Today is another good day. Gracie did well through the night. They are treating her for the blood clot with a higher dose of her anti-coagulation drug. They have to take her down to a different floor to get her PIC line in which should be around 1:00-2:00. They even talked about taking her three chest tubes out!! I would love for her to get those out, they are SO nasty looking and are going to leave some pretty good scars. Gracie sleeps most of the day and seems pretty peaceful. I will post later if we have anything noteworthy to post. Thanks!
14 comments:
Oh good! We pray for you all throughout the day, every day!
Tom and Michele,
Every time I read that she is doing well one more day, I am so happy. I'm so proud of her. She is such a strong spirit. I hope Cali's ear infection is getting better. Love, Susan
woooohoooo little Gracie. I'm so happy that you might get more tubes out. You are one strong and amazing little girl! Michele, you are amazing! I complain when I just have one sick kid at home and that's without having one in the hospital with some major things going on plus you are recovering from having a baby!!! Seriously, you rock lady! I know it can't be easy but you seem to be handling it all pretty darn good. We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.
I love, love, love hearing good news about Gracie! She is on my mind every day, with a prayer in my heart constantly. All those little baby steps towards wellness are starting to add up and it's so exciting. I pray for your strength as well, Michelle. Mommies in your situation needs all the help you can get!
Talk about a small world. I put a post on my blog about baby Gracie and asked all my "readers" to pray for her. My sister-in-law emailed me to tell me that she is Jacob's aunt. The Jacob you have listed under other heart friends.
I'm so glad that her feedings are going well and that they are treating her clot. We continue to pray for her everyday!
Oh how exciting!! You will have to post new pics if she gets them out. Take care!
Michelle,
I just heard of a great way to refere to scars caused by life saving surgeries - instead of scars they are "miracle marks". I thought I would pass that along because I felt like it was such a brilliant and tender way to refere to their scars the rest of their life. We are praying for little Gracie and we enjoyed having Family Night with your kids on Sunday. (I think my Callie has a crush on Taylor). Our prayers and love, Rocky Doman
Although we don't know eachother, I have been following your blog and pray for your sweet Gracie and family each day! My four girls are always asking about Gracie! She is a strong little girl and has inspired many! We are so happy to see the posts with good news! Keep fighting little one!
Oh I just love this little angel! Keep being strong, Gracie!
We will continue to pray for you and your sweet family!
Tam
How great to get those tubes out! Even better that they are not to worried about the clot. I feel like every bit of good news is a bonus since we didn't get any for so long!
Can't wait for her to be all "disconnected" so they can take her off more medications and allow her to wake up:)
Go Gracie!
Stef
You will be surprised at how well all of Gracie's scars will look when they heal (even the drainage tubes scars!). I posted a picture of my sons scars on our blog last week. Take a look because it might make you feel better. I can barely see or feel any of them.
Congrats on another good day. Doesn't it feel great to write "good day" on the title of a post? We will keep praying for your little miracle.
Someone recently made a comment on here about having certain tubes taken off her in order for you to be able to hold her. I am curious as to what more needs to happen in order for you to get to do that. If you don't mind, can you explain? You are a wonderful lady! I look forward to meeting you again next time I am at my moms!
Wonderful Wonderful news! Each day is a milestone and a victory! So happy for her and you. Great news, I hope those tubes come out and soon you'll be holding her. :)
Post a Comment