Gracie had a good night and has had a good day so far. However, they came and assessed her this morning and decided that they needed to clean up her incision. So, they are going to take her in to the operating room around 5:30/6:00 p.m. They think they may need to do a muscle flap. I know, the term sounds gross. I guess a muscle flap is when they cut the pectoral muscles and pull them over to cover her sternum to give the area better profusion. Yikes! They have had to stop feeding her and are giving her just IV fluids again. Also, they have had to stop her anti-coagulation drug in order for her to have her procedure done. So we are just waiting for them to take her in. I will post later if necessary, thanks!
p.s. she is not throwing up anymore! Yay--since she's had her new feeding tube put in yesterday, she has not thrown up once!!
12 comments:
Thank you sooo much for keeping everyone posted even though you don't even know a lot of these ppl. Little Gracie is teaching so many ppl that the little things in life are what matters most. That little baby has so much love from ppl that don't even know her and she is so lucky for that.
Much Love and Many Prayers,
Allysa Barkdoll
I'm sorry to be posting so many comments but I thought that you should hear this. There is a little two-yr-old girl that comes to my house everyday and I treat her just like my own. We were looking at the older posts on your blog and she looks up at me and says "Lysa God loves baby" I was like yes sweetheart and started to cry. She knew that and then she looks up and was like "Baby Heart" That meant more than just a few words to me and I thought it would to you too. Goes to show God shows things through little kids as well as adults.
Oh Gracie! What an amazingling strong spirit must reside in your little body -to keep fighting for life while your body undergoes so much trauma. I admire you immensely! Love the Lewis Family
Hey, did she ever stop throwing up? Hope all goes well in the OR. She is getting prettier every time you show a new picture. We'll send up a quick prayer that the procedure goes smoothly.
You guys rarely have a quiet day! Good luck in the OR Gracie. Hopefully it will be a quick trip. It was so fun to see her yesterday. She is so beautiful in person...and her little corner of the ICU is decorated with so much love...all pretty in pink and filled with pictures and little girly things. We're still keeping her in our prayers every day.
Love, Natalie
Good luck Miss Gracie!!! We are all pulling for you!!! You are amazing!
We've been checking on Gracie everyday we've been on vacation. My Mom and sisters also ask for an update. We are so happy she has had a good week and we hope there are many more to come! love - Amy
Oh little Gracie you have been through so much in your short little life!!! We praying for you!!!
I've put myself on another computer time out, but I'm cheating right now because I had to check on little Gracie. I hope everything goes well and you have a good night.
Hi Michelle!! Gracie looks so sweet! It's amazing how well you deal with all of these ups and downs. I just want to let you know that our prayers are with you and your family and we sure love ya!
Gracie Girl, You look beautiful than ever and you've gone through so much!
We will continue to pray for you and your sweet family. Good luck tonight Gracie and We're glad to here your not throwing up anymore. we love you.
Sweet Dreams,
The Bunker's
Tom and Michelle,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post regular updates on how Gracie is doing. We check frequently and have been excited to follow her improvement over the last 10 days or so. Our prayers will continue to be with Gracie, each of you, and your family.
Love, The Rowley Family
Post a Comment