Monday, April 14, 2008

Blood Clot

My kids are on spring break for the whole week, so I got here kind of late today. I took Callie into the doctor this morning and she has a double ear infection. So after filling her prescription and grabbing a few groceries, I was finally able to come up.

They did a routine echocardiogram today and found a blood clot in her right atrium. They think it was caused by the art line in her neck that goes directly into her heart. So, they are going to try and put a PIC line in her arm and take the one out of her neck. They are going to have to take her to a different room tomorrow and put dye through her veins to find one easily without poking her a million times. The blood clot is a concern as far as they don't want it to block her vein completely because that would prohibit her from getting her second surgery. The blood clot is in the vein that they 're-route' during her Glenn (2nd surgery). They are going to increase her anti-coagulation medication to help reduce the blood clot.

Gracie's feedings are going well so far. They have uped her to 2cc's an hour now. Other than all of that, she is doing well. She is sleeping most of the time and when she is awake, she is peaceful. Keep praying for our sweet Gracie, she still needs all the help she can get!! Thank you so much!!

15 comments:

Gledhill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harry said...

Tom and Michelle, I keep thinking about you guys and what you are going through with Gracie. She has gone through a lot, and more on the horizon. But she sure seems tough! We will keep praying for Gracie, and your family. Hope you have been able to catch a little rest over the last couple of days, as you keep a watch over her.

Shay Brackney said...

You have all come such a long way in such a short time. As a mom I ache for you having to try to balance so many aspects of your life; baby Gracie, your other beautiful children, and yourself...my prayers and the prayers of my family are with you at all times and though we don't know each other, I continue to fast on behalf of you and your family each Sunday.

~ Shay Brackney
Castle Rock, CO

Amy Maires said...

Eli said the dinner prayer with help from Mike. After he was finished he complained that "we forgot to bless baby Gracie!" Even our 2 yr.old prays for her! We hope that each day gets better and better...she's so darling and I can't wait to see her again!

Em said...

We continue to pray for you. I know the clots are common. It seems like a good majority of these kiddos seem to get them. Hopefully it will be dissolved. I am glad they are upping her feedings. I can not wait till she gets her drainage tubes out. Ryker was so much happier being able to be snuggled in his blankets. It made him a different baby. You guys keep having fun with her!

The Gough's said...

We haven't stopped praying for your sweet family and little Gracie. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Smith family said...

She is sooooo cute, I just want to kiss those precious little cheeks!!! We are continually praying for you ALL! We check constantly and hope you know we are thinking of you lots. Hope Callie gets feeling better too - you guys are amazing!!! Can't wait til we can all be together again! We love you lots and lots!

Matt, Suzy, Stockton, Jaxson and Dawson (the boys ask about and pray for baby Gracie every night) we all love her so much

Anne said...

Hang in there!! We can only imagine the MANY directions that you are being pulled in at this time in your life. Even to a stranger, you have shown incredible strength in dealing with everything on your plate right now... I just want you to know that your children are very lucky to have you. Take it a day at a time...

♥Stef said...

Oh Gracie, you sure keep us on our toes! Thanks for giving us a week break without any scares. As I keep saying "Keep fighting Gracie". Your whole life is going to be a fight. You have a lot of people here for you! Keep eating and getting stronger! We can't wait for you to come home.
Aunt Stef

SuperCoolMom said...

We pray for baby Gracie and think of you often throughout the day. Have a good spring break with your sweet family! Hope your other baby girl gets better soon.

Brooke said...

Hopefully a little thing like that will not affect little Gracie! I know it is not SO little but she has been through worse and is so strong! :) We are all continually praying for her.

Heath said...

I'll keep praying for Grace and hope that her clot dissapates with the anti-coagulation drug. Hopefully this is just a small bump for her and she continues to fight.

Grammy Staffy said...

My family will continue to pray for Gracie and your family as well. I am sorry for the blod clot complication. We hope that the medicine will take care of it.

Gledhill said...

Continue to enjoy each day with Gracie. She is such a sweetheart.You are always in our prayers.
Love
Grandpa Gledhill

Melissa said...

We're so sorry to hear that Callie hasn't been feeling good and hope her ears get better soon. The blod clot sounds like a bit of a bump in the road but hopefully the anti-coag drugs will help and things will go smoothly the rest of the way. We still think about Gracie every day and will continue to keep her in our prayers. All my kids are home for spring break too and Madison is dictating things I should write in here - the kids are all very concerned for Gracie. We love you guys and hope things continue to go well with her feedings and progress on the clot.

Love - The Laurences