Sunday, April 6, 2008

Boring Is Good

Well, we got here this morning and things had gone well here last night. Gracie continues to improve. She is down to 30% oxygen and her chest x-ray today looks better than yesterday. We have a nurse here today that was here one of Gracie's last days on ECMO and had not been with her since she came off ECMO. She said that this is 'unprecedented' and that Gracie is 'rewriting the books'. It's good to finally hear someone say something positive. The ICU doctor came in and talked to us and said that while she is not out of the woods yet, she is improving in all the areas that can be expected right now. She seems to be more alert for longer periods of time. I don't love it when she is awake though because a lot of the time she kind of gags on her breathing tube and makes a scrunchy face like she is uncomfortable. So I am happier when she is asleep. She is so sweet, we love everyday we get to spend with her. I don't anticipate posting too much while we are in the 'boring' phase. Although things can change in the blink of an eye around here, we are not expecting them to. I can't thank everyone enough for all of the notes, emails, comments, treats, visits, meals and gifts that have been given to our family. It has lifted us up in our time of need and we APPRECIATE it!! Have a good Sunday everybody.

16 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

She's a Little Miracle "Everyday!"

With Prayers & LoVes!
Toma & Nickelle Weekes

Gledhill said...

Tom and Michele's neighbors are so kind and thoughtful . The ward members and neighbors have brought meals into the home every day. Thank you all so much. Your kindness is so appreciated.

May the Lord continue to bless you Tom and Michele. Our Heavenly Father is watching over our Little darling Gracie Jean. We put our full trust in Him.
Grandpa Gledhill

susan said...

It was so good to hear your words today that Gracie is still fighting and improving. I know what a hard week this has been so try to relax even a little and remember how much you are loved. Love, Susan

KATE said...

I love to hear boring! So so glad she is doing so well! She is so precious, I just love the updates! Thanks so so much!!

~thoughts & prayers!
Kate

Christina said...

Yea for boring! What a miracle to be at this point. She sure has had some surprises up her sleeves! I understand she is still not out of the woods, so we will keep the prayers coming!

Sending HUGS and PRAYERS you way,
Your heart friend Jacob's family

Shari said...

I love BORING!!!! It is good to hear that she is doing well! We will keep praying for Gracie and your family! I hope you have have an opportunity to watch some of conference-it lifts the spirit and brings great comfort!! So many are praying for Gracie and your family-IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Love you guys-Shari (Tiff's mom)

Kim said...

Tom & Michele,
I hope you have many more "boring" days in the future. As much as we enjoy the updates on your blog...I'd be much happier to not have any knowing that Gracie is doing well. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
Love, Kim

SuperCoolMom said...

Keep going Gracie! Keep going Tom & Michelle. We're thinking of you and praying for you.

The Mason Family, Mesa, AZ

Jenny said...

I am so happy! My boys are constantly wanting to check on "the baby"! I guess that we all feel like we have a tiny little piece of her!

Brooke said...

Glad she is still improving. We will just expect that no news is good news. We will all continue praying. Thank you for keeping us all updated. I know so many have become attached to you little Gracie that some of us may never meet. Thank you for sharing her. :)

Linda said...

We are so thrilled to hear such boring news! Gracie, you continue to be a miracle to all of us.

We will continue to pray, to thank Heavenly Father for His constant watchcare . . .wait for new posts, and be inspired by you and your tremendously strong family.

Love,
Linda and Paul (Rhett and Bette's Cousins)

lara said...

Boring is the best kind of news! I think it is more of a worry to not hear anything because then we wonder what is going on! Tell Gracie we are proud of her!

Love,
The Mortensens

Melissa said...

We are so glad you are having a boring day! Who knew boring could be so wonderful!!! We're so glad to hear that Gracie continues to be miraculous! I know things will still be difficult for awhile and we will continue to keep your family in our prayers. What a beautiful Sunday!

Love,
Melissa and the Laurences

Natalie E said...

Yeah! I continue to be touched by your family. I am so grateful that Gracie is improving. Thank you for the update! Your family will stay in our prayers!

Em said...

We called Ryker's face a scrunchy face too! I know exactly how you feel. He would try to pull his tubes out, and he hated to be bugged. One of our favorite nurses nicknamed Ryker pissy-pants(much to the dismay of his Grandma!) I am glad she is doing well. I was really worried, but am so happy that she is such a miracle and that many many prayers are being heard and answered. We look forward to many more "boring" days!
hugs and prayers,
Emily and Mike

shana said...

I'm so glad to hear she is doing so well! Everytime I check your blog I get a little anxiety and it's so nice to hear positive and encouraging words about her> we love you guys and are so happy things are looking up!