
Here is a rare glimpse of my sweet Gracie's eyes. They were cleaning out her mouth and suctioning out her breathing tube. She had them open for a few minutes, it was a fun, rare moment.

Max was having a really hard morning coming to grasps with the fact that our Gracie Girl may not make it. We or should I say Tom decided it was ok for him to skip school and come and see his sister. We brought a couple of books and Max read them to her a few times. He loves her so much. It's hard enough for Tom and I to go through this, let alone to help our children start to let her go as well. Although we will still keep the faith that tomorrow could deliver us a MIRACLE!
25 comments:
We would read to Ryker every day. I am so sorry about this being such a hard time for your family, and especially your kids. I pray tomorrow brings a miracle too. May you have the peace that you need to get through this all. If we can do anything, we would be honored to help in anyway possible.
All our prayers,
Mike and Emily Gourley
Max is so sweet. You can tell through the pictures that he has such a sweet connection with her. Making memmories...part of what life is about. I'm sorry this is such a difficult time for all your family. I caught Shelby reading your blog just now, and she said, "aaahhh, so sweet". She was talking about the pictures. Indeed they are sweet pictures. We're all still praying!
--Suz, (and Shelby) :)
I could tell Max's voice was cracking on the phone this morning and it broke my heart. I told him on the way to school yesterday that the doctors will do everything they can for Gracie and he said "THEY BETTER!" The Big Brother instinct is in full swing. We will continue to hope and pray for you guys,love -Amy
I wish there was something I could do to help your sweet family! I can't even imagine what this is like for you. I am still praying everyday for you & baby Gracie. That Miracle may come yet! I believe in Miracles!!!
Love that tender picture of Max reading to his baby sister! It doesn't get any sweeter! Thanks for sharing the precious moment with us!
She is so beautiful! How darling to see her eyes open! We will also keep praying for a miracle for Gracie! Tell Max I think he is such a great big brother!
Love,
Lara
Honestly, she is very beautiful. So perfect. Some might think that our heart babies are not so perfect because they have so many more medical issues but they have perfection where it really matters. They are perfect in spirit and at heart. WE BELIEVE in miracles and I would always tell the doctors "I think today is a great day for a miracle, don't you?" They knew that I was never giving up on that miracle until the Lord told me that it was time to move on to the next miracle. Sometimes our "Idea" of the perfect miracle changes as we face our trials. Your children are in our prayers always. The faith of a child is amazing. I have learned that with my own children during our trials with Kaidence. Hugs to you all.
With hope, FAITH and Love,
Shauntelle
Kaidence's Mommy
Max,
You are such a wonderful big brother to spend you morning reading to Gracie. I am sure she felt your love, and this will help her heal.
Love you,
Grandma
I didn't think Gracie could look any more beautiful than the previous pictures but her eyes are so warm and sweet. What a doll! Your family is so special to me, as you know, and you are in my constant thoughts and prayers. I can feel the Spirit just by reading your words and seeing her pictures. I love you, Susan
Max is such a great big brother! I think there is no better place for him to be than right by his little sister. And those pictures you have of Gracie are incredible. I love the one of all three of your hands. You guys continue to amaze me. It's so hard for me to not know how to help or what to do...but we will be continue to pray for you tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your faith with us all. Faith and hope are so important - and you guys have it in abundance. You should be very, very proud of your devotion to Gracie and the faith you continue to show. I know that Heavenly Father is in charge, but I am still nervous about tomorrow. Hang in there and know how much you and Gracie are loved by soooooo many!!!
Love, Natalie
Hi, I found your blog through Andrew Mathis' blog. We have been at PCMC for over two months with our little boy but I just wanted to tell you how beautiful little Gracie looks. I think the hardest thing is to not have any control over the outcome and yet that has also given me the greatest comfort knowing that my little boy and your sweet, sweet Gracie are in the Lord's hands. I wish you the best in everything- Angel (Charlie's mom)
Those pictures are SO sweet!! She is really a beautiful little spirit. I will be praying for a miracle tomorrow for Gracie and pray that you will feel the peace and comfort of our Savior in these tender moments.
So precious!!!
What an amazing brother Max is. I am sure there was nothing more important going on at school today than those memories he will always have of reading to Gracie. So priceless. We are still pulling for you all! Your strength is inpiring. And Gracie - she is so sweet. I loved seeing her beautiful eyes today. Thanks for sharing that. Love you guys!
Her eyes! Even with all of that stuff on her face she is still one of the most beautiful baby girls I have ever seen.
I was just thinking about her eyes today and wondering if she was able to open them and take a look around. She is gorgeous. I love the pictures! Max is so sweet. It must be hard for the kids to understand all of this. We are praying and sending all the love we can your way!
From Michelle Rich (on my sister's blog). Hey Michelle I just got back from a trip and was so sad to hear that little Gracie is not doing well. I am so sorry for you and your family. This must be heart breaking for you. I just want you to know that you and your framily are in my prayers. I love you and know that our Heavenly Father is with you and is proud of you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do. ALL my love, your friend Michelle Rich
Michele and Tom, my heart goes out to you and your family and that sweet little babie Gracie. You have done a wonderful blog, and have put so much time into it. Thank you. Gracie is so loved by people who don't even know her. The prayers are pouring in, and I know it looks bad, but I still belive in miracles. May our Father in Heaven bless all of the family in the following days. Love to all, Cheryl
Hi, I don't know if this is weird, I found your blog through a friends, and have been following up on your sweet baby. I just want you to know that our family has been praying for your little girl every night. What a sweet baby she is. Thank you for sharing your sweet testimony and your strength. and thank you for the reminder to appreciate the blessings in our own life. You are a wonderful family and we will continue to pray for you and your little angel Gracie
I'm a blogfriend of Kate's and I've been checking in to see how your sweet little Grace is progressing. Our prayers are with you and your beautiful family.
- Janie & Family
Good Luck today Gracie. WE are praying for you and your family. You are in our thoughts.
With Hope and love,
Kaidence's Mommy
Shauntelle
My heart aches for Max, Taylor, and Callie. They are making such sweet memories with little Gracie no matter what the outcome is. I wish I could do something more. We love you and continue to think and pray for your entire family.
Kristi M.
Max you wore a man's shoes well today. Your mom and dad must be very proud of you. Gracie is lucky to have you and Taylor and Callie for siblings because you all love her so much. There is nothing greater than love. The Lewis family thinks about you and prays for you every day. Michele thanks for the picture of Gracie's eyes. I have wondered if she has been asleep 24/7 with all her physical trama and was sad because she seems to say so much when her eyes are open. Sending our love!
Tom and Michelle,
Glad to hear you were able to spend a couple of hours at home. I continue to pray that you will have Gracie there with you soon soon soon! I truly admire your faith and character in such a very difficult time.
Harry
What a precious little girl you have! We are praying for peace for your family and a miracle for sweet Gracie today!
Heart Hugs,
Michele - IHH
Taryn's Mommy
Max, I think reading to little Gracie is making her strong. What a special brother she has to look after her.
We love you,
The Bunkers
Post a Comment