Saturday, April 26, 2008

Infection?

I brought Max to the hospital with me today. We have been talking to her, brushing her hair and giving her kisses. She has done really well with her spontaneous trials off the ventilator. They think in the next couple of days they will be able to take her breathing tube out. The only new possible setback, (because there always has to be one right?) is that her heart rate and temperature have been up. They have sent a culture to see if she has an infection. They will have some small results tomorrow afternoon and will know for sure by Monday afternoon. I hope and pray that it is nothing and that she will just start to rebound. It would be so lovely to have her continue to improve instead of having some setback every two days. They don't seem too worried about it right now, they gave her some extra pain medication and some tylenol. So right now, Max and I are hanging out. Please keep praying for our sweet Gracie!

4 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

We are happy to hear that Gracie may be able to get the breathing tube out. We hope that if she does have an infection they will be able to get rid of it quickly. As always your family and Gracie are in our prayers.

Brooke said...

How wonderful would that be to have her breathing tube out?!! We are for sure praying for that!

The Laurence Family said...

I hope the increased temp. and heart rate turn out to be no big deal. It would be so great to be done with the ventilator! I think she would rapidly improve without things down her nose and throat. We will be praying extra hard between now and Monday. Tell Max I love his posts and that even though it doesn't seem fair she did live in your belly - not his! Glad you are getting to hold her - it must feel heavenly!

Love,
Melissa

The Simmons Family said...

We'll pray that it's not an infection, you need a good week of no complications :). What a little miracle baby she's been so far! Keep on fighting Gracie and I hear that breathing on your own is quite wonderful too.. you don't need that stinkin' ventilator anymore.

Andrea
Owen's Mommy