Friday, April 4, 2008

She's Off!!

They just got done taking her off the ECMO, taking the cannulas out and sewing her patch back on. All of her stats look good for now! They are concerned about her lungs still from this morning and that is the main thing they are going to look at over the next couple of hours. Dr. K said the heart looked good. So the next few hours are critical but she's still here!

44 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

We are with you in thought and prayer. May you be sustained with love and strength.

With Hope and Love,
Shauntelle and Little Kaidence

Joni said...

Sounds like great news so far, every step counts!!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

That is great news! We have been praying and fasting all day! My two year old say Gracie's picture just a moment ago and said that he prayed for Gracie. We hope she continues to be strong!

Em said...

This is good news! Please keep us posted! I work tonight and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you through the night. Know that there are countless people that are behind you and that just adore your little Gracie and your family!
Hugs and hope,
Emily and Mike
and angels Lilly and Ryker

KATE said...

Thank goodness... still praying & hoping she continues to progress!!!
good job Baby Gracie!!

Melissa said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We, too, will continue praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! Still praying for all of you. Much love.....

Leslie said...

"She's still here." Those are the most wonderful words I've heard all day! WAY TO GO GRACIE! KEEP FIGHTING! It's so great to hear that her heart looks good too. We'll continue praying that her lungs do well. Though we know that she is still very critical, we have hope. Truly a little miracle has happened already!
Leslie

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

You don't know me but I've been watching your baby Gracie's story closely. My neice is at PCMC in PICU as well, so I followed a link here a couple of weeks ago.

I have been praying for your daughter! These babies are all so brave, and such fighters.

And I am so impressed with your family. Gracie has wonderful parents and siblings, who will always love her.

I'm praying for the best! It's wonderful that she made it off the ECMO!!

McMemories said...

Im tiffany's friend and our family and friends have been praying for baby gracie. She is so beautiful and we will all continue to pray!

The Richards said...

We have been praying for you and your sweet little girl for weeks. I am amazed and inspired by your strength and faith through all of this. Graice is a blessing to all of us who have been priviledged to know and read about her. Love Mike and Julie - Rob's brother

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Yea!!!!! I wrote earlier comment before the post was finished (not sure how that happened). Gracie, no matter what happens you have made us so proud. We are so happy. It is now definately in the Lords hands. Take peace in knowing that you as parents have done your part. He will now do the rest.

With Hope and Love,
Shauntelle and Kaidence

Kim said...

I'm so glad she made it through.
We're thinking about you constantly! Hang in there...we
are praying for you all.

Love, Kim

Stephanie said...

I have been checking your blog countless times each day to see how your little Gracie girl is doing. We have been praying for Gracie and for you and Tom as well. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves you and through His strength you can get through anything you are faced with. We will continue to pray for you and Gracie. I hope that she can keep on fighting hard. Love, Stephanie Adair

kristi said...

Truely a miracle! Looks like she might want to stay.
Love, Kristi

Winnie said...

Such great news!! Way to go Gracie, keep on keepin' on! We're still praying, still hoping.

Melissa said...

We're really pulling for that sweet little girl! Go Gracie!

The Laurences

Heart Mommy said...

All I can do is sit here and sob!!! A little more time with her!!! YAY!!!!

♥Stef said...

Way to go Gracie!!!!!! Thank you so much for holding on for us to give you more kisses! We love you.
Love, Aunt Stef and Uncle Rob

Cami said...

I just got back from taking our youth group to the temple. We said a prayer and dedicated our trip to Gracie and your family. We love you!
Hang in there!!!
Cami

Tiffany said...

Come on Gracie, keep the good news coming! We love you!
Uncle David, Aunt Tiff, Brooklyn, Ellie and Sadie

Annette said...

Oh that's great. Keep it up Gracie! Prayers and love to all!!

Maughan"sters" said...

Wow..such great news. We love to check your blog often, so thanks for the updates. I love to see all of the pictures of her; she is very precious.

penny said...

Hello,
I am a member of Intermountain Healing Hearts. Please know our family is praying for you. Please feel our love support and faith.

Brooke said...

I am so happy! I am sure you are happier though :) The prayers will not stop and I will be checking back frequently to check on Gracie girl. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated!

Natalie said...

Yeahhhh! We are so happy!!! We will keep praying for more and more good news! You're a fighter little Gracie! We'll be following closely!
Love Natalie and Alan
Megan wants you to give Gracie a hug from her!

Annalise said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers OFTEN, and will continue to be through these coming critical hours. Judging by the counter on your blog, we're not the only ones checking in a lot! Gracie has touched so many people!
Love, The Eccles

The Curtis Family said...

Great news!!!! I am so happy to hear Gracie is off the ECMO. We'll continute to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

The Curtis Family

Lath said...

Hi Gledhill family

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been calling my sister (Michelle Rich) for an update on Gracie and she sent me to your blog. You have a beautiful family and I am so glad to hear Gracie is hanging in there.

You are in my prayers. I know you are in need on comfort right now And after reading these blog responses, I can tell that Heavenly Father is sending you Angels that pray for and love you.
Love, Jenn Nelson

Aunty Bette said...

Wonderful news! Still praying that Gracie continues to improve.

Much Love,
Aunty Bette

Heather said...

Hooray! That is fantastic news!

Michelle said...

Wonderful news! Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with Gracie and your family! I hope she continues to progress. You have been such amazing parents throughout this whole process. What a miracle so far!

Michelle Armstrong
(Tiff's friend)

Linda said...

Oh what sweet news! We will continue to pray and keep you in our thoughts.

Cousin (Rhette and Bette's cousin) Linda

The Colby's said...

Way to go Gracie!!! We are so happy for you!!!

Debbie Jensen said...

we are praying for you!! and send our love! Debbie Jensen

Jesse and Laur said...

Tom and Michelle
We marvel at your faith and strength. Thank you for your example. You are teaching us all so much -- especially our boys as they watch and learn from this. You and baby Gracie are in our thoughts and prayers. We know that God is good.

The Jones Family

Kacy said...

What an amazing family you have! We, too, have a miracle HLHS baby girl. Mary Clare will be 10 months old this month and is doing so well. She had her Norwood at 5 days old and her Glenn at 6 months. I "happened" upon your blog a few days ago while searching for other HLHS families. I have been anxiously checking in on Gracie and praying for her. She is simply beautiful, and such a fighter. We also have a blog documenting our family. www.babypennington. (Our HLHS journey begins March of 2007, when I found out while pregnant.) These babies are certainly God's precious angels. I will continue to lift you all up in prayer. Thank you for sharing her beautiful life. Kerri Pennington
www.babypennington.com

KristinB said...

Wow! We left for a few hours and I have been so anxious to get home and check on Gracie! Sounds good so far. We will keep sending good thoughts and prayers your way and continue and hope and pray for this sweet baby!

Mary & Barry Gledhill said...

We continue to hold Gracie and your family in prayer.

Mary & Barry Gledhill said...

We continue to hold Gracie and your family in prayer.

Barry & Mary Gledhill

J Shepherd Family said...

We have been checking the blog every minute for days. I am so grateful for the technology that has allowed us to follow the progress of this sweet, precious baby. Thanks so much for sharing. We love you.

The Shepherds

Leslie said...

Hey Max, this is Jake Smith, and i'm just letting you know that i'm praying for your sweet little sister. I miss you coming over and eating otter pops on my swings. I hope that you can come over soon and play. I just want you to know that Gracie will be okay which ever way she goes and that she will always be with you. Make sure that you keep the holy ghost and heavenly father in your lives. I miss you and hope for the best for you. From your friend, Jake Smith.

Marci said...

Way to go, Gracie! What a strong little spirit you have. I'm sure that is why we are all mesmerized by you!

Sam Anderson said...

I found your blog from a post someone in IHH made earlier. I want you to know we'er praying for your family! Gracie is so sweet.

heart hugs

Melynda Anderson
mommy to Mariska 4.5 months HLHS