and it will get intense again when they try to close her chest, but until then, nothing much will be going on. Dr. K said tonight that he is going to go in tomorrow and clean her chest out again and tighten up her patch a little to get her chest used to the fact that we need to close it up completely. Gracie continues to improve and things are looking good. I think we are still in a bit of shock that she has not only pulled through but seems to be very much improving. We will keep praying for her and again, cherish every day we have with her.

19 comments:

Natalie E said...

It's true...not only have I been following your blog but all of my siblings and family and friends as well. Your family and Gracie has been such a testimony builder and example in so many areas and we appreciate you sharing this very tender and personal experience with us!

Em said...

I will admit, that I too get a little panicky. Gracie has just touched us all in ways probably unimagined. I always told everyone with Ryker too that no news is good news, but I guess I have forgotten. We are still praying for her and all of your family. I pray that all will go well with closing her chest. I remember how frustrating it was when they had to reopen Ryker's chest, and you guys do not need another setback. She truly is a miracle!

Kaidence's Mommy said...

People would get the same way when things were calm for a few days with Kaidence. We were ok that we didn't need to post because like you said it usualy means that things are looking at least the same. But even with me being on your flip side as the blogger, this time I am the reader and I still get panicky....sorry. I should know better. I love these miracles. My faith has grown so much the last 9 months as I am sure that yours has. My biggest fear as Kaidence gets better and we get used to our "new normal" is that I will somehow forget all of the things I have felt and learned. I have loved having the spirit direct our every decision with Kaidence and could never imagine doing it on our own. As I have oppertunities to share Kaidnece story with the world I hope that she will continue to touch lives and make a difference.

Sophie's Blog!:) said...

Tom and Michelle,

We have been checking the blog multiple times per day and are so pleased to hear that things are improving! We have been praying often for you and for Gracie. Our children have been asking about Gracie often and pray for her as well. Michelle would like to come see you if possible- if the timing is OK. All of our love,

The Rich Family

NT Weekes Family said...

Boy! You have read my mind Michelle! I was getting a little "paniky" when I didn't see a new post as often... thinking something "sad" has happened. ~ But, then I thought to myself, well, No News... Must mean Boring/Good News.

Thanks for thinking of ALL of "US" bloggers who do not know you personally, but feel like we do because we are reading & feeling the spirit from your blog each & everyday (sometimes more than once) :o>

Thank You for your testimonies & your thoughts! ~ You guys have truly been an insperation in my LiFe! Thank You Gracie for being here on this earth to receive your body & Share with ALL of US a "little" piece of Heaven! ~ Stay Strong! ~

With LoVe & Prayers, Tom & Nickelle Weekes

bunkerfamily said...

We are so happy to here that Gracie is doing better. We continue to pray for her and your family and thank Heavenly Father for answering our prayers. We love you!
Sweet Dreams Little Gracie.
Love, The Bunkers

♥Stef said...

I still jump when the phone rings, but it's getting a little better. I am so glad there is "no news", I hope we are done getting bad news. I am so grateful to have witnessed a true miracle from our Heavenly Father. Thanks for all you have taught us Gracie! Keep fighting to get better, can't wait to hold you someday soon. Aunt Stef

Harry said...

Tom and Michelle,
You have so many people following your story, that it true, if we don't hear from you we all get worried. You have been most gracious in sharing your journey and we all have an acute connection. We feel a part of it. That said, please don't worry about us. Let us worry about you as you tend to what is important, your family! :-)

Tiffany said...

How funny because I just wrote on my blog that I can't wait to hold her and kiss her 100 times (like Stef.) We have talked about being the lucky ones actually getting to see her... and be with her forever. I am so thankful! She looked great today, we love her so much! I will stop calling Gary every day at 7:30 am to make sure everything is ok... and take you at your word Michele, that you will call in case of an emergency. But let's just hope you only call me during the day... to tell me you need some paradise bakery :)

shana said...

I have to admit, I do get nervous when I don't hear from you, but then I tell myself, she should be spending time with her sweet kids-especially Gracie- instead of worring about us. We are just concerned about your sweet little one and want to help in any way! Thanks for sharing what you do-it gives us some comfort knowing her progress is going well!

Shay Brackney said...

I am so glad that things, at least for now, are status quo. You deserve a break from the intensity of the last few weeks. What a precious baby you have...and what a beautiful family you have. I can't imagine trying to balance it all, but then again, you're not alone, not even for one second. The Spirit has been heavy upon your family during this time, and I know that is how you've stayed so strong.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you...

The Brackney family
Castle Rock, Colorado

Teresa said...

I too get a little nervous when time goes by without any news. But your next post is the last thing you need to worry about right now. We'll be patient. I'm so relieved to hear that she is not only hanging on, but improving! Go Gracie go! We're cheering you on all the way from Virginia!

kristi said...

I am so happy for ya'll! When things didn't look good last week, I was amazed at both you and Tom's strength, perspective, and attitude. I think that (coupled with all the prayers) helped Heavenly Father bless you with more time with Gracie. My faith and testimony have grown because of your wonderful example. Keep up the good work!!

Love,
Kristi

Teri said...

Tom and Michelle, I just wanted to tell you that your little Gracie is helping all of us to have increased faith in a loving Heavenly Father. My little Nathan who is 12 has been very interested in Gracie's situation. It's so cute. This morning he said "I think I am going to fast for Gracie tomorrow." I told him to wait till the weekend because he runs track and I wanted him to have energy. : ) Thanks for sharing your story with each of us through your blog. We are thinking of you daily and praying for you and Gracie. Much love, Teri Nickel

Marci said...

Thanks for the updates. We really do worry! Gracie is just such a little miracle. Look how much love and concern she has brought into this world. And all of the miracles along the way. Everyone who knows her story cannot help but be touched by the courage and faith you all have had. And I know just with my own family - I have tried to be more patient and loving. Thanks to Gracie, I've been reminded how fragile life really is. You guys are amazing. Please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Shari said...

Tom and Michele-
Thanks for the updates!! I try to get info from Tiff so I don't worry!! It's funny how this sweet baby has become a part of all of us so she has so many people to worry for her and love her!! And we will continue our prayers that she will continue to progress!!! There truely is a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us and cares for us!! I have felt His love through this as I know you guys have! Thanks for giving us a window into a miricle!! Love you guys-can't wait to meet her!!Love-Shari (Tiff's mom)

jen said...

I'm stealing Marci's comment. I say exactly what she said! Gracie is a blessing & she has touched my life. I'm so happy that there is no news:). I hope you have a good, no news day!

Heather said...

I am very grateful for every post, because I am one of the ones who spends all day panicking if there hasn't been a post! I am SO happy that Gracie is gaining ground slowly but surely. Thank you again for sharing this with us. It has also strengthened and blessed my family.

KATE said...

It is so true what everyone else has said. We all have been touched by sweet Miss Gracie! She has something amazing about her, that has drawn all of us in!
Speaking for myself, i just love that sweet baby girl!! I know I've said it before, but she is such a miracle! What a fighter!
hugs~
Kate Alger & Family